[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

[KTERA] [Dev Note] Gearing Progression Revamp TL;DR

Comments

• PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Tewii wrote: »
    @Palomina Then you make your own groups and accept +12 misery players like yourself. Or rely on your guild. Or network your friends. I know the concept is difficult to grasp but you should actually attempt to work slightly hard to get top tier VM mats.

But don't derail this thread like many others thanks.

As for this system, I'm on the fence. Which way I lean to depends on the validity of their statement that it'll be a better system.

Thread won't get derailed if you people stop mindlessly accusing,insulting and attacking me for no reason.

FYI , I already tried making my own group , my own learning lfg's but this game is deader than a ghost town during SEA timezone.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Rapunzzel wrote: »
    Poor players always compaining about rich player or irl people with money.
    But hey intead of crying about EMP buyers; go get a work; work a week and get like 800usd.
    Not that hard anyways.
    always lmao at such types of comments. fyi there r countries in the world out there where adults got full time job, families to feed and kids to raise and their monthly income is 200-300 usd w/o taxes. and they do just ok but watever they do they cant get more than this with hard honest work and nope they dont plan to cross oceans to get extra 500 usd for p2w crap. so pls dont pull this dirty moronic imperial 1st world leg again u look autist

edit - ffs
    +1
    Ikr , its funny how they act like world only consists of NA and other first world countries :p
  • So, the "Oblit" will be the last VM gear set b4 this big revamp? Or what? Bc the last mid tier listed was Misery.
    Or am I missing something?
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    The P2W that peoples complain will stay P2W no matter how much any game company changes the way things are done.
    or 'game company' could
    1. sell untradable cosmetics/mounts/pets etc that doesnt have any stats/buffs etc but only minor qol features in cshop
    2. make bis gear untradable with mats needed to create it tradable ofc
    3. remove real money gambling from cshop
    4. remove elite/patron/founder stuff that gives more than simple qol features such as mount with 10% more speed etc
    and be fine with honestly earned good reputation?

actually if what I am seeing is right, point 2 will actually happen. With gear evolving a thing, Liberating becomes a weird topic.

The rest will obviously fall flat
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    But hey intead of crying about EMP buyers; go get a work; work a week and get like 800usd.
    Not that hard anyways.
    always lmao at such types of comments. fyi there r countries in the world out there where adults got full time job, families to feed and kids to raise and their monthly income is 200-300 usd w/o taxes. and they do just ok but watever they do they cant get more than this with hard honest work and nope they dont plan to cross oceans to get extra 500 usd for p2w crap. so pls dont pull this dirty moronic imperial 1st world leg again u look autist

edit - ffs
    +1
    Ikr , its funny how they act like world only consists of NA and other first world countries :p

That might have something to do with this being NA Tera and not World Tera.
  • I don't see what the problem is with the current system. I mean, I don't mind being a +12 kinda guy because isn't +15 mainly about the prestige? Other than your weapon that gets a +1/2/3% damage boost, all other gear slots just get some relatively minor stats upgrade between +12 and +15 yeah?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajorThor wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is with the current system. I mean, I don't mind being a +12 kinda guy because isn't +15 mainly about the prestige? Other than your weapon that gets a +1/2/3% damage boost, all other gear slots just get some relatively minor stats upgrade between +12 and +15 yeah?

Yes, it's just extra defence. It's always nice to have, but it is optional.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    this is basically what people like chaos.glint, palomina and the other people who wanted talisman on the vhnm, tsnm and the bg jackpots wanted. bis gear with little to no effort

I don't know whether you are just being ignorant or cannot comprehend what I was/am trying to say. I never wanted BiS gear with little to no effort but a feasible way obtain talismans. Talismans are required to make vm9 , they drop only in vshm , you don't find a vshm party unless you are +15 or skilled but nobody does learning runs and new/returning players don't start out with +15. Now please tell how the heck are newer and returning players supposed to obtain talismans? The way system works currently is, it requires you to be +15 already to be able to obtain +15 because none takes +12 dps/tanks for vshm parties and don't disagree with this because I have many guild mates,friends and people in general say the same in-game.

If I wanted BiS gear with little to no effort I would have complained about badges and banners too, but did I do that? I can actually find a vsnm party and therefore I am ready to farm it over and over to get the badges. I cannot say the same for vshm. I feel like they should have made it so that vsnm can drop either 1 badge or 1 talisman instead of 1 badge only. EME can conduct absolutely 0 vm mat giveaway events this way and I won't complain.

there is a viable way, vshm, make your own runs, vshm isnt that much different, if you arent good at vsnm people wont include you in vshm runs.if they added it in vsnm no one would run vshm as they would just span vsnm and make vshm irrelevant. yes by this you wanted vm9 with little to no effort as the only dungeon that you need to put forward any sort of effort to run is vshm.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »

I said multiple times that I don't live in NA. It seems a bit funny how @Rapunzzel ignored that part but remembered me wanting BiS gears with no efforts , isn't it? It has everything to do with him/her being ignorant , that is all.

• PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    MajorThor wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is with the current system. I mean, I don't mind being a +12 kinda guy because isn't +15 mainly about the prestige? Other than your weapon that gets a +1/2/3% damage boost, all other gear slots just get some relatively minor stats upgrade between +12 and +15 yeah?

+15 weapon is actually a big dps boost over +12 , why do you think people make '+15 only lfgs?' It is not just +1/2/3% damage boost but an extra rerollable line as well as bigger base attack modifier.

+15 armor also is not just 'extra defense' but an indirect boost to your dps because you can facetank more hits with +15 armor which otherwise would kill you and continue doing dps. If you are serious about doing end-game pve content, +15 isn't just prestige, it is more like a necessity.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    If you are serious about doing end-game pve content, +15 isn't just prestige, it is more like a necessity.
    or u can be serious about dancing in bikini on top of a cliff. i told u. just buy bikini for yr castanic gurl. pity this silly game doesnt have day/night cycle or it couldve been valkirielunar dancer dances under da moon in bikini. can u imagine?

LOL :p
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Not that hard anyways.

edit - ffs
    +1

NA = North America = Canada, US, Mexico.

Do you know how you fail in your own comment.

In Mexico are families that try to live even with less than 200 dollars per month.

Your post just made kubitoid and palomina post have more sense.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    If your family has less than 200 dollars per month can you even afford to have internet at home?
This discussion has been closed.