There will be no maintenance for TERA on 11/21.

7/14 Twitch Stream: Get Your Crab On + Event Ideas!

EDIT - Seandynamite has hijacked this thread now that today's stream is over. See his comment made below...
So as discussed on the Twitch stream, I'd love to hear your constructive ideas about what you like to do during the events throughout the year. What is it that you want more of? Please keep the conversation positive - we want to make future events fun for everyone, so let's start gathering ideas. Brainstorm with us!

BsjErs0.jpg

TERA Product Manager Seandynamite and Assoc. Product Manager Halrath will join me on the air today for some special prize giveaways. The Summer Festival is just beginning and they'll be taking questions about the event and telling everyone about their planning process. Hop in the chat and pose your questions during the stream. Bring your sunscreen!

We begin today at 3 p.m. PDT at https://www.twitch.tv/enmasseentertainment

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems we will get the nakid beach party this time, Grabs Popo corn B)
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    it seems we will get the nakid beach party this time, Grabs Popo corn B)

We got extra lighting for the stream room so we can tan while we broadcast!
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > TERA Product Manager Seandynamite and Assoc. Product Manager Halrath will join me on the air today for some special prize giveaways. The Summer Festival is just beginning and they'll be taking questions about the event and telling everyone about their planning process. Hop in the chat and pose your questions during the stream. Bring your sunscreen!
    >
    > We begin today at 3 p.m. PDT at

You mean 3:05 or 3:10 PDT
  • meowmeowmoomeowmeowmoo ✭✭✭
    is this a spawn crab thing?
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    is this a spawn crab thing?

no pliss,
  • edited July 14
    Maybe. Or maybe we'll just discuss the deeper philosophical meaning of crabs in relation to our universe.

• Twitch Code: Stabby Crabby!
  • So as discussed on the Twitch stream, I'd love to hear your constructive ideas about what you like to do during the events throughout the year. What is it that you want more of? Please keep the conversation positive - we want to make future events fun for everyone, so let's start gathering ideas. Brainstorm with us!
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭
    So as discussed on the Twitch stream, I'd love to hear your constructive ideas about what you like to do during the events throughout the year. What is it that you want more of? Please keep the conversation positive - we want to make future events fun for everyone, so let's start gathering ideas. Brainstorm with us!

how about a scavenger hunt that involves going to different cities and zones? also, if we could put the island of dawn bams in the old alliance territories, ( different tiers of bams in different territories ) and let us have the original island of dawn back. even if it isn't the starting area, just to have it to go back to and hang out. have it where the alliance halls will be useful again instead of abandoned, and you go to different alliance halls to get to a certain tier bams like the ones on island of dawn now. maybe even have storyline for it if you wanted.
    if we are still going to have bamarama going on but cant bet on it, how about once a week, before or after civil unrest, where we can bet on bamarama? limit it to an hour that way people wont get burned out or abuse it.
    please let us know what you think of these ideas and if they could be done. thanks
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the return of pvp events like skyring slam and canyon clash.
  • meowmeowmoomeowmeowmoo ✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »

This is very important to the Tera community Tera is one of the only games with this style of combat and the pvp is insanely fun there should be some light shined on pvp events pvp rewards and just getting people into pvp there is no reason to only have pve events and helping new players in pve content why not reward people for queing bgs if they haven't . i personally haven't done many battlegrounds and would still like some light shined on pvp activities cause it is important part of the game and is probably one of the more fun parts of the game
  • StarSprite wrote: »

+1 to this. There hasn't been that many PVP events in a while. Yeah we have the jackpot bonuses, but those aren't that good and you guys have to do something for the team 3s community or the people that actually wanna do FWC on days where it isn't jackpot bonus.
  • I would like to see more events like double dungeon drops or this new "Buddy mentor event" but refined with player feedback coz IM hardmode dungeons aint gonna happen.

Essentially i would like to see events related to combat & endgame rather than make sand castles(bad example i know) to get 100k costume box. Events shouldn't make endgame content obsolete.

If it was upto me(and i'm the minority pretty sure) i would rather give More rewards during these events but make all rewards soulbound so they aren't just farmed on 10 alts to sell.
  • MawileMawile ✭✭
    edited July 15
    The buddy mentor sounded quite interesting. As for events, my favorite events are definitely the ones that bring the community together like the BAM spawn event held today (which I had a surprisingly good raid nabbing around 15 boxes). Reminds me of the old school Nexus. Talking in a spontaneously made raid of 30 random people made quickly in LFG working together to find BAMs is very fun and exhilarating to me and is also a great way to meet new people. Also, if you guys could get that quiz bowl thing working I think it would be a blast~! :3
  • DWDE6GFGWHDWDE6GFGWH ✭✭✭
    Just in general more endgame events that are worth it. Tiny rewards and IMS on VSH is not going to work if you can farm the event for 100 times more profit. Mostly because like we said a hundred times before, the only reason to run VSH is for mats right now. I also want to bring up again that I hope that the HH loot will get a buff soon just like on EU.