VS Mentor Event

edited July 17 in General Discussion
I queued in VSN on my lancer with a priest (skilled) in party. The other 3 dps that were match were all unskilled yet i did not receive any bonus rewards. Does the player in the party Before queue have to be unskilled?

Comments

• Serey wrote: »
    I queued in VSN on my lancer with a priest (skilled) in party. The other 3 dps that were match were all unskilled yet i did not receive any bonus rewards. Does the player in the party Before queue have to be unskilled?

im hope no be solo queque skilled in im :( :(
  • Did anyone else experience this / not receive the additional rewards after completing Normal Mode in a party that had at least one unskilled player ?
  • Yes, did a vsnm with my guild through ims. 3 skilled, 1 unskilled members queued into a skilled dps. Only the random skilled player got rewards.
  • Serey wrote: »

This event's mechanic relies solely upon everyone instance-matching to get the rewards. If you group-up ahead of time, you won't get the rewards. As Yoyama's group showed, only the random player got the reward.

It's not how I would have designed it, but that's how the event we got works. I'm sorry.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Halrath wrote: »
    Serey wrote: »

This event's mechanic relies solely upon everyone instance-matching to get the rewards. If you group-up ahead of time, you won't get the rewards. As Yoyama's group showed, only the random player got the reward.

It's not how I would have designed it, but that's how the event we got works. I'm sorry.

im suggest delay event to refined system reward ( because many players looks do premades skilled people and get rokies from im )
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭
    edited July 17

so u want everyone to enter solo ?! i know vs isnt that difficult but still, seriously ?!oO ..
    ofcourse groups of 4 will party up and que.. to avoid a trap run .
    wow any player could have foreseen this ahead of time.
    this event goes against everything tera players want to do.
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭
    Wait so it means that everyone must enter IMS as solo players and not in a party?
  • edited July 17
    LYC14 wrote: »
    Wait so it means that everyone must enter IMS as solo players and not in a party?

Yes. I updated the language in the news post to make that more clear.
  • PeperoncinaPeperoncina ✭✭
    edited July 17
    VSNM event doesnt work.

I did it now, 4 skilled players + 1 rookie in instant-matching and i didnt receive my reward.

Fix it and give me my reward.........
  • VSNM event doesnt work.

I did it now, 4 skilled players + 1 rookie in instant-matching and i didnt receive my reward.

Did you all instance match or did you group up ahead of time?
  • Halrath wrote: »
    LYC14 wrote: »

Yes.

Damn I was actually ready to take my 3 or 4 man crew in and teach/carry the ims player. But everyone imsing is so much of a crapshoot and too much work for these rewards. I need at least one other skilled friend to protect my sanity. Not to mention people can use the ims randomness to troll the rest of the party. Poor design.
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭

I think the event would have been fine if there was no IMS aspect. In general the player-base doesn't like to use IMS, especially for the upper tier dungeons and including VSN. Also it was worded kind of poorly and people thought they could queue together or that they'd even get all the rewards listed. I don't think many will participate if everyone must solo-queue and just hope for the best.
    VSNM event doesnt work.

I had a party with 3 SKILLED + 1 Rookie -> then we IMS VSNM
    Why i dont have my reward? I helped that rookie player :|

• So, u have to teach 4 ppl at same time to get rewards. VSNM might be worth, but VSHM darkan and Lakan with 4 learners will take a few hours per clear... If u could take more skilled with u, u could teach 1 or 2 newbies, but no one in their right mind will be hours teaching 4 new ppl (some ppl do for guildies, but we are talking about ppl from dif servers who could be using x4 poundings).
    Nice try eme
    VSNM event doesnt work.

I had a party with 3 SKILLED + 1 Rookie -> then we IMS VSNM
    Why i dont have my reward? I helped that rookie player :|

because you cant read up post xd, you dont recive rewards whe you do premade party, only when you ( skilled ) do im solo yolo ,a dn if you fishibs dungeon ( 1 skilled and 4 rokies maybe ) you get the reward