VSHM Event.

Comments

• Palomina wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Why anyone wants to do VSH now? Specially IMS, While Baraka gives you goodies for collecting Sloth's droppings O.o

PS: I think the spirit of this event is good, people make times to teach newer players, but if you want players to go through [filtered], at least reward them better.

I can tell you, at least on MT, most people won't bother doing vshm learning runs. My own guildmates and friends rejected to teach me vshm when I was still learning it. The dungeon is literally aids, especially the second boss. There is no way 4 skilled players are gonna bother wasting their time carrying a real unskilled player for such crap rewards. I mean, you use more than 600 nocts on just one boss. At the most, skilled people will use their unskilled healer alt or something.

The event is surely in good spirit but like @PaulisAwesome said, this idea was good but the execution was poor.

what other way is there to execute it eue

I think making IMS optional would be alot more beneficial, I'd be alot more keen to helping guild mates or just more casual friends on MT my server then helping a totes random person via IMS.

And I'm not about the life of having to sync que with them and kicking people untill they get in.
  • I can already see the "Keep getting kicked from IMS parties" threads popping up everywhere when this event starts.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    This was a really great idea! But like others said, it should either have the instance matchmaking part removed or be executed within lower tier dungeons, not the absolute hardest and most punishing dungeon in the game. A single mistake from one player in VSHM can wipe the entire group, so you're essentially asking people to carry one floormat, or cross-queue. I already IMS everything below VSHM anyway, and they're fairly doable unless there's a punishing DPS check involved and the group just can't crack it due to bad crystals/gear/class knowledge. But even for me, someone who prefers IMSing over LFG, the thought of IMSing VSHM is a big no no. 600 noct and some scales won't make up for the 4+ hours I'd spend trapped in there.

But yeah, if you implemented this system in Velik's Hold, AIHM, Velik's Sanctuary Normal Mode, Bathysmal Rise Hard Mode, stuff like that... It'd be pretty cool! And if you rewarded the rookie player with something as well, that might provide incentive for them to go out and learn in the first place. Real cool idea, I actually like this. Just think it's a mistake forcing folks to IMS a dungeon that, in the developers' own words, requires absolute trust in each of your teammates' abilities.
  • edited July 14
    We've listened to player feedback (And Cobaltdragon advocated for the players quite eloquently!). The event has been updated and you can see the changes here.

The tl;dr version is this:

VSNM will get the rewards previously mentioned.
    VSHM will get increased rewards to the tune of:

Strong Bravery Potion ×5
    Dragon Scale ×5
    Noctenium ×1000
    Enchanting Bonanza Box ×3

The instance matching is a required function of the tool. It won't work without that. Sorry. That said, even during the event, nothing will prevent players from entering VSHM in their preferred parties or groups. It simply will reward those who try instance-matching.
  • I definitely agree with Voidy!
    Having an incentive program like this in 417/423 for all runs (not only IM -guild teaching and lfg as well) would be a nice, not just as an event, but as another way to help new 65s become involved in endgame PVE content. A reward for skilled teaching unskilled, as well as a first run reward for the new player to encourage trying new dungeons. Personal extensive alkahest in a decent amount and tier 11 spellbind would be very helpful for new players in gearing as the first clear reward. Blessed enigmatic scrolls if willing to do tradeable (even in a very small quantity, it would be useful to introduce new players to this as an alternative for masterworking misery - I've seen new players try to use the basic scrolls which have a lower chance and become frustrated simply not knowing these exist. If it was for first clear only, it wouldn't overwhelm the market/hurt sales and could even increase them as players realize these exist earlier and use them) Plain and simple gold/feedstock never hurt, superhold (dyads or materials for gear) aren't a bad reward either. I'd be interested to hear more opinions on what would be suitable rewards for the skilled players - what would motivate you to keep a dps with bad crystals, or teach a new tank? Lakan's chests/gold/feedstock/spellbind/superhold tokens are what come to mind first for me.
  • edited July 14
    To provide a peek behind the scenes on this event, we're using an out-of-box system to run the event and it applies only to IMS, so we unfortunately don't have any flexibility in that regard.
  • To provide a peek behind the scenes on this event, we're using an out-of-box system to run the event and it applies only to IMS, so we unfortunately don't have any flexibility in that regard.

I appreciate the quick changes you guys did make, shows that sometimes you are all listening and will to help.
  • Would be nice to see brhm added too. :+1:
  • Kreuziger wrote: »
    Would be nice to see brhm added too. :+1:

Depending how this goes, we can run an event in this style for other dungeons in the future.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    To provide a peek behind the scenes on this event, we're using an out-of-box system to run the event and it applies only to IMS, so we unfortunately don't have any flexibility in that regard.

Does this event bonus still apply if you form an incomplete party with a single unskilled player, and use IMS to finish building your party? e.g. Skilled brawler, skilled DPS #1, unskilled DPS #2 -> IM DPS #3 and healer?

Also LOL I can't stop laughing at this event and the reasons it exists in the first place. NA TERA elitism has gotten so bad that new players literally can't find people who are willing and good enough to teach them how to play the game. The whole +15 awakening thing has seriously undermined progression and the ability to participate for a large portion of the player base. VSHM minimum entry requirements are +15 VM8 (or even VM9!) unless you want to just stare at your LFG window for a few hours for the 'kind souls' willing to help/carry you through it - and by those kind souls I mean people in statics who can't find a 5th player and just need you for the body count. If you're looking for people to carry new folks through VS in either difficulty mode it might be better to allow for double healer, but I doubt EME has any control over such system details. Anyway, statics will just sync queue and keep kicking until they get who they want. 423 still remains a laughable minimum ilevel requirement for entry into NM.
  • This reminds me of the TS event a few weeks ago, 5/5 Fail....
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    We've listened to player feedback (And Cobaltdragon advocated for the players quite eloquently!). The event has been updated and you can see the changes here.

Strong Bravery Potion ×5
    Dragon Scale ×5
    Noctenium ×1000

The instance matching is a required function of the tool. It won't work without that. Sorry. That said, even during the event, nothing will prevent players from entering VSHM in their preferred parties or groups. It simply will reward those who try instance-matching.

Dude nice. Adding VSNM is great, thanks for doing that.
  • Halrath wrote: »

Strong Bravery Potion ×5
    Dragon Scale ×5
    Noctenium ×1000

I strongly believe BOTH LFG & IMS will be more ACTIVE if EME is willing to add new and better rewards. The new changes to the event is a positive approach in the right direction.

You have my 100% support,

Pure Tank of MT server
    Di.Pro.Sky
  • This is a good event, will be fun to try to do IM trap.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    I have a question..
    If I go into VSNM with LFG group at first, but midway, someone had to go because of bowel movement, then we que inside the dungeon, does that count as IMS?
    o:)