Ideas for improving alchemy

edited July 10 in General Discussion
Basically what it says in the title. I liked being able to create HP and MP potions and other nostrums. Right now, trying to do alchemy feels pointless. Especially since the only potions you can create are sold in every single level 65 dungeon.

You basically can't make any money from Alchemy, because unless you get really lucky with crits, and gather all the materials yourself, you cannot make more than 20 silver per potion.

What I think would work is
A) Adding back recipes for HP and MP Potables, and other Nostrums
B) Making sure that some of/all the Potables/Nostrums you make aren't available from any merchant in the game, and can only be acquired from crafting
C) Halving the price of the alchemy kits, so that even if they are, you can actually turn a profit from selling the things in the trade broker

Comments

• Id argue to bring back/add some things

like eclipse pots for when you know you are running with a tank that cant keep your aggro

tradeable longer effect blue nocs. (like say you take a 10min blue noc and some other mats and you make a tradeable 30 minute one)

the savage power draught that EU has for example.

this would make alchemy useful for minmaxing and would make a profit off of those who like to min max.

alchemy kits arent even that big of an issue theres just nothing of worth to make when it comes to alchemy and we would need things to offset that kit price to make a profit via the TB
  • Id argue to bring back/add some things

like eclipse pots for when you know you are running with a tank that cant keep your aggro

tradeable longer effect blue nocs. (like say you take a 10min blue noc and some other mats and you make a tradeable 30 minute one)

the savage power draught that EU has for example.

this would make alchemy useful for minmaxing and would make a profit off of those who like to min max.

alchemy kits arent even that big of an issue theres just nothing of worth to make when it comes to alchemy and we would need things to offset that kit price to make a profit via the TB

eclipse potion is no magic pill, if the tank cant be hold agroo when ice strom hits, eclipse dont do anyting,
    uncomond nocteriums get from 10 m to 15 m efect.

savage power draug is p2w tera eu system ( and least if you can craft maybe you need 100 kaelics sparks per potion hehuehuehue)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭
    i just ask i can use the hundreds or thousands potions i crafted
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »

Merchant 'em up, can't you? If I recall they gave some nice money.

Tho back on alchemy, I would say ALL crafting needs a revamp.
    Removing Battle Solutions from merchant for example would be super dumb, but making a craftable upgraded version (be it time, death unaffected, or higher bonus) would be great. Same with HP and MP potions.
    Armor and weapon crafting tho sounds pretty hard to "make great again", as it would be quite a set back to remove them from drop tables, and top tier gear crafting is already a thing, tho very easy and hard to get/expensive materials. Not much to change here. This one I really would find interesting to hear ideas on people.
  • Mod edit - Removed political reference from title.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Mod edit - Removed political reference from title.

Thanks for that more than a year old meme removal
    Jeez guys let that meme die at once
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »

Merchant 'em up, can't you? If I recall they gave some nice money.

i didnt alchemy for money, i did alchemy to use what i gather and craft, it is what tera sold to me, gather and craft and use it when i joined tera and at this time we didnt have this [filtered] of production point and etching
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    i just want alchemy to be somewat profitable a little to get few funny costumes off paying customers for my pretty 3d ladies
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭
    While it would be nice for crafting to be improved...i can see BHS completely removing it entirely before improving it and most people probably wouldn't notice (except etchers maybe)