BEST joke of the day: VS HM Event

Seriously....99% of the skilled players don't even take UNSKILLED +15 vm 8 or better ppl to VS HM let alone asking them to carry a noob in IMS....

I laugh off my chair..*HUGS* EME

PLEASE make it VS NM Event

THANK YOU

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    It had really kind intentions, but yeah. If you expect people to carry folks in VSHM IMS, that reward's gonna need a massive readjustment.

Would be way better if it applied to lower tier dungeons as well. I already carry newbies in Velik's Hold, VSNM, BRHM, and AIHM on a regular basis anyway. Straight up spent like 3 hours teaching a group of complete newbies VSNM a while back and had one of them thank me afterwards in all caps for not kicking them and for showing them how to do Lakan. "YOU NUMBER ONE TEACHER GUY" he said. Felt rewarding as heck, man.

That said, even for someone like me who enjoys IMSing and teaching people dungeons, I'd never do that in IMS VSHM because unlike VSNM where you can carry an unskilled player through the first couple of fights, VSHM's Darkan is one long dps check with mechanics requiring at least 4/5 members of the group to be alive and understanding of their duties. I've seen groups wipe there for 10+ hours because even though it's easy once you know what you're doing, if even one guy screws up a lot it can be incredibly unforgiving for the rest of the team. Dakuryon is not too bad in that regard. And then you approach Lakan, another DPS race where a single person being out of the loop can wipe the entire team again and again endlessly. God help you if your rookie's a healer who can't stay alive to sleep him when he leaves soul world; you'll literally never clear.
  • You know, you don't have to run vshm.
    voidy wrote: »
    It had really kind intentions, but yeah. If you expect people to carry folks in VSHM IMS, that reward's gonna need a massive readjustment.

Would be way better if it applied to lower tier dungeons as well. I already carry newbies in Velik's Hold, VSNM, BRHM, and AIHM on a regular basis anyway. Straight up spent like 3 hours teaching a group of complete newbies VSNM a while back and had one of them thank me afterwards in all caps for not kicking them and for showing them how to do Lakan. "YOU NUMBER ONE TEACHER GUY" he said. Felt rewarding as heck, man.

That said, even for someone like me who enjoys IMSing and teaching people dungeons, I'd never do that in IMS VSHM because unlike VSNM where you can carry an unskilled player through the first couple of fights, VSHM's Darkan is one long dps check with mechanics requiring at least 4/5 members of the group to be alive and understanding of their duties. I've seen groups wipe there for 10+ hours because even though it's easy once you know what you're doing, if even one guy screws up a lot it can be incredibly unforgiving for the rest of the team. Dakuryon is not too bad in that regard. And then you approach Lakan, another DPS race where a single person being out of the loop can wipe the entire team again and again endlessly. God help you if your rookie's a healer who can't stay alive to sleep him when he leaves soul world; you'll literally never clear.

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    DiProSky wrote: »
    Seriously....99% of the skilled players don't even take UNSKILLED +15 vm 8 or better ppl to VS HM let alone asking them to carry a noob in IMS....

I laugh off my chair..*HUGS* EME

PLEASE make it VS NM Event

THANK YOU

enjoy event B)
  • honestly to fix the event all you need to do is remove the IMS requirement. it's fine encouraging learning runs, but VSHM is a dungeon that requires at least a decent knowledge of your class, and that's not something you often find in IMS
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, you don't have to run vshm.
    voidy wrote: »

This event only affects VSHM, which is why we're talking about it in this thread.
    I know I don't have to participate in this event. I'm not planning on it, for reasons I've already outlined. But I think the core concept behind the idea is a good one, and so I want to see it implemented in other dungeons.

Really not a hard concept to grasp.
  • There is already a thread for this topic.
This discussion has been closed.