New player council members?

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me and @Dhrizzit should be the leaders :winky:
  • edited July 7
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Something generally not understood is the purpose of the Player Council isn't to really to just forward feedback. Either member that volunteer to do so could help with organizing community events and the like and have requests for rewards brought to Spacecats and a proper way rather than having a bunch of people spam him and get no attention. Other things that are done are other forms of organization such as bug reports (which unfortunately I fell behind on due to being very sick), reporting issues that are prevents players from playing that can't be detected, such as Dreamstorm needing to be disabled, and a few other things.

Although the focus being mostly on feedback and needing to "fix" things is due to failure on multiple fronts. It was never really explained as a focus point, and neither of us really openly showed us doing much of anything beyond event and game feedback. The other issue is we don't really have roles and are 'general purpose' with only our experiences and who we associate with being our specifics. Generally, misunderstandings all around.

Hopefully with additional members it can improve, as there's not many of us due to most of the firs group being largely inactive since the beginning.

I think that misunderstanding has continued well into the application process (even after my description in the sign-up thread). Gathering player feedback and sending it to us is fine, and we do appreciate getting a heads up on a lot of stuff from council members, but we already have these forums, chat channels, and a half dozen other places to get feedback.

A lot of responses to the "Why are you interested in joining the council?" question (which to me was one of the most important questions) boiled down to "I'm an experienced player and I have the best ideas for how to improve TERA." Which, aside from not really telling us much about yourself, is also the wrong way to approach the idea of the council. If you have great ideas for TERA and all your fellow guildies or whatever agree with you, but you haven't posted it in the forum or presented it to EME in any way, why would becoming a Player Council member suddenly change things? Just tell us your ideas already!

Everybody who plays TERA has ideas on how to improve it. Player Council members are just volunteers. They aren't paid for, responsible for, or have any way of implementing actual game client or server changes, bug fixes, new features, or anything like that. Even we at En Masse ultimately need Bluehole to make those kinds of changes. That's why Player Council is more about promoting community excellence / cool player activity, and less about addressing game issues.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    StarSprite wrote: »
    imo council member to be T10 tera reward rank is a must
    If that's the case I'm gonna need a sponsor. :anguished:
    u r already part of the clan u dont need a sponsor )

edit - id vote for counterpoint and also zoknahal. nice dudes

I appreciate the thought. However, i am not part of the Player Council, and i did not submitted an application for it this time around. That however does not stop me from keep doing what i do.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I think that misunderstanding has continued well into the application process (even after my description in the sign-up thread).

That's probably because other games have had similar programs with much better defined duties that went beyond "we organise bug reports and stuff". Your description was beyond vague, to the point nobody outside the council can say for certain what they do or what they should be doing.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    I think that misunderstanding has continued well into the application process (even after my description in the sign-up thread).

That's probably because other games have had similar programs with much better defined duties that went beyond "we organise bug reports and stuff". Your description was beyond vague, to the point nobody outside the council can say for certain what they do or what they should be doing.

I don't think it's vague. I think it's just not what you want Player Council members to do. They're not scapegoats for when things go wrong, and they're not responsible for providing reports on community feedback. We already have ways of getting player feedback, so tasking a council with that is pointless.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »

I don't think it's vague. I think it's just not what you want Player Council members to do. They're not scapegoats for when things go wrong, and they're not responsible for providing reports on community feedback. We already have ways of getting player feedback, so tasking a council with that is pointless.

That is...so not what I want Player Council to be, it's not even funny. But let's go over your not-vague explanation:
    Player Council members will act as point of contacts and subject matter experts for the benefit of both the En Masse team and the benefit of other players.

But they don't provide feedback prior to or even after events nor are they asked about their "expert opinions".
    Their primary task is to encourage positive activities within the community and help shine a spotlight on positive player behavior and events.

Shine what spotlight? What does this even mean?!
    They'll also help En Masse plan updates and events by gathering and organizing feedback and ideas from their fellow players.

Yet, they don't provide feedback.
    TERA is a large game, and their collective knowledge of quests, mechanics, economy and other aspects of the game will help the TERA team with context when needed.

When was that needed exactly? Every time you could've used their knowledge, they came out to say "well, nobody asked us".
    They'll be extra pairs of eyes and ears for the TERA Community Team, coordinating with EME and each other in private Player Council forums and chat.

Still not providing reports on player feedback, huh.
    Player Council members have some minor forum privileges to help other players keep threads tidy and well formatted, but they aren't forum moderators and may not remove content or warn/suspend/ban other forum members.

They can moderate the forum but not really.

I guess it sounds great to you because you actually know what it's about. This is what I'm reading. (I think I found the right post, google seems a bit confused on what the top result should be).
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8
    When I think of the player council, I see a group of players with all kinds of perspectives and personalities. This kind of minority doesn't just help shed light on the voices of the majority, but to also be able to create vibrant environments full of unique ideas, allowing players to build user-created events (and content) for the TERA community. I believe that being able to work as a community instead of a separate minority would help improve TERA's environment, and create a virtual world that you can feel welcome in. Over all of the debates and mixed feelings we've had over the years, I'm still very positive for this kind of change in communication... for everyone. I feel that if we work together as a team, we will be able to become a true powerhouse in the long run of TERA's lifespan. I wish the best of luck for the players who requested this role, no matter what reason it may have been.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I won't be answered but, Would you mind to tell us where do you get these feedback? From forums? From Reedit? From Twitter? From tickets support? From PM? From threatening letters delivered with a suspicious package to your office? :3
  • NoctivNoctiv ✭✭

Related to vagueness, I'm genuinely curious what your ways are for getting player feedback are. In my experience I guess there are the forums which are an unorganized means, there are player ticket support feedback surveys which only server for specifically support information, and player council members have mentioned relaying certain player feedback.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Maybe I won't be answered but, Would you mind to tell us where do you get these feedback? From forums? From Reedit? From Twitter? From tickets support? From PM? From threatening letters delivered with a suspicious package to your office? :3

Ah... all of the above, I guess? We haven't gotten a suspicious package in a while :pleased:

Player Council does collect feedback for us, it's just not considered their primary role. We chat with them privately and sometimes ask them for insight on things when we're planning an event, so naturally they give advice that they've heard from around the community. It's why we picked knowledgeable players from different walks of TERA life. Mostly, though, we look at these forums, /r/TERAOnline, the public Player Council discord, private messages, and even in-game chat.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats , could you guys pm, email, the ones that isn't considered so that they know if they were selected or not?
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats , could you guys pm, email, the ones that isn't considered so that they know if they were selected or not?
    A couple of people messaged me saying they received an email. I'd say if you haven't heard anything after the weekend then you were probably not considered this time around.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭

No offense but counterpoint is the not qualified imo to be representing any end game player or game play.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jenieve wrote: »

No offense but counterpoint is the not qualified imo to be representing any end game player or game play.

what make you players qualified? The amount of threads you people making and wanting more easy stuff when we are the only region that have everything easy already make you players qualified?

Counterpoint is one of the few forum members that consider each player's aspect when replies, he keeps his calm and barely insult anyone, while many players, the moment you say something they don't like they start the insult. Also stop the end game crap or end game play, you people think you are the only one running stuff and no one else does?
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    Player Council members are just volunteers. They aren't paid for, responsible for, or have any way of implementing actual game client or server changes, bug fixes, new features, or anything like that. Even we at En Masse ultimately need Bluehole to make those kinds of changes. That's why Player Council is more about promoting community excellence / cool player activity, and less about addressing game issues.
    i still stand for my pov that councils MUST have T10 tera rewards rank