Compensation

when are we getting them 7-day sugar spun wings

Comments

• There is nothing that will compensate better than having any form of long-term stability.
  • ShishaoShishao ✭✭
    Throw in a Popo backpack too for the previous 6h downtime like a month ago we never got compensated for.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭
    edited June 26
    +15 vm 9.5 full set for 17 characters per acount / +15 full set vm 9 for new players for 17 characters ( all parcel post, tradable versions + liberatio scroll each ) im demand for compesation for dont be afk online for 2 hours

or boiscot/riot
  • MargaretheMargarethe ✭✭✭
    Could give a couple of days of free elite status.
    After all, that's all we're losing. Aside from our time and patience.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    I was only faming IoD so I didn't really lose anything, but before some comes telling "there's no need for compensation", "stop crying", "you're not elite, don't complain" and that stuff, I think at least who pay for their elite and lost dungeon runs need could really use some kind of, well, compesation -lol-. If you guys at EME and BHS are already investing in a console release (be it worldwide or not) then do it right, what use are those hours of client testing for if the servers are starting to crash more frequently?
  • NoctivNoctiv ✭✭
    I think it's about time for elite extension/compensation again.
  • MawileMawile ✭✭
    edited June 26
    Yea I'm usually one to white knight but these outages are becoming a lot more frequent. :o
    PS. I sure would appreciate an appearance change voucher like they did in KTera for outages~! ;)
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭
    They'll probably just reset dungeon entries for the day, lolz
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Elin mount plox
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mawile wrote: »
    Yea I'm usually one to white knight but these outages are becoming a lot more frequent. :o
    PS. I sure would appreciate an appearance change voucher like they did in KTera for outages~! ;)

I want to point out that asking for appearance changer for today's issue is unreasonable. Don't get me wrong-- I'd like to have it as well, but I'll explain why.

Judging by the past KTERA compensation patterns, appearance changers were only given out when server was down for more than 7 hours or so in the past. Recently, however, they haven't given them out recently since the official post about compensation boxes.

So in our case, that won't happen, not only because of the length of time, but also because even KTERA don't give them out as easily as they did before, unless the severity of the issue(s) had to be during like first day of major patch and no one could play it properly on that day.

Very good example of this was when KTERA's HH release where several exploits and bugs were found.

Frequent lag and such isn't really compensated much on KTERA side either, but they do pop up on News&Announcement post apologizing about the recent incidents just like what EME have been doing. Only difference is that KTERA servers come back stable within a week (which KTERA still QQ's about because it's not instantly fixed or looked into). The only like frequent lags is compensated in KTERA is usually when things like Events , new dungeon release, implementation of new system, etc are involved.

Examples of those were Caiman/Blue box event, SSHM release, RMHM release, VSHM release, dual option system, etc...
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    compensationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »

Go away, you don't need compensation you rich beetle :winky:
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »

Go away, you don't need compensation you rich beetle :winky:

all lives matter i want compensation
  • 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    They'll probably just reset dungeon entries for the day, lolz

We have reset instances on all servers.
    Mawile wrote: »
    I want to point out that asking for appearance changer for today's issue is unreasonable. Don't get me wrong-- I'd like to have it as well, but I'll explain why.

I appreciate your post and I'd like to elaborate on it a bit.

Issuing an appearance change voucher as compensation in the event of server crashes isn't exactly appropriate for a few reasons:

1) An appearance change voucher as compensation isn't appropriate relative to the nature of the outage. Compensation, in general, should correspond directly with the affected system or service.
    2) The level of support we provide surrounding certain account service items like race and appearance change vouchers is different from other regions. To grant a large number of these items at one time would inundate our customer support team further with what are very time-consuming requests.
    3) It sets a precedent. I know server outages have been frequent as of late so the call for compensation is warranted but we also can't reinforce the expectation that downtime will result in compensation equivalent to a certain value every single time.
    There is nothing that will compensate better than having any form of long-term stability.
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Could give a couple of days of free elite status.
    After all, that's all we're losing. Aside from our time and patience.

Agreed. We are currently investigating the cause of the crashes this morning and we may consider some form of compensation once the entirety of the outage is better understood. Preparing and issuing compensation takes some time to plan and execute too.
This discussion has been closed.