VS Mentor Event

Comments

• I run both dg's (VHN and BRN) just for practice and I've seen a lot of new ppl floormating. As I said before, I was practicing my trap tanking so it was a tank carry :proud:. But in VSN or VSH, rip.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭
    @Seikilos

HM dungeons is the true goldsink for tryhards and speedruns.

This event is to bait also more casuals to spend some of their gold using neo revive :3
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @Denommenator said:
    > I mentioned this upon initial announcement of the event, but it's worth repeating here:
    >
    > This event was delivered as-is for us to use if we chose. We can apply it to a specific dungeon and configure specific rewards, but cannot affect the core design.
    >
    > We're running this largely as a trial run to see how it's received. We'll monitor and collect feedback surrounding this specific iteration of the event and pass it along to the devs. It's possible your feedback might influence some adjustments to the design of this system in the future so please try to provide thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback (instead of insults).

This even would of worked great on easy dungeons for noobies. not the top tier dungeon in the game. I'm sorry but how was this okay'd by the Tera managers before this went live?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭
    So I got bored and thought I'd give it a shot. Ended up in a group with 4 other skilled people as well, and we disbanded. :awesome:
    Ayyy where da rookies at
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Seikilos

This event is to bait also more casuals to spend some of their gold using neo revive :3

sarcasm aside, i would laugh it out too if it was the first/second time. but come on. they fail so frequently that it overshadows the good stuff they do.
    i mean even if you were willing to praise them for something good they ve done, you'd better bite your tongue cause they are a week or two from the next fail. Things that could have been avoided if they actually played the game. I even doubt if they asked the player council for feedback. and as a person above said. i'm tired of giving feedback. if they ask for feedback again i will ask for a monthly payment cause it feels like a job lately.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Seikilos

There is no gold revive in VSHM. Sure I guess VSNM, but it was originally only planned for VSHM.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    So everyone has to IM and you chose the hardest dungeon... Just, why?

take a wild guess

Because trolling your playerbase is always hilarious.
  • vsh solo IM, thast [filtered]
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    Tfw this event is a perfect chance to help people but then the poor design was used for an endgame dungeon ha. IMS is avoided because people who don't bother to even attempt and learn a proper rotation or setup flood it, now in order to actually get a reward from the endgame dungeon we have to SOLO queue it? Yeah no, this event might work for BRNM (not even HM because once again you get people who don't even try) but VS sigh.

I'm all for helping people but I don't care to spend my limited time helping people who don't even want to try, which is exactly what NA IMS has been for years.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭
    the event is brooooken. i just ims'd vsnm on a rookie character and was carried by this nice group of people and no one got any rewards at the end, i asked and they said they all ims'd in individually as well.

nice event. gg works gud
  • edited July 17
    We made some adjustments to the event to include BRHM and AIHM. We also increased the rewards some. Updates are here:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/take-unskilled-players-under-your-wing

We realize the requirement to solo queue is somewhat flawed, but this is the best we could do this go round.
  • Just cleared VSHM with through IMS. Solo. As well as everyone else being solo. We all asked in the beginning of the run to make sure everyone queue'd solo. And at least one person confirmed that they were a rookie.

They were all really nice people. And clearing went pretty smoothly. But at the end of the run none of the skilled players got rewards.

A disappointing end to an otherwise lovely experience.
  • edited July 17
    Kibeh wrote: »
    Just cleared VSHM with through IMS. Solo. As well as everyone else being solo. We all asked in the beginning of the run to make sure everyone queue'd solo. And at least one person confirmed that they were a rookie.

They were all really nice people. And clearing went pretty smoothly. But at the end of the run none of the skilled players got rewards.

A disappointing end to an otherwise lovely experience.

Glad to hear it went well. We're trying to reproduce this, I'll report back with our findings. In the meantime, if anyone has success with this, let us know.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    Seikilos wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Seikilos

sarcasm aside, i would laugh it out too if it was the first/second time. but come on. they fail so frequently that it overshadows the good stuff they do.
    i mean even if you were willing to praise them for something good they ve done, you'd better bite your tongue cause they are a week or two from the next fail. Things that could have been avoided if they actually played the game. I even doubt if they asked the player council for feedback. and as a person above said. i'm tired of giving feedback. if they ask for feedback again i will ask for a monthly payment cause it feels like a job lately.

That's why I didn't say anything more.

This event is so hard for unskilled and skilled players to achieve.

It would be better if the original bonus loot would be for static parties on HM dungeons so at least they could have something from it.
  • changes is nice, vs is no to hard bois, aihm is no too hard too,

brhm maybe is hard for uneskiled/newbies players, im still happy queque im for vshm carry :awesome: