[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Harrowhold Release

Comments

• Are you guys seriously asking them to delay it... I still can't get a weapon design but who cares.
  • DWDE6GFGWHDWDE6GFGWH ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Wtf, if you actually paid attention it was already mentioned that it came in July. Just give us the patch with HH included, not like you're ever going to fix this lagg. If people can't run it right away they can run it later.
  • NaizillaNaizilla ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I just hope they don't pull a last patch HH news and tell us super last minute again, although it probably will happen. I really miss the old "weekly update" forum posts that they used to do... I feel like EME has become less and less transparent and the communication with the playerbase isn't there compared to the past.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naizilla wrote: »
    I just hope they don't pull a last patch HH news and tell us super last minute again, although it probably will happen. I really miss the old "weekly update" forum posts that they used to do... I feel like EME has become less and less transparent and the communication with the playerbase isn't there compared to the past.

It was already mentioned several weeks ago that HH will come at July, sadly for those who don't pay atteintion.
  • ShishaoShishao ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    And when my guild was helping people, we made sure we helped them all the way. My bestie came back to Tera 4 months into the patch. Boy is rocking a marrow brooch and 10 clears now. You see, when the raid and the newbies are not donkeyholes, it's not a problem to make it work. Something you'd clearly be unfamiliar with if all you helped with was p1. We, on the other hand, created additional raids to accommodate late comers instead of telling them to suck it.

Cool story bro, 1 person, what a hero and on top of it he is your bestie :clap:
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shishao wrote: »
    And when my guild was helping people, we made sure we helped them all the way. My bestie came back to Tera 4 months into the patch. Boy is rocking a marrow brooch and 10 clears now. You see, when the raid and the newbies are not donkeyholes, it's not a problem to make it work. Something you'd clearly be unfamiliar with if all you helped with was p1. We, on the other hand, created additional raids to accommodate late comers instead of telling them to suck it.

You think we created additional raids(plural) for 1 person?
  • Shishao wrote: »

In the end attitude and flexibility ended up being the most important skills required for HH. Learning it was difficult but once a majority had it learned teaching new members was fairly simple. The person she is talking about wasnt placed into our raids cause Magi made him but because he worked hard and joined every learning raids hosted by both my guild and by other groups until he was ready to clear. Almost every active member in our guild cleared and we took many players who had the right mindset and attitude from out of guild for clears aswell.

I think if you truly wanted to clear and had the right mindset you would have gone the route that Pandy from MT did. His guild wasnt active and he wasnt in any early raids. So he made his own. Worked really hard to organize week in and week out and by the end of the patch he had a Stage 4 clearing raid that was not tied to any of the big guilds. He is not the best player, he plays with high ping, English is his second language, nobody invited him to raids, and he still found a way to clear. Its always easier to make excuses but at the end of the day if you didn't clear either your motivation lay elsewhere in this game (which is fine), you werent skilled/geared enough, or you spent more time complaining about your lack of clears than changing it.
  • edited June 2017
    Since the HM dungeon was released not so long ago, it is still a short time for gathering mats, if u arent doing as many runs per week.
    So idk, maybe it is not good to cater to the minority of ppl who do 100 runs on the first week and are bored for the rest of the patch, so they ask for new stuff?
    I am in a good guild so I guess i wont have trouble to join at any point, but still i dont like to be that guy who joins dungeons midway when everyone has it easier because they learned the dungeon. I like to be there from the beginning.
    And the way it was told before, is that HH is coming out at the end of July.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Xerray said:
    > Since the HM dungeon was released not so long ago, it is still a short time for gathering mats, if u arent doing as many runs per week.
    > So idk, maybe it is not good to cater to the minority of ppl who do 100 runs on the first week and are bored for the rest of the patch, so they ask for new stuff?
    > I am in a good guild so I guess i wont have trouble to join at any point, but still i dont like to be that guy who joins dungeons midway when everyone has it easier because they learned the dungeon. I like to be there from the beginning.
    > And the way it was told before, is that HH is coming out at the end of July.

Actually halrath said sometime next month, just not specifically when.
  • WhaleWhaleWhaleWhale ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I guess I really was too naive to hope Enmasse would resolve the lag issues before Harrowhold was re-released, or at least make it more manageable. I guess that was asking too much?

I'd personally rather have the raid released later with a less laggy experience than next week as laggy as it is. But then again, who knows if Enmasse can ever fix the lag issues.
  • It is quite annoying that a raid where we have to gather 20 people with a small player base we have no time to plan for anything people are planning by just assuming when the patch is going to be released 20 person content needs some sort of planning unlike 5 man content you can just go with any 5 people.

Raid content doesn't seem to exciting this time around due to the constant lag raided all last patch constantly with lag and its very annoying and it seems to be getting worse and worse

would rather have patch delayed and fix the many issues first than have a laggy patch that makes people not want to do content/play
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    I've noticed a large amount of people commenting on the thread that seem to have not even bothered to read the topic. I want to remind everyone, that I am not complaining about the release date of Harrowhold and that it needs to be delayed. No, I am not saying that Harrowhold is too hard. No, I am not guessing what date that Harrowhold will be out. I am doing none of the crap that 90% of the people here seem to be trying to derail my conversation into.

I am asking En Masse specifically to make sure that we get an ample amount of time to know that Harrowhold is coming before they release it. Unlike they did with the release of VM9/VSNM, where the patch was announced just days beforehand.

No, I don't need you to tell me that they told us that Harrowhold will be out in July, I already know that. But "loljuly" is not enough information to go off of. People need time to be able to get together twenty people per raid that all will be able to attend on the exact date that Harrowhold comes out.

If you haven't touched Harrowhold, don't play to touch Harrowhold, or don't understand why this information is needed, then this thread is not for you. The leaders of each raid put in tons of work every week to make sure every single raid each week goes as planned, in order for this to work with the release of Harrowhold, we need to know exactly when it will come out, otherwise you will have people unable to promise whether or not they can come. Putting together twenty people and making sure their schedules don't collide when you don't even know the date of the raid is impossible, completely and utterly impossible. Then comes the problem of the time of having known being too short to actually manage to properly create a raid. Like I said in the original post, some people may have problems calling off work in such short notice, or someone may not have thought that raid would come out this week and then suddenly 3 days beforehand it's announced, even though they already made plans.

Thanks again.
    @Tewwi

First HH experience, first month was to kick many people that entered raid to troll or that don't even were capable to run a high tier dungeons, many were people that only were curious about what it looked like that dungeon. Specifically the first week we had too many people that couldn't stay still and we were like 2 hours wiping even before getting the parties and the parties leaders.

That impresed me how people can't even understand something that simple, just the lack of discipline and the lack of compromise, then for the next 2 weeks was about people getting kicked and people leaving. The people kicked were people that couldn't even do SCHM, SSHM, RMNM and the people that left the raid were people invited for other people to another server.

Yeah, I know that make preparations in order to start a raid for that dungeon is a lot of effort but if you already has people willingly to join your raid and they have the skills then this new HH will take less effort to coordinate than previous HH that was a new experience for most players in Tera NA.

You and your friends already know that July is the month for HH20, if EME makes the anouncemente 4 days before we get HH20 patch I asure you that you will lost at most 1 or 2 weeks, something that I don't think could hurt you as much as you say.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    -snipsnip-

Sounds to me like you want to do all the planning for 3-4 full raids with just 4 days notice.
    Please be our guest and plan all of that. Talk with all 60-80 people to see what time/day works for them just days beforehand.
    edited June 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    -snipsnip-

Sounds to me like you want to do all the planning for 3-4 full raids with just 4 days notice.
    Please be our guest and plan all of that. Talk with all 60-80 people to see what time/day works for them just days beforehand.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Tewwi

You and your friends already know that July is the month for HH20, if EME makes the anouncemente 4 days before we get HH20 patch I asure you that you will lost at most 1 or 2 weeks, something that I don't think could hurt you as much as you say.

Read my post again, I said that new HH wouln't be as hard to coordinate the people needed as the previous, if you think that you will get that much problem then that means your raids are no more and most of those players don't play anymore.

However if you had keep in touch with those players then organizating the raids won't take the same time as the first time. You should already know what days most of them can play and also what is the best time in those days.

Well, that is if you already cared to keep on touch with them.