VSHM Event.

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    If you have two unskilled party members, are the rewards doubled?

No, I'm afraid not.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    Guys, sync queue with your friend's unskilled alt ez LOL :thinking:

i like how the news posts refers to people without skilled in VSHM as 'unskilled' LOL some casuals gon be triggered

but how many people you think are gonna be tryna sync queue like this? idk sounds like a mess just waiting to happen

wdym mess, it's a well thought-out event through and through from EME :^)

tbh i feel that will just make things interesting. While I like how EME is trying to help new players out with all the concerns about elitism, everyone and their statics can abuse this and enforce elitism even further (just syncqueue unskilled alts). Even if this worked out, carrying newbies also doesn't help because a ton of people getting carried for their skilled tag may not actually learn much if they're on the floor all the time, so when people can't even trust the 'skilled' tag anymore it'll segregate people further into their own cliques imho.
  • All and all, I honestly feel like it's a great idea, Just poor execution.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    Why anyone wants to do VSH now? Specially IMS, While Baraka gives you goodies for collecting Sloth's droppings O.o

PS: I think the spirit of this event is good, people make times to teach newer players, but if you want players to go through hell, at least reward them better.
  • FaunBaitFaunBait ✭✭
    Wow! This is a probably the greatest gearing event. It promotes Gearing, Partying, and getting noobies to enjoy the game. Goodjob @Denommenator
  • FaunBait wrote: »
    Wow! This is a probably the greatest gearing event. It promotes Gearing, Partying, and getting noobies to enjoy the game. Goodjob @Denommenator

yeee, pliss queque im need carry :awesome:
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    It just shows how EME knows nothing about VSH or IMS in general. VSH is something that needs preparation and proper gear, something rarely seen in IMS. The two are by no means compatible and no skilled player with half of respect for himself would ever que for it
  • I like the idea but it feels more suited to dungeons lower than VSH. Stuff you can complete with like 2 or maybe 3 unskilled players.

Also it wouldn't hurt to give something small to the unskilled players too, like personal alkahests or something.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭
    I think changing the dungeon(s) to BRHM & AIHM & VSNM would make this event very good! Those dungeons are complex enough that you'll wanna explain bosses and such to unskilled folk, plus said unskilled folk have a much higher chance being kept alive and therefore learning the actual dungeon rather than floormatting and before left because it's not like the solo healer in VSHM can afford to baby sit a single new person. It's just.... it's really unrealistic.

And not to beat a deadhorse but it's another one of those very transparent acts that makes it all too obvious that whoever in particular planned this event doesn't do high-end content (or maybe even play the game at all......)
  • you use more nocts than you get from this event
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    To add on, I think the other issue is you take 4 people who are skilled and the 5th person who joins (if from different server, can see when it shows the * on top of their head) how can you tell if they are skilled or rookie because you can't see their dungeon highlights since it will be blank. You also won't know if they are telling the truth or not when being asked if they are skilled or unskilled.

To also add on to blast from the past @Terraforming - while it's nice to bring this feature back, there were also issues with this event back in the days. I don't remember all of the issues but the old forum has a lot of threads out there. A lot of complaints from players led to the removal of this instance. One of the big issues if I remember was due to how there many level 65 players just rush the dungeon for rewards only, while leaving the low level players behind who were wanting to do the story quests, mobs, etc.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    feazeshero wrote: »
    To add on, I think the other issue is you take 4 people who are skilled and the 5th person who joins (if from different server, can see when it shows the * on top of their head) how can you tell if they are skilled or rookie. You also won't know if they are telling the truth or not.
    You will know straight away. If they have a green fairy, they're a rookie.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    feazeshero wrote: »
    To add on, I think the other issue is you take 4 people who are skilled and the 5th person who joins (if from different server, can see when it shows the * on top of their head) how can you tell if they are skilled or rookie. You also won't know if they are telling the truth or not.
    You will know straight away. If they have a green fairy, they're a rookie.

Ah I never knew that lol or thought that may have to do with ccb. Well good to know. It just shows that I haven't IM much in the past.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Why anyone wants to do VSH now? Specially IMS, While Baraka gives you goodies for collecting Sloth's droppings O.o

PS: I think the spirit of this event is good, people make times to teach newer players, but if you want players to go through [filtered], at least reward them better.

I can tell you, at least on MT, most people won't bother doing vshm learning runs. My own guildmates and friends rejected to teach me vshm when I was still learning it. The dungeon is literally aids, especially the second boss. There is no way 4 skilled players are gonna bother wasting their time carrying a real unskilled player for such crap rewards. I mean, you use more than 600 nocts on just one boss. At the most, skilled people will use their unskilled healer alt or something.

The event is surely in good spirit but like @PaulisAwesome said, this idea was good but the execution was poor.
  • Palomina wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »

PS: I think the spirit of this event is good, people make times to teach newer players, but if you want players to go through [filtered], at least reward them better.

I can tell you, at least on MT, most people won't bother doing vshm learning runs. My own guildmates and friends rejected to teach me vshm when I was still learning it. The dungeon is literally aids, especially the second boss. There is no way 4 skilled players are gonna bother wasting their time carrying a real unskilled player for such crap rewards. I mean, you use more than 600 nocts on just one boss. At the most, skilled people will use their unskilled healer alt or something.

The event is surely in good spirit but like @PaulisAwesome said, this idea was good but the execution was poor.

what other way is there to execute it eue