[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

returning player

i'm planning to play the game again,
i have slayer lvl65 with basic gears +12weapon +9set(this is free as far as i remember)
which one has more benefits if i'll play again, new account or the old one
i'm asking this because i plan to create a new character since i forgot how to play my slayer

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've been away for more than a month, keep your old account, you'll be able to use the BuddyUp on a new character anyway, not counting what you have on your old account already.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    There's a thing out now called the buddyup program, which you can get a buddyup code from a player 40+ if you haven't played on a server in at least 30 days :)

It gives you a 30-day mount, a permanent autoloot pet, and a 100% hunting xp boost for the 30 days of the code
    Every 10 levels you get stuff, sometimes a temp mount/costume, and you get gems to sell (I don't remember if they fixed that or not though), and you get xp scrolls to level up to the next level
    At level 65 you get 1k fed bills, a +12 enchantment scroll, and something else I think

They might have changed things though since I haven't used one in a long time
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old account of coarse, we have a reward system if you haven't seen it, it give you points and credits based on your previous Elite and EMP purchases, if you are an old players.
  • 30 day mount? They changed it? Pretty sure my Ninja still has the Zebra, was positive both the pet and the mount were permanent. Yet I was talking to a friend who can't find his.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiaolin wrote: »
    30 day mount? They changed it? Pretty sure my Ninja still has the Zebra, was positive both the pet and the mount were permanent. Yet I was talking to a friend who can't find his.

Mount is definitely not permanent. Pet is, though.
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    New 1 despite current content being easier than prior HM pplhave a stick up der [filtered] treating tdra like a job and elitist as [filtered] as the closed TS thread ckaerly indicates.

Healers as usual have the easiest time cuz double heal carry

DPS meta is valk war arc rest hardly see and yes Slayer is still near or at the bottom of the list so maining a slayer in the current state of the game REQUIRES a static. As you are aware considering this is TERA community we are talking about, difficult to do starting from scratch.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Xiaolin wrote: »
    30 day mount? They changed it? Pretty sure my Ninja still has the Zebra, was positive both the pet and the mount were permanent. Yet I was talking to a friend who can't find his.

No no I didn't say they changed it, I'm just saying it's been a good while since I used one so I wasn't sure

And the mount is just for the 30-day duration of the code
  • edited June 2017
    Thank you for response guys I appreciated it :)
    anyways. follow up questions
    what's the most populated server right now? pve and pvp.. my download isn't done yet.. poor due philippines ISP xD
    and class recommendation please for players who have 180-300 ping
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Mount Tyrannas is the most populated pvp server, Tempest reach pve. though, there is no much open world pvp on MT. for that you should probably check Fey Forest.
    for your ping.... idk what to say. unfortunately all classes are ping dependant, but by my experience, slayer and brawler are most ping friendly. but i have seen people playing all classes successfuly with such a high ping. your performance won't be as you have 20-30ms but you can still do a decent job if you know what you're doing.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I am a newish player and honestly speaking, I don't think this game is worth playing for new/returning players unless : 1) you can spend rl money on EMP 2) you can play during peak timings and have some static group or such.

Its sad but the community is way too elitist (at least on MT). Nobody accepts +12 dps for HM dungeons , heck I've seen even +12 healers getting rejected so, you can figure it out yourself how things work. Finding learning runs is also very difficult. I've been trying to make learning lfg and learn VSHM (current hardest dg) since past week and I am still a sitting duck. Today I was rejected from a TSNM lfg for being +12 and TS is a mid tier dungeon of which I have over 30 runs under my belt. I might sound rude but I am being straightforward and honest about my personal experience since last month I began playing. If you wish to play go ahead .. good luck , just keep in mind that its going to be rough.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    I am a newish player and honestly speaking, I don't think this game is worth playing for new/returning players unless : 1) you can spend rl money on EMP 2) you can play during peak timings and have some static group or such.

Its sad but the community is way too elitist (at least on MT). Nobody accepts +12 dps for HM dungeons , heck I've seen even +12 healers getting rejected so, you can figure it out yourself how things work. Finding learning runs is also very difficult. I've been trying to make learning lfg and learn VSHM (current hardest dg) since past week and I am still a sitting duck. Today I was rejected from a TSNM lfg for being +12 and TS is a mid tier dungeon of which I have over 30 runs under my belt. I might sound rude but I am being straightforward and honest about my personal experience since last month I began playing. If you wish to play go ahead .. good luck , just keep in mind that its going to be rough.

