Opinion : Item distribution in NA TERA

I've got a mention somewhere and wanted to say this- my personal opinion on this (which i barely read any comments on) is that the community in NA TERA is quite different from other regions; the closest would be EU TERA but i haven't played there myself so i can't compare the two. the mindset is the key here- NA TERA seems to be split between those who can grind, and those who won't. so from what i see, in order for EME satisfy both parties, they kind of have to tend towards the people who can't grind. thus having distributed a lot more goods than other regions.

The second thing is that NA TERA is probably the only region that is not pay-to-win; even K TERA has Enchantment Boxes sold via EMP equivalent. there is a lot of feature including TERA Rewards System, Enchantment Bonanza Boxes, and Masterwork Alkahest Boxes that make NA TERA such an exclusive system where you barely have to pay any real money to get items such as Semi-Enigmatic Scrolls, Master Enigmatic Scrolls, Masterwork Alkahest. for example, the reason you see MES in battleground boxes is that K TERA does not really provide them in any other way (hence the high 1 MES : 50 Token of Change ratio that will happen later in the future). from Kyra's Potion Shack to Mongos, the goods already distributed is an insane amount (for those who participated).

But the problem i think is that EME probably underestimated the portion of the population that are actually willing to grind- i've seen countless players who have multiple accounts (and yes, multiple) and grind them all at once. for example during Rootstock Festival there was one guy farming 6 accounts (at once) for Lamb Bulgogi, and getting a total of something around 80+ Lamb Bulgogi per day. another instance is having 3 accounts to queue for Corsair's Stronghold and if the accounts get matched on different teams, you're pretty much guaranteed to win. if you remember Alliance Vault, farming over 2k Noctenium Infusion per day was cakewalk.

And overall, the NA TERA community has gotten very used to this spoonfeeding and can no longer tolerate something less than their high standard for well overly distributed mats, hence the high demand for better loot in the new raid coming out (though i do think the amount of Superior Etching Boxes dropped is disappointing). and EME can't really do anything about it: you can't give something and then take it back- think in terms of food maybe that will be easier to emphasize with. my personal hope is that when the systemic change comes later on, EME will hopefully have a better plan to distribute in-game goods without having to tarnish the economy bottom-up because i think that's the only window our community has for EME to make a difference.

@Spacecats @Denommenator @seandynamite please think of the type of items already distributed in our community : while it may be just one case, please note that from the amount of items i have now, when i dismantle them all later in the future when the systemic change happening in K TERA on July 13th comes, i will have over 2 million tokens. the conversion rate is catered towards K TERA community and their economy, and it might be wise to perhaps alter the conversion rate on some items that are overall abundant relative to K TERA (eg. SES).

And i'm off to play K TERA- cheers o/

Comments

  • SAIXUNOSAIXUNO ✭✭✭
    tl;dr


    too short
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    And overall, the NA TERA community has gotten very used to this spoonfeeding and can no longer tolerate something less than their high standard for well overly distributed mats, hence the high demand for better loot in the new raid coming out (though i do think the amount of Superior Etching Boxes dropped is disappointing).

    If you think the amount of etching boxes(aka, the main issue with the loot) is disappointing, does that mean you are also used to the spoonfeeding and have a high standard for loot? You see, when the hardest content in the game is also the least rewarding, some people would call that a problem with the loot distribution and not a problem with community expectations.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭
    .
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    And overall, the NA TERA community has gotten very used to this spoonfeeding and can no longer tolerate something less than their high standard for well overly distributed mats, hence the high demand for better loot in the new raid coming out (though i do think the amount of Superior Etching Boxes dropped is disappointing).

    If you think the amount of etching boxes(aka, the main issue with the loot) is disappointing, does that mean you are also used to the spoonfeeding and have a high standard for loot? You see, when the hardest content in the game is also the least rewarding, some people would call that a problem with the loot distribution and not a problem with community expectations.

