Player base / Slowly fading game.

Only 4700 +/- Players daily on steam/non steam version and 2200 +/- on a 24 hour time frame.

Spread that out over 5 servers... EME you guys gotta merge some servers...

I came back after a year to a pretty empty game and uninstalled it after getting a valk to +12 guile just to see the class... Guys gotta do something even if its merging at least the XBOX players with PC on servers on the initial release.

Comments

• Oh and be honest with the server population please... cause I know and I know you guys at EME know a couple servers are LOW
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait tera console to grow up the population B)
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Must be a new week again , new dying fixit thread
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    Must be a new week again , new dying fixit thread

Not really me and spacecats had it out with the population before I quit last time, Unfortunately they won't give us the pop count so we have to dig for it nor will they discuss it but yes @Spacecats I'm back and you guys need to do something I was so close to getting elite again when I got back 4 days ago but the donkey shiat you guys are pulling won't make you any money.
  • Hahaha I make one here but it's true Tera NA is near from dead, they make nothing i think enmasse don't work on Tera anymoe
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    the new "upgraded" servers can't handle the population they already have.. merging them will not help until they've sorted their [filtered] out
  • HippyKHippyK ✭✭
    I expect the population count will rise again once they fix the lag spike issue... assuming it isn't the new normal, no reason to merge servers for something that will (hopefully) be fixed soon.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    Population always goes up and down.
    When there are events and new patches it goes up and when there is no event and the last patch gets old there is nothing to do people go to a different game waiting for a new patch or event
  • GrimoirGrimoir ✭✭✭
    I I heard Tera is dying and people are quitting since 2011…..talk about a broken record…
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    If we feel the population is low, what could we as a community do to change that? This thread could be a great opportunity to share ideas on how to attract new players.

One of the bigger criticisms I heard that kept me away from MMOs initially was the stories of toxic players. If we could figure out a way to promote our game as a community, promote those times when people helped each other...

I can't remember the last time I personally promoted the game by sharing a video or such.

That said, I knew in 2015 that MMOs were a fading game in NA. That many here have moved on to other types of games. That those of us who still play will probably have to face reduced numbers of people. Between that and the instability we are experiencing...Yeah, I can understand the "game is dying" threads.

But I don't think we are completely powerless. I think there may be things we can do to help slow the decline while we hope for BHS/EME to figure out what is going on in our servers. I agree that a merge should absolutely NOT be considered until we have that sorted out, and after the console release population spike and ebb.

Then again, maybe I'm the only slacker and y'all have been working hard at this already. If so, please share the most/least effective things you have tried.

I've been thinking about this a lot the last week or so, and this thread seemed an appropriate place to post it.
  • Gunner Elin will revive this game.
    what EME should do is get a popular, relevant twitch streamer/s to play Tera again. I found Tera when Lirik was playing it on twitch.
  • whats your source on those population numbers?
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Enzott wrote: »
    Only 4700 +/- Players daily on steam/non steam version and 2200 +/- on a 24 hour time frame.

Spread that out over 5 servers... EME you guys gotta merge some servers...

I came back after a year to a pretty empty game and uninstalled it after getting a valk to +12 guile just to see the class... Guys gotta do something even if its merging at least the XBOX players with PC on servers on the initial release.

other genius use steam numbers for show player base .........................................
    you do right, unistall .
  • EllieChuEllieChu ✭✭✭
    Here are some easy steps to bring fresh blood in to the game, while keeping the current players

1. Fix the lag
    2. remove +15
    3. stop handing out free VM before we get the latest HM
    4. stop removing content