[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Fey Forest PvP tourney -FINAL CLASH- [Winner: Master - Brawler]

124»

Comments

• @TheNobleNoble
    Accept that a tourney in this game in this patch with the current class balance is [filtered]. Then... move on... there's a reason all the players who master the game leave, it's an unbalanced trash heap with little to no support or attention from the devs. It just devolves into ego boosting Gank festivals.

I know this having played Tera from beta till right before ninja. I played every class in both PvE and PvP, got to the point where I could even anticipate cool down resets for each class I was playing against, up to 4-5 people (there was a reason people couldn't land CCs on me), and iframe them. The conclusion I came to was that reaper wins 1v1 period when used to its full extent.

The fact that you acknowledge some classes will plow others is you agreeing the game is unbalanced... Trying to force everyone to play in a restricted setting just sets up a toxic environment where you can cast out players for being "BM".

The good players quit because they saw this happening and weren't willing to participate. If you wanna run a serious tourney go find an actual PvP oriented game. Tera is for PvE man.

P.S.
    Honestly, who doesn't have a brooch at this point? I understand the crying that happened when they first came out because purifying brooch was a serious game changer... but now? Wtf... are people so dumb these days that they don't even want to consider the additional possibilities a brooch has to offer in the out come of a duel?
  • Edomdrah wrote: »
    @TheNobleNoble
    Accept that a tourney in this game in this patch with the current class balance is [filtered]. Then... move on... there's a reason all the players who master the game leave, it's an unbalanced trash heap with little to no support or attention from the devs. It just devolves into ego boosting Gank festivals.

I know this having played Tera from beta till right before ninja. I played every class in both PvE and PvP, got to the point where I could even anticipate cool down resets for each class I was playing against, up to 4-5 people (there was a reason people couldn't land CCs on me), and iframe them. The conclusion I came to was that reaper wins 1v1 period when used to its full extent.

The fact that you acknowledge some classes will plow others is you agreeing the game is unbalanced... Trying to force everyone to play in a restricted setting just sets up a toxic environment where you can cast out players for being "BM".

The good players quit because they saw this happening and weren't willing to participate. If you wanna run a serious tourney go find an actual PvP oriented game. Tera is for PvE man.

P.S.
    Honestly, who doesn't have a brooch at this point? I understand the crying that happened when they first came out because purifying brooch was a serious game changer... but now? Wtf... are people so dumb these days that they don't even want to consider the additional possibilities a brooch has to offer in the out come of a duel?

LOL I'm actually surprised I agree with you. But as you can probably tell, most of the PvP community just enjoy PvP enough to look past the unbalance of it. We try to somewhat make it more balanced by having these so called "BM" skills that limit what a class can do. I don't really see them as a cause of toxicity in this day and age but who knows.
    I'm a bit lost on what your entire message is tbh, like, are you telling me that tera is [filtered] and to quit or what?
  • EdomdrahEdomdrah ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    You seem to have got the message pretty clear.

Unfortunately, Tera has the unique problem of being just fun enough to not be dropped by customers despite having glaring problems with class balance, random d/c, lag, etc... Therefore the problems will likely never warrant a serious solution on the part of EME. Why would EME fix things though, if the customers are willing to work around or deal with all the problems anyways?

Just to make sure I'm not confusing anyone this time. Tera is sh]t for PvP and if you want to PvP seriously, look elsewhere. Reference this tournament as an example of why this is the case (everything from the rules to the matches themselves).

P.S.
    I'm just a salty old player who's butthurt over the downhill trend of an old favorite game. Sort of like going on vacation and coming back to a burnt down house.

Unfortunately, Tera has the unique problem of being just fun enough to not be dropped by customers despite having glaring problems with class balance, random d/c, lag, etc... Therefore the problems will likely never warrant a serious solution on the part of EME. Why would EME fix things though, if the customers are willing to work around or deal with all the problems anyways?

Just to make sure I'm not confusing anyone this time. Tera is sh]t for PvP and if you want to PvP seriously, look elsewhere. Reference this tournament as an example of why this is the case (everything from the rules to the matches themselves).

P.S.
    I'm just a salty old player who's butthurt over the downhill trend of an old favorite game. Sort of like going on vacation and coming back to a burnt down house.

Atleast your not bashing my tourney ;o. To each their own I guess, I enjoy PvP so probably are right
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    Do you have a link for the video? @TheNobleNoble :chuffed:
  • @LucyFear You can skip like the first hour, its just setting up
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    Thank you \o/
  • BlurberryBlurberry ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    :((((((((((((
  • Someone's obsessed :(
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    ^ Rampage HP glyph OP

P.S.

Can you tell us what game is "ideally" a balanced PvP game that has a similar mixture of classes, stats, etc.? Not even Dungeons & Dragons as a pencil & paper game is PvP balanced, and it has been around for decades. Tera is next to impossible to balance for 1 vs. 1 unless players are fighting with a given character class strictly against others of the same equally equipped class.
  • TheNobleNobleTheNobleNoble ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    No more tournaments from me guys! My days of TERA are over
  • BlurberryBlurberry ✭✭✭
    No more tournaments from me guys! My days of TERA are over

bye
    aaaaaaaaa