    Diferent thing is he said "I think" and not state that as a whole truth as you claim on another things.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    And overall, the NA TERA community has gotten very used to this spoonfeeding and can no longer tolerate something less than their high standard for well overly distributed mats, hence the high demand for better loot in the new raid coming out (though i do think the amount of Superior Etching Boxes dropped is disappointing).

    If you think the amount of etching boxes(aka, the main issue with the loot) is disappointing, does that mean you are also used to the spoonfeeding and have a high standard for loot? You see, when the hardest content in the game is also the least rewarding, some people would call that a problem with the loot distribution and not a problem with community expectations.

    While KTERA did also complain about the drops being not as good as before for like a week or so, they still grind that dungeon like there's no tomorrow because it's still most profitable for them. They literally just had 15-alt raid run last week as well.

    So in a sense, we're so used to spoonfeeding (literally have double drop of anything on vanguard), the drops don't seem much of a value as you can pretty much farm more efficiently in similar time given. You can look at KTERA's reaction to what JasonTERA (I think it was?) posted on Inven, listing all the different things we have in terms of content and events. KTERA went on a riot saying we have it so easy, they pretty much demanded similar treatment knowing that BHS/NEXON won't really look into doing such thing.

    But at least after those posts, NEXON did throw some more events, whether it was coincidence or not.

    For KTERA, they're pretty much glad to see that things "really do drop for free in-game despite having low RNG" because most of their cash shop stuff is beyond chaotic. As long as it's obtainable in-game without opening their wallet, they'd do anything to grind and farm.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    And overall, the NA TERA community has gotten very used to this spoonfeeding and can no longer tolerate something less than their high standard for well overly distributed mats, hence the high demand for better loot in the new raid coming out (though i do think the amount of Superior Etching Boxes dropped is disappointing).

    If you think the amount of etching boxes(aka, the main issue with the loot) is disappointing, does that mean you are also used to the spoonfeeding and have a high standard for loot? You see, when the hardest content in the game is also the least rewarding, some people would call that a problem with the loot distribution and not a problem with community expectations.

    While KTERA did also complain about the drops being not as good as before for like a week or so, they still grind that dungeon like there's no tomorrow because it's still most profitable for them. They literally just had 15-alt raid run last week as well.

    So in a sense, we're so used to spoonfeeding (literally have double drop of anything on vanguard), the drops don't seem much of a value as you can pretty much farm more efficiently in similar time given. You can look at KTERA's reaction to what JasonTERA (I think it was?) posted on Inven, listing all the different things we have in terms of content and events. KTERA went on a riot saying we have it so easy, they pretty much demanded similar treatment knowing that BHS/NEXON won't really look into doing such thing.

    But at least after those posts, NEXON did throw some more events, whether it was coincidence or not.

    For KTERA, they're pretty much glad to see that things "really do drop for free in-game despite having low RNG" because most of their cash shop stuff is beyond chaotic. As long as it's obtainable in-game without opening their wallet, they'd do anything to grind and farm.

    But nobody is comparing it to event. I can show you stats on running any content currently in the game, without any events(even removing the double VG) and HH20, considering the time, effort and gear required, still ends up towards the bottom of the list. You said yourself even Koreans weren't too excited about the drops, they simply have no other choice. As far as I know, the differences go beyond events to the point where it's a completely different gameplay. I wouldn't say our version is "spoonfeeding" as much as I'd say their version is borderline "p2w". You think tera NA would survive with KTera or even EU Tera's conditions?
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

    Diferent thing is he said "I think" and not state that as a whole truth as you claim on another things.

    You really like me, don't you?
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I wouldn't say our version is "spoonfeeding" as much as I'd say their version is borderline "p2w". You think tera NA would survive with KTera or even EU Tera's conditions?

    ^This. Ktera sounds very p2w tbh. I know its me saying this but I feel that NA is fine right now. It doesn't need to be made more difficult or easier. Making progression more difficult will only kill the game.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I wouldn't say our version is "spoonfeeding" as much as I'd say their version is borderline "p2w". You think tera NA would survive with KTera or even EU Tera's conditions?