you know, with this attitude it's not a wonder nobody takes you to party for hm dungeons. it's a damn that lie people in misery don't get into parties, especially healers. you use every chance you get to talk [filtered] about MT and then you wonder how you don't get into parties. tbh if i ever see your name applying to my party, i'll reject you with a smile on my face. and advices you gave in this comment are most [filtered] i've ever seen. it's worth to play a game even if you can't swipe. i play this game for 2.5 years and only money i ever spent was to transfer to MT. you just need few characters to farm IoD and you can easily buy elite. the other advice about playing in peak time is also a bs. i play from Europe and don't have any static group, but i manage to find parties for any dungeon.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Palomina said:
    > I am a newish player and honestly speaking, I don't think this game is worth playing for new/returning players unless : 1) you can spend rl money on EMP 2) you can play during peak timings and have some static group or such.
    >
    > Its sad but the community is way too elitist (at least on MT). Nobody accepts +12 dps for HM dungeons , heck I've seen even +12 healers getting rejected so, you can figure it out yourself how things work. Finding learning runs is also very difficult. I've been trying to make learning lfg and learn VSHM (current hardest dg) since past week and I am still a sitting duck. Today I was rejected from a TSNM lfg for being +12 and TS is a mid tier dungeon of which I have over 30 runs under my belt. I might sound rude but I am being straightforward and honest about my personal experience since last month I began playing. If you wish to play go ahead .. good luck , just keep in mind that its going to be rough.

Maybe it's just you
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    > @Palomina said:
    > I am a newish player and honestly speaking, I don't think this game is worth playing for new/returning players unless : 1) you can spend rl money on EMP 2) you can play during peak timings and have some static group or such.
    >
    > Its sad but the community is way too elitist (at least on MT). Nobody accepts +12 dps for HM dungeons , heck I've seen even +12 healers getting rejected so, you can figure it out yourself how things work. Finding learning runs is also very difficult. I've been trying to make learning lfg and learn VSHM (current hardest dg) since past week and I am still a sitting duck. Today I was rejected from a TSNM lfg for being +12 and TS is a mid tier dungeon of which I have over 30 runs under my belt. I might sound rude but I am being straightforward and honest about my personal experience since last month I began playing. If you wish to play go ahead .. good luck , just keep in mind that its going to be rough.

Maybe it's just you

I have helped 2 new people since last month and both of them have quit after playing 1 week or so. I have 2-3 +12 friends that are sailing in the same boat as me and one of these guys actually spends 8+ hours daily trying to make vshm party , he has not found any success so far. Yeah , its totally just me.

Please remember that I play during non-peak timings (same for these above mentioned people) and my experience is based on that. Since OP said he has 180-300 ping , it is very highly likely that he does not live in NA , which means he will most likely be playing during non-peak timings.
  • what do you mean you were rejected for being +12, did they explicitly tell you that? Very doubtful about that.

seems to me that no one likes you.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    Palomina wrote: »

you know, with this attitude it's not a wonder nobody takes you to party for hm dungeons. it's a [filtered] that lie people in misery don't get into parties, especially healers. you use every chance you get to talk [filtered] about MT and then you wonder how you don't get into parties. tbh if i ever see your name applying to my party, i'll reject you with a smile on my face. and advices you gave in this comment are most [filtered] i've ever seen. it's worth to play a game even if you can't swipe. i play this game for 2.5 years and only money i ever spent was to transfer to MT. you just need few characters to farm IoD and you can easily buy elite. the other advice about playing in peak time is also a bs. i play from Europe and don't have any static group, but i manage to find parties for any dungeon.

What attitude? I mostly refrain from insulting and accusing people, like most people on forum love to do and right now you are doing the very same thing. Please, there is no need to insult me when I have said nothing against you because it only shows your attitude , not mine.

I am saying what I have experienced , obviously your experience can be different than mine but that doesn't give you the right to insult me. People into misery do get into parties for mid-tier dungeons , I have never denied that but even then they will be given second preference over +15 people and there are plenty of +15 only mid-tier dungeon lfg's going on as well. The question is , do real pve'rs care about mid-tier dungeons though? I think not. It is the hardest dungeons that matter the most and right now 60% of the vshm lfg's that I see are '+15 only'. Rest want skilled players but how is a new player supposed to get skilled if there are no learning/practice runs?

Buying an elite voucher for 60-70k is not same as spending millions of gold trying to get +15. I don't even know why would bring up elite vouchers here because they are almost necessity if you want to be serious about TERA. Even vm8 weapons right now cost as much as 250-300k and they will be outdated soon. Btw some +15 only lfg's now don't want even vm8 +15 but want vm9 +15 only so , go figure. I am in queue for fwc since 50+ min right now and still haven't found a match. So , enjoy playing during non-peak hours I guess.

Again all of these statements are based on my personal experience which can be different from yours. I don't mean to insult MT/EME or anyone but merely want to give true picture of things to OP according to my experience. So , no need to get mad at me. Oh and I am not stupid enough to play in-game with same name as forum one ;)