[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

small idea about CU:Velika revamp.

As we all know, CU:Velika in most servers are already dead and became a farm land for a few big guilds.

The fundamental of CU requires lots of players(guilds) participation. But in realistic, there is no way for medium or small guilds to compete with other huge guilds and/or alliance. So the majority of the players(guilds) have stopped taking care of CU:V.

One possible solution for this issue is to make CU:V as a tournament.

1. Every guild can apply for CU:V and can bring maximum 30members for each battle.
- Big guilds still have some advantage to bring good and geared members.
- Guilds with less than 5 participating members will be automatically withdrawn by System at the beginning of CU:V.

2. The battle contains 2 guilds(TOURNAMENT!!) on each side and lasts for 10min preparation + 20min, and the goal is to break opponent's guild tower. If both tower are not destroyed at the end, winner will be decided by kill/death + remaining tower HP. If they are all same, the team with less members will win.

3. At the end of CU:V, rank 1-5 will get the reward accordingly: Tax and the items like the loot from BAM. rank 6 and others will get a small reward.

4. If there are total of 20 teams;
- After round 1 : 10 teams left - 30min
- After round 2 : 5 teams left - 1hr
>> NO win by default to save time. The team with lowest score (remaining tower HP / Kill / Death) will get the lowest rank in case there are odd number of teams left.
- After round 3 : 2 teams left - 1hr 30min
- After round 4 : winner - 2hrs

>> it takes about 2hrs (like the current CU) when there are about 20-25 teams particapating. TBH, I do not think there will be more than 30 guilds actually participating.

I guess this is one of the possible solution to prevent secret alliance / feeding and to make CU a bit more fun.

Comments

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    The only thing "needed" is for people to stop complaining about "big guilds". Guilds are maxed out at 100 players or 120 if you include the guild perks.

The population may be small but there is way more than enough people to guild up and go fight if they wanted too.

Do they want too? [filtered] no. or they would already be doing so.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    The only thing "needed" is for people to stop complaining about "big guilds". Guilds are maxed out at 100 players or 120 if you include the guild perks.

The population may be small but there is way more than enough people to guild up and go fight if they wanted too.

I somewhat agree with you. Even if TERA now doesn't have enough players to participate a massive war, players can still gather people to compete. My basic idea is to make CU as a tournament because;

1) An alliance with a few big guild can literally control CU
    2) There was a grey out issue that you cannot hit the grey'ed enemy when there were 300+ players at the same spot.

Of course I agree with that big guild must have a benefit (with numbers or w/e), but I also think there must be a chance for small / medium guild to participate for their own way (like rank 4-5). TERA could set the tier of their match to limit the maximum number of participation (like T1 : unlimited / T2 : 50 / T3 : 30) and give the reward according to their tier and rank.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭

It is not just about the numbers. The people in big guilds are usually the ones who are skilled in their class and game. They also tend to have BiS gears. Add to this the communication , strategy and pre-planning that they usually do , its very difficult to beat them even if you manage to outnumber them.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I will say this:

1) CU has absolutely no incentive if you lose. Back in alliance, even if you are last place the three way alliance you get 2k gold for participating and a maximum of 80k if you are exarch of the winning alliance.

2) Alliance is restricted to 100 players iirc (or was it 80? I can't remember it was so distant from now) aka the 100 most active players in terms of gaining points. CU has no limit except on the guild cap of 100. This doesn't just make it laggier if people actually compete unlike now where it is literally a BAM farming fest, it also means that any guild who can't make 100 dedicated players or even 80 is going to lose really hard.

3) The only real unbalanced thing about Alliance so far I think is the Commander buffs. Sure all alliances get them, but the bonuses are really too much. For CU? There are no buffs but there are multiple guild skills out there to use to bolster offense and defence, all of which use guild funds, which are pretty much given back to the winning team while the rest of the guilds are forced back in terms of funds.

4) Communication in big guilds is balanced. That and the lack of actual experience and/or gear are the main reasons why weaker guilds can never win. In short, it is just the NA region in general who doesn't really have enough PvP players (only about 3% of the entire population pvps seriously at best) to keep the CU scene alive.

5) The alliance system fits NA more in this current day and age, even with its flaws. CU should have been done at the original launch where it had a small chance to shine, but now it is just way too late.
  • My suggestion for improving CU is simple - remove the rally BAMs from it.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »

It is not just about the numbers. The people in big guilds are usually the ones who are skilled in their class and game. They also tend to have BiS gears. Add to this the communication , strategy and pre-planning that they usually do , its very difficult to beat them even if you manage to outnumber them.

Honestly that's how things should work...
  • gunnerysgt1gunnerysgt1 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Uh, I "participated" (i.e. was all alone getting absolutely slaughtered trying to damage some towers) in CU and got a couple of superior etching boxes. Do they not give anything anymore to losers?

It ended fast, so it's was ok as participation incentive.

Alliance with new rewards would've been way, way, way better.