    ^This. Ktera sounds very p2w tbh. I know its me saying this but I feel that NA is fine right now. It doesn't need to be made more difficult or easier. Making progression more difficult will only kill the game.

    Progression was more difficult and the game was flourising.

    getting your gear up to plus nine was a journey. +9 and MW was then the +12 and was all you needed. +12 was something you could do as a side quest to get your output to even better lengths. And people were fine with that for years. Even after FoA (for a way shorter period though) ambit* +9 MW was the highest acceptable. anything after that was a welcome bonus.

    Point is, anything you put in the game people will want asap and will become the new norm. Availability is what makes things broken or not. Now everyone has access to +15 easy. so it is the norm. Make it way harder to get NOT by inserting more rng, but by making the mats harder to get. the actual mats for the gear though. not feedstock and mwa and mes because these are things that are used by a wide spectrum of players.

    Now, of course this isn't applicable any more. You ve given them the lollipop straight in the mouth. You can't take it back. And that's where the new gearing process overhaul comes. It just removes this mistake and hopefully it will make things better.


    *(i think it was ambit. i may be wrong. and we were running RG and BR for the discovery weapons that were like 5-6 in the whole server. this being like the whole server had guile and only 5-6 people had misery +12. Cool times.)
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seikilos wrote: »
    Progression was more difficult and the game was flourising.

    It flourished so much, it went f2p within a year.
    getting your gear up to plus nine was a journey. +9 and MW was then the +12 and was all you needed. +12 was something you could do as a side quest to get your output to even better lengths. And people were fine with that for years. Even after FoA (for a way shorter period though) ambit* +9 MW was the highest acceptable. anything after that was a welcome bonus.

    Oh, yes, the journey of grinding mobs in Three Towers to buy MWA from the NPC, so good.
    Point is, anything you put in the game people will want asap and will become the new norm. Availability is what makes things broken or not. Now everyone has access to +15 easy. so it is the norm. Make it way harder to get NOT by inserting more rng, but by making the mats harder to get. the actual mats for the gear though. not feedstock and mwa and mes because these are things that are used by a wide spectrum of players.

    Now, of course this isn't applicable any more. You ve given them the lollipop straight in the mouth. You can't take it back. And that's where the new gearing process overhaul comes. It just removes this mistake and hopefully it will make things better.

    I'm not sure what you are arguing exactly. In 1 paragraph you say that having mwa and stuff available is a good thing then, in the very next paragraph, go on to say it's a bad thing and they can't take it back. Because, guess what, the, oh, so hard EU Tera has VM mats and stuff dropping in GG while a Felicity pet is 200k and you can't buy Elite in game, real cash only.
    *(i think it was ambit. i may be wrong. and we were running RG and BR for the discovery weapons that were like 5-6 in the whole server. this being like the whole server had guile and only 5-6 people had misery +12. Cool times.)

    It was also just a temporary state that did nothing more than try to force you to get an extra set for that 1 month. I, personally, did what I do now: Sat in my VM3 and waited. People weren't hanging around in Ambit because Discovery was too hard to get, they were hanging around in Ambit because discovery was basically not in the game. Kind of like saying "It's really cool now cause everyone is in VM9 and nobody is in VM9.5"(you could probably say it word for word for EU as I'd expect retools in GG in that, oh, so hard version of the game).
  • ShishaoShishao ✭✭
    edited July 11
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Seikilos wrote: »
    Progression was more difficult and the game was flourising.

    It flourished so much, it went f2p within a year.
    getting your gear up to plus nine was a journey. +9 and MW was then the +12 and was all you needed. +12 was something you could do as a side quest to get your output to even better lengths. And people were fine with that for years. Even after FoA (for a way shorter period though) ambit* +9 MW was the highest acceptable. anything after that was a welcome bonus.

