VS Mentor Event

Comments

• I really suggest changing the news page so at least players will know beforehand. Lack off proper communication = more upset players.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    VSNM event doesnt work.

I did it now, 4 skilled players + 1 rookie in instant-matching and i didnt receive my reward.

Fix it and give me my reward.........

Did you all instance match or did you group up ahead of time?

I had a party with 3 SKILLED + 1 Rookie -> then we IMS VSNM
    Why i dont have my reward? I helped that rookie player :|

because you cant read up post xd, you dont recive rewards whe you do premade party, only when you ( skilled ) do im solo yolo ,a dn if you fishibs dungeon ( 1 skilled and 4 rokies maybe ) you get the reward

This is no-sense...

How u can suppose to help someone ?!
    Those rookie players from my server need help... and i cant help them ?!
  • So, u have to teach 4 ppl at same time to get rewards. VSNM might be worth, but VSHM darkan and Lakan with 4 learners will take a few hours per clear... If u could take more skilled with u, u could teach 1 or 2 newbies, but no one in their right mind will be hours teaching 4 new ppl (some ppl do for guildies, but we are talking about ppl from dif servers who could be using x4 poundings).
    Nice try eme

finish vshm with 4 rokies, like 3 hours per boos and finaly party leader say disban huehuehuehue
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭
    Just queue, and if you get more than 1-2 rookies leave the party before combat starts
  • SereySerey ✭✭
    Even Teaching 4 unskilled in vsnm is not worth it.

• Are you kidding me? To take 1 rookie is already complicated, imagine to take a whole party like this ...
  • PeperoncinaPeperoncina ✭✭
    edited July 17
    @Halrath i'm very disappointed cause nobody understand this event.
    i thought that i could help some rookie players from my server
    and run togegher with them through instant-matching and be a mentor for them...
    but I cant?! I CANT?
    :( Why?
    I made a party for that rookie player for teach to him VSNM,
    we quequed togegher, we completed it... and i didnt receive my reward

This event is not social and it's not fun.
    Im sorry but it's not worth and not healthy too
    cause i dont wanna waste my time wiping no-sense in VSNM/VSHM
    but i would like to invest my time helping someone but i cant.
  • @Halrath i'm very disappointed cause nobody understand this event.
    but I cant?! I CANT?

because this event is very explotable , 4 skilled + alter rokie from same guild , same for im, 4 premade skilled + 1 rokie from im, but designed was all to im, and if you are luck to get +2 skilled ( prefery tank and healer ) + rokies only skiled gets rewards, for rokies is more efort since im pop up more often
  • Jeeeeesus [filtered] christ every time I think they have reached maximum capacity on a word for I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing they one-up themselves. Good job to EME for constantly pushing themselves to break the glass floor of inverse ability to manage a game and community.

::slow clap::
  • @Halrath i'm very disappointed cause nobody understand this event.
    but I cant?! I CANT?

because this event is very explotable , 4 skilled + alter rokie from same guild , same for im, 4 premade skilled + 1 rokie from im, but designed was all to im, and if you are luck to get +2 skilled ( prefery tank and healer ) + rokies only skiled gets rewards, for rokies is more efort since im pop up more often

Man, i dont know what you are talking about.
    Be in the same guild mean be friendly and helpful each others as a group, as a team as a family.
    I helped a player that needed to learn VSNM ( this player wasnt from my guild)
    and he wanted to run this dungeon cause nobody helped him and with this event he can.
    So we created a party for him and we run togegher in instant-matching.
    I helped him but i didnt receive my reward.

So, my disappointed cause this event need a FIX (another solution) or nobody will really run it at all.
    There are many players busy in HH in this days,
    what's the point to solo IMS VSHM for this event? :thinking:
  • SereySerey ✭✭
    @Halrath i'm very disappointed cause nobody understand this event.
    but I cant?! I CANT?

yeah but they could have still made queuing with 1 other a possibility. Cant really exploit with 1 person. and whos to say that a guild just cant make 4 alts unskilled queue. theyre still skilled at the dg. this event seems kind of a waste now
  • I mentioned this upon initial announcement of the event, but it's worth repeating here:

This event was delivered as-is for us to use if we chose. We can apply it to a specific dungeon and configure specific rewards, but cannot affect the core design.

We're running this largely as a trial run to see how it's received. We'll monitor and collect feedback surrounding this specific iteration of the event and pass it along to the devs. It's possible your feedback might influence some adjustments to the design of this system in the future so please try to provide thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback (instead of insults).
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    I'm tired of providing thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback. Don't you play the game? Haven't you ever tried to queue for a dungeon - especially a HM dungeon, especially a 4- or 5-star HM dungeon - with four other randoms? It's an experience in futility akin to providing EME with thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback.
  • HanuishiHanuishi ✭✭
    Well this event isn't even worth it. There's no way you can clear vsh with several unskilled players (potentially) without wasting hours in there. So you have an event that no one that's skilled in that dungeon is probably going to do. Good job.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    Serey wrote: »
    I queued in VSN on my lancer with a priest (skilled) in party. The other 3 dps that were match were all unskilled yet i did not receive any bonus rewards. Does the player in the party Before queue have to be unskilled?

This event's mechanic relies solely upon everyone instance-matching to get the rewards. If you group-up ahead of time, you won't get the rewards. As Yoyama's group showed, only the random player got the reward.

It's not how I would have designed it, but that's how the event we got works. I'm sorry.

this literally makes no sense, what if 5 unskilled and actually learning people end up in a party its just going to be extreme hell for them and maybe even turn them off from the game.......this is just going to be a waste that probably no one will even bother doing, skilled players that is.