[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Lancer problem MP

I put this topic, because I have a problem with the MP of my lancer; When I start a boss to put enrange, adrenaline, brooch and guardian, in the next 4 seconds I run out of MP, the Priest regenerates me, but that is the beginning of Adrenaline, and finishing the adrenaline I have to use posions, why Since the power of the priest is on CD, and successively that happens to me, and the priest can not keep me MP, that I can do
Posted: I always use my basics attack why it is the only way to fill my MP apart from the positions
my gliph 0 aggro
mana_problem.png
essentialmana.com/glyph-calc/#
«1

Comments

  • shinta01shinta01
    edited July 2017
    This is normal.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Passwoord wrote: »
    I put this topic, because I have a problem with the MP of my lancer; When I start a boss to put enrange, adrenaline, brooch and guardian, in the next 4 seconds I run out of MP, the Priest regenerates me, but that is the beginning of Adrenaline, and finishing the adrenaline I have to use posions, why Since the power of the priest is on CD, and successively that happens to me, and the priest can not keep me MP, that I can do
    Posted: I always use my basics attack why it is the only way to fill my MP apart from the positions
    my gliph 0 aggro
    mana_problem.png
    essentialmana.com/glyph-calc/#

    lancer are very mana hungry ( im guess now more mana hungry instead sorcer)

    maybe you need craft focused diadem ( since efect activated with skills, dont mater if you are in combat or out side combat, the efect aplies same way )

    mana potions helps lancers but prime mana potion are crapy ( no like old superior mana potion restored more mana ) and im always forgot use huehuehuehuehue
  • GrimoirGrimoir ✭✭✭
    Are you using a prime battle solution? it provides MP regen aswel.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Performance Inner, cause with jewels and resizing kits we reach ideal crit factor ;) I can't run High end stuff tho, +250 ping with lancer is crap.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah dude that's completely normal and it sucks since more and more DPS classes don't even care about mana in the same way lancers do. I legit don't understand why we're such a mana hungry class and it never changes patch after patch, meanwhile even sorc was given mana reduction buffs on its spells during the last class adjustment. And the newer classes aren't mana hungry at all really. So many healers don't care about mana restoration because it's never been required of them for that reason. You're lucky you even had a priest who gave a [filtered]; 9 out of 10 will just spam focus heal while you're mana-thirsting. When I IMS on my lancer, I'll waste so much gold on mana pots that I'll barely even profit from the run unless I have a really good healer who gives a [filtered], then it's wonderful.
  • SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    Drop Lockdown Blow glyph and put it on either Spring Attack mana glyph or Shield Counter mana glyph. Lockdown Blow doesn't do enough damage so it's fine unglyphing that if you're having serious mana issues.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    Nowadays, lancer is the only class that can burn their mana quickly especially when healers never give them Mana (mana charge and Corruption ring).

    There are some issues that people have addressed, but we just can wish KTERA summer balancing will solve it.

    1) MP issue as the post mentioned. And lancer cannot even get "Glistening" crystal or effect(by Dyad).
    2) Wallop crit rate (at least in PVE)
    3) Onslaught glyph (speed) on Shield bash : Why do lancer need glyph to make a skill "usable". Other class's glyph mostly make skills better, but the onslaught one is to make is usable.
  • Spring Attack MP glyph helps tremendously. Toss in the first hit of Combo Attack when skills are on cooldown to regain a little mana, it adds up.

    For soloing and easier bosses you can drop the Infuriate cooldown time glyph and use Spring Attack MP, while keeping Lockdown Blow damage.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    Depending on the boss you can drop the Debilitate duration glyph for Spring Attack's MP glyph, which will help alleviate some mana issues, especially during Adrenaline Rush.

    Sadly, there's not really much a Lancer can do aside from hoping their circlet procs, using mana potables, nostrum and hoping your healers will keep your mana up.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Yeah dude that's completely normal and it sucks since more and more DPS classes don't even care about mana in the same way lancers do. I legit don't understand why we're such a mana hungry class and it never changes patch after patch, meanwhile even sorc was given mana reduction buffs on its spells during the last class adjustment. And the newer classes aren't mana hungry at all really. So many healers don't care about mana restoration because it's never been required of them for that reason. You're lucky you even had a priest who gave a [filtered]; 9 out of 10 will just spam focus heal while you're mana-thirsting. When I IMS on my lancer, I'll waste so much gold on mana pots that I'll barely even profit from the run unless I have a really good healer who gives a [filtered], then it's wonderful.