    Oh, yes, the journey of grinding mobs in Three Towers to buy MWA from the NPC, so good.
    Point is, anything you put in the game people will want asap and will become the new norm. Availability is what makes things broken or not. Now everyone has access to +15 easy. so it is the norm. Make it way harder to get NOT by inserting more rng, but by making the mats harder to get. the actual mats for the gear though. not feedstock and mwa and mes because these are things that are used by a wide spectrum of players.

    Now, of course this isn't applicable any more. You ve given them the lollipop straight in the mouth. You can't take it back. And that's where the new gearing process overhaul comes. It just removes this mistake and hopefully it will make things better.

    I'm not sure what you are arguing exactly. In 1 paragraph you say that having mwa and stuff available is a good thing then, in the very next paragraph, go on to say it's a bad thing and they can't take it back. Because, guess what, the, oh, so hard EU Tera has VM mats and stuff dropping in GG while a Felicity pet is 200k and you can't buy Elite in game, real cash only.
    *(i think it was ambit. i may be wrong. and we were running RG and BR for the discovery weapons that were like 5-6 in the whole server. this being like the whole server had guile and only 5-6 people had misery +12. Cool times.)

    It was also just a temporary state that did nothing more than try to force you to get an extra set for that 1 month. I, personally, did what I do now: Sat in my VM3 and waited. People weren't hanging around in Ambit because Discovery was too hard to get, they were hanging around in Ambit because discovery was basically not in the game. Kind of like saying "It's really cool now cause everyone is in VM9 and nobody is in VM9.5"(you could probably say it word for word for EU as I'd expect retools in GG in that, oh, so hard version of the game).

    I think he meant talismans in VHN not enchanting mats. They can't take those back.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shishao wrote: »
    I think he meant talismans in VHN not enchanting mats. They can't take those back.

    But that absolutely is something they can never do again. Plus, none of the people complaining about HH20 loot were too fond of the VH NM event and some of us stood up against the TS NM version(to a somewhat good result, albeit a bit too late to fix things).
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, EME spoiled people too much. They can't change that, unless they Merge servers, we reach 3 servers for NA tera, then stop the massive hand out events, when those spoiled players left or dropped out, population stays solid and less toxicity and also better and stable economy can bring real MMO players to the game again.

    For now I noticed, real MMO players are not playing NA Tera much, because there is no actual hardcore grind that any other MMO got.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I wouldn't say our version is "spoonfeeding" as much as I'd say their version is borderline "p2w". You think tera NA would survive with KTera or even EU Tera's conditions?

    ^This. Ktera sounds very p2w tbh. I know its me saying this but I feel that NA is fine right now. It doesn't need to be made more difficult or easier. Making progression more difficult will only kill the game.

    When it was way harder than what we have now, we had more players, way more players, way more LFGs, so you are wrong about that.
  • DWDE6GFGWHDWDE6GFGWH ✭✭✭
    edited July 11
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Nope, EME spoiled people too much. They can't change that, unless they Merge servers, we reach 3 servers for NA tera, then stop the massive hand out events, when those spoiled players left or dropped out, population stays solid and less toxicity and also better and stable economy can bring real MMO players to the game again.

    For now I noticed, real MMO players are not playing NA Tera much, because there is no actual hardcore grind that any other MMO got.

    Yeno, I really hope you get banned from the forums. Your trolling is not even fun anymore at this point lmao.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Nope, EME spoiled people too much. They can't change that, unless they Merge servers, we reach 3 servers for NA tera, then stop the massive hand out events, when those spoiled players left or dropped out, population stays solid and less toxicity and also better and stable economy can bring real MMO players to the game again.

    For now I noticed, real MMO players are not playing NA Tera much, because there is no actual hardcore grind that any other MMO got.

    Yeno, I really hope you get banned from the forums. Your trolling is not even fun anymore at this point lmao.

    SO, you think if I get banned from forums, your VSH gets more rewarding and you can afk the patches sooner? :thinking:
  • This is done.
This discussion has been closed.