Apothecary Dyes : A Very Serious And Concerning Problem Threatening Our World.

edited July 18 in General Discussion
@Spacecats @Noesis @Denommenator

The latest patch removed apothecary dyes from elite gift boxes, which is (fine), but there is now no reasonable way to obtain dyes and the price is skyrocketing.
The only way to get them currently:
-Pay 100 federation bills for ONE UNTRADABLE dye.
-Pay 95 emp for ONE dye.

2d95oq8.png
Figure 1: 100 Federation Bills for 1 dye is ridiculous.

Needless to say this pricing is extremely outdated and unreasonable.
The whole fun of owning dyeable costumes is that you can change up the color whenever you want, but with the current supply of dyes diminishing, and this event handing out dyeable costumes to everyone like candy, this is going to become a problem for us costume hoarders.

2h2ihqs.png
Figure 2: Charging this much for dyes should be reprimandable by permanent ban.

My suggestion is to GREATLY decrease the amount of federation bills required to buy an apothecary dye. Maybe 5 for 1 dye or something like that.
Please take a look at this. I do not look forward to a future where I have to pay 3k every time I want to change my costume's color.

Comments

• This is indeed a grave threat to the world of TERA as we know it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! Even if dyes aren't re-added to Elite boxes, we'll look for some way to get more of them in the hands of players.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭
    So basically you think the price of permanent dye is too expensive?
  • feminzii wrote: »
    @Spacecats @Noesis @Denommenator

The latest patch removed apothecary dyes from elite gift boxes, which is (fine), but there is now no reasonable way to obtain dyes and the price is skyrocketing.
    The only way to get them currently:
    -Pay 100 federation bills for ONE dye.
    -Pay 95 emp for ONE dye.

2d95oq8.png
    Figure 1: 100 Federation Bills for 1 dye is ridiculous.

Needless to say this pricing is extremely outdated and unreasonable.
    The whole fun of owning dyeable costumes is that you can change up the color whenever you want, but with the current supply of dyes diminishing, and this event handing out dyeable costumes to everyone like candy, this is going to become a problem for us costume hoarders.

2h2ihqs.png
    Figure 2: Charging this much for dyes should be reprimandable by permanent ban.

My suggestion is to GREATLY decrease the amount of federation bills required to buy an apothecary dye. Maybe 5 for 1 dye or something like that.
    Please take a look at this. I do not look forward to a future where I have to pay 3k every time I want to change my costume's color.

o noo, they are realy expensives o good, im get poor for buy apothecary dyed ...............................mhe, las price in 2015 was 2.5 k each apotecarye dyed, now gold lose value and they still are cheap ............... :thonking:
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    So basically you think the price of permanent dye is too expensive?

this isn't something you would understand unless you're the kind of person who has a lot of costumes and likes to dye them frequently
    but those ppl would understand where i'm coming from here

anyway, regardless of the price there's simply not enough dyes available to begin with. the broker on my server has maybe 2 pages of dyes left. that's not even enough for just my own costumes alone.

im not gonna go and buy more dyeable costumes if there's no dye to use on them, and considering costumes pay for this game it's not something you should dismiss so easily.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    This is indeed a grave threat to the world of TERA as we know it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! Even if dyes aren't re-added to Elite boxes, we'll look for some way to get more of them in the hands of players.

you da man :)
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    we actually need different kind of dyes, for example: Shinning Gold Dye, Shinning Silver Dye, Deep Black Dye. make them cash store with prices like 450 EMP, I buy, I buy a lot
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    Has there been any consideration for the current craftable 1-hour dyes to be changed to 30-day or permanent? It'd give a reason to hunt these little critters and make dye for the community... just a thought of mine.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPCPak wrote: »
    Has there been any consideration for the current craftable 1 hour dyes to be changed to 30-day or permenmant? It'd give a reason to hunt these little critters and make dye for the community... just a thought of mine.

I agree I agree, perma craftable dyes. Make it happen or Allahu Akbar :naughty:
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    This is indeed a grave threat to the world of TERA as we know it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! Even if dyes aren't re-added to Elite boxes, we'll look for some way to get more of them in the hands of players.

Perhaps adding it to the novelty merchant
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Honestly, the current price of apot dye is an over-reaction caused by taking advantage of panicking people. The interest in dyes is very disproportionate; you have a small group of people who use them a lot and a much larger group who doesn't use them much or at all. (Some people are just sitting on hundreds and hundreds in their banks.) As soon as the announcement happened that they were being removed from the box, enterprising people bought them up for cheap just so they could turn around and relist them at way higher rates. But it's not like supply is actually constrained and suddenly the entire market dried up overnight with no way to get more. People are just milking the situation for all its worth while the going's good, since people are worried that there are no other ways to get them.

And now, with this thread (whether intentional or not), an aim seems to be to crash the market by making people believe that EME is going to intervene and inject new supply, which will cause people hoarding apot dyes to want to sell now before the prices collapse. Will it work...?
  • Honestly, the current price of apot dye is an over-reaction caused by taking advantage of panicking people. The interest in dyes is very disproportionate; you have a small group of people who use them a lot and a much larger group who doesn't use them much or at all. (Some people are just sitting on hundreds and hundreds in their banks.) As soon as the announcement happened that they were being removed from the box, enterprising people bought them up for cheap just so they could turn around and relist them at way higher rates. But it's not like supply is actually constrained and suddenly the entire market dried up overnight with no way to get more. People are just milking the situation for all its worth while the going's good, since people are worried that there are no other ways to get them.

And now, with this thread (whether intentional or not), an aim seems to be to crash the market by making people believe that EME is going to intervene and inject new supply, which will cause people hoarding apot dyes to want to sell now before the prices collapse. Will it work...?

Mwahaha.

It will not.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Honestly, the current price of apot dye is an over-reaction caused by taking advantage of panicking people. The interest in dyes is very disproportionate; you have a small group of people who use them a lot and a much larger group who doesn't use them much or at all. (Some people are just sitting on hundreds and hundreds in their banks.) As soon as the announcement happened that they were being removed from the box, enterprising people bought them up for cheap just so they could turn around and relist them at way higher rates. But it's not like supply is actually constrained and suddenly the entire market dried up overnight with no way to get more. People are just milking the situation for all its worth while the going's good, since people are worried that there are no other ways to get them.

that's kind of a cynical way to look at it. you don't think removing the only way we were actually getting them decreased the supply at all? it's all just people being greedy or trying to make a profit?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »

that's kind of a cynical way to look at it. you don't think removing the only way we were actually getting them decreased the supply at all? it's all just people being greedy or trying to make a profit?

...yup. :chuffed:

I mean, supply will be constrained eventually, but not this quickly. This is all the market at work.
  • LuhzLuhz ✭✭✭
    this could actually be the most important topic created in the entire history of this forum
    #freethedyes
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭
    I bought ten when I heard this news. Got them for 400 gold each. Now they're passing 1000. I wish I'd bought more.