EME Gave a Youtuber free level 65 and Max Gear.

2»

Comments

• now that you are back @spacecats, hopefully we will gets posts again for the Friday streams with the link in it and the brief description. we didn't have it while you were out...no posts or anything.

Of course! I've got fun stuff planned this Friday. Please remember to stay on topic, though. We can talk about the stream later ;D
  • PumpeddPumpedd ✭✭✭
    MiskuChan wrote: »
    . He commented about how difficult gunners were to play and how levelling up was slow because the dps was low.

????????????? Difficult to press a button?
  • LynnettaLynnetta ✭✭
    After the youtube video maker "TheLazyPeon" gave Tera a negative review, Peon stated that EME gave him a free level 65 account with full 15+ gear so that he could experience the full content of the game in order to change his negative review to a positive one.

I would like max gear so that I can experience all game content too, please.

I enjoy watching other people trying out TERA and had a lots of laughs watching Cox and Crendor in their vids. Who cares about paid promotions? If you want it that badly then just start a channel on youtube and start doing game reviews or let's plays. Maybe then you can be invited/gifted to try out or show off something new. However, if you already play TERA then you should probably already have a level 65 character and spending some time and energy can net you that +15 gear you want.

I remember a few other people on youtube getting free mounts to give away to anyone that joined their guild and had some guild battle pvp thing going on... looked like fun, but I had a great guild I was in at the time (although I was playing on EU) and I'm not upset that I missed out. We get a lot of nice things from EnMasse minus the lag. I hope we get another facebook event or something that has a free costume box since that was a nice surprise.

I watched Peon's vids before and never saw or heard him mention anything about being given free stuff, but if he did, then good for him. I hope he makes another video and gives TERA another chance. He should try the game out again and maybe listen to some of the comments this time around. He seemed to enjoy the game at first, but I agree that some things do get monotonous and I've stepped away from time to time if I found it too boring and repetitive.

Recently I've been watching Eneija, Kohdwing, Price, and Caglee play on Celestial Hills. They are playing and having fun without any free handouts (unless you count their fans sending some gifts here and there). Although I might find it a bit boring as of late, happens eventually... I was reminded recently how my first time in Tera was an amazing time and how much I enjoyed sharing special moments with my friends. Watching them play brought back exactly how I felt my first time playing Tera and I am glad that people are still finding Tera and enjoying it as much as I once did and hopefully will again one day. Hoping the console release will do that for me. =)

Each time I feel like I am about to quit TERA... well not quit, but at least give it a rest for awhile, watching others on youtube playing TERA... sparks something in me and makes me want to get back in and play again. So, why not give them something for advertising/promoting a game and potentially drawing in new players or having older players return?

After rambling on I just want to say, who cares and get over it. o:)
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    edited July 8
    Well peon isnt really one of the best youtubers to actually review an MMO, he based things on what he sees at the moment, He lacks research and an in dept analysis of every MMO is played, He gets salty on small things that arent even worth getting salty to because he was doing it wrong the whole time. In most of his vids gets angry at MMO's that dont spoon feed him to what he needs to do next, Basically he wants MMO's to serve him everything on a silver platter.
  • Uptown wrote: »
    It wasn't in a Tera video and he didn't show the gear. Peon mentioned it during a different game review, I don't recall which as I watched it several months ago.

Edit: It could have been a live stream, too. He 100% said it, though.

He was given a full capped gear on Blade and Soul if I remember correctly
  • RKC wrote: »
    Well peon isnt really one of the best youtubers to actually review an MMO, he based things on what he sees at the moment, He lacks research and an in dept analysis of every MMO is played, He gets salty on small things that arent even worth getting salty to because he was doing it wrong the whole time. In most of his vids gets angry at MMO's that dont spoon feed him to what he needs to do next, Basically he wants MMO's to serve him everything on a silver platter.

That is one of the reasons why he is a really good person to give reviews actually imo. He doesn't get swayed by public opinion or popular beliefs in games but instead plays it and says what he sees. If he is doing it wrong that means the game has not explained how to do it right, that's just how it is. "Researching" on how to do stuff is one of the things that western players take for granted, take for example Ktera players have to figure the mechanics out by themselves. I get your point that he has to do it right to experience the game's full potential, but then again, not all players research and read up before they play, some if not all casual players just jump into the game and just play.
2»