    Exactly this. Since I do simple stuff, I changed inner to performance, was using way too many pots. now I sell pots, and now imagine if something goes wrong in that run :neutral:
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    Yeah dude that's completely normal and it sucks since more and more DPS classes don't even care about mana in the same way lancers do. I legit don't understand why we're such a mana hungry class and it never changes patch after patch, meanwhile even sorc was given mana reduction buffs on its spells during the last class adjustment. And the newer classes aren't mana hungry at all really. So many healers don't care about mana restoration because it's never been required of them for that reason. You're lucky you even had a priest who gave a [filtered]; 9 out of 10 will just spam focus heal while you're mana-thirsting. When I IMS on my lancer, I'll waste so much gold on mana pots that I'll barely even profit from the run unless I have a really good healer who gives a [filtered], then it's wonderful.

    Exactly this. Since I do simple stuff, I changed inner to performance, was using way too many pots. now I sell pots, and now imagine if something goes wrong in that run :neutral:

    If you're using mana inners on a lancer you're doing something incredibly wrong.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tewii wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    Yeah dude that's completely normal and it sucks since more and more DPS classes don't even care about mana in the same way lancers do. I legit don't understand why we're such a mana hungry class and it never changes patch after patch, meanwhile even sorc was given mana reduction buffs on its spells during the last class adjustment. And the newer classes aren't mana hungry at all really. So many healers don't care about mana restoration because it's never been required of them for that reason. You're lucky you even had a priest who gave a [filtered]; 9 out of 10 will just spam focus heal while you're mana-thirsting. When I IMS on my lancer, I'll waste so much gold on mana pots that I'll barely even profit from the run unless I have a really good healer who gives a [filtered], then it's wonderful.

    Exactly this. Since I do simple stuff, I changed inner to performance, was using way too many pots. now I sell pots, and now imagine if something goes wrong in that run :neutral:

    If you're using mana inners on a lancer you're doing something incredibly wrong.

    nope, I don't run high end as mentioned cause my ping is way too high for tanking, specially lancer. Also with new jewels and resizing kit I reached ideal crit factor, but you are right, that is a loss of DPS tho.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tewii wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    Yeah dude that's completely normal and it sucks since more and more DPS classes don't even care about mana in the same way lancers do. I legit don't understand why we're such a mana hungry class and it never changes patch after patch, meanwhile even sorc was given mana reduction buffs on its spells during the last class adjustment. And the newer classes aren't mana hungry at all really. So many healers don't care about mana restoration because it's never been required of them for that reason. You're lucky you even had a priest who gave a [filtered]; 9 out of 10 will just spam focus heal while you're mana-thirsting. When I IMS on my lancer, I'll waste so much gold on mana pots that I'll barely even profit from the run unless I have a really good healer who gives a [filtered], then it's wonderful.

    Exactly this. Since I do simple stuff, I changed inner to performance, was using way too many pots. now I sell pots, and now imagine if something goes wrong in that run :neutral:

    If you're using mana inners on a lancer you're doing something incredibly wrong.

    I disagree. If anything, they're more like a last resort rather than a "well, [filtered] it" scenario. Like someone else already said, prime solutions, a diadem, and maybe one or two MP regen rolls on gear will set you straight (or until you learn better mana management). But until then, go ahead with the MP inners.

    Sure, damage output takes a hit, but you'll be trading that offense for utility (read: damage v skill upkeep).

    Clarification: That's "you" in a general sense. Not "you" specifically.
  • mollyyamollyya ✭✭✭
    glyph brilliant spring attack instead of empowered lockdown blow.
    The less mana cost on spring attack is extremely useful you will notice the difference when in ARush rotation.
    Lockdown's damage contribution is around 1~2% which is irrelevant to lancer DPS.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    As already mentioned above by a few, I agree that mp glyph for spring attack is a must. I have used it since, forever...and it's such a huge difference. I'd strongly recommend to use that since spring attack is roughly ~30-35 percent of lancer dps and most skill that it's frequently used. By having that glyph, you'll notice a huge difference in less mana consumption. Any other mp glyph is not recommended. During A rush, brooch and all that good stuff, just pop a mana potion. It's normal to see mana go down quickly during that stage. And lockdown blow is really not needed to be glyphed. If you're into end game, using mana innerwear is actually a waste. Diadem/Circlets can also help as well.
Sign In or Register to comment.