[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Apothecary Dyes : A Very Serious And Concerning Problem Threatening Our World.

135

Comments

  • Ardire wrote: »
    shape changers which also cost 100 fed bills generally are brokered for 3k, so apothecary dyes should even out eventually to the same price if things stay this way.

    3k each time you wanna change the colour of stuff? ehhhh.... and what if you have multiple dyeable stuff.....

    Chest Changer: 1.1k
    Height Changer: 3.5k
    Thigh Changer: 2k
    Head Changer: 2k

    All at MT. It varies, quite a bit lol.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajorThor wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »
    shape changers which also cost 100 fed bills generally are brokered for 3k, so apothecary dyes should even out eventually to the same price if things stay this way.

    3k each time you wanna change the colour of stuff? ehhhh.... and what if you have multiple dyeable stuff.....

    Chest Changer: 1.1k
    Height Changer: 3.5k
    Thigh Changer: 2k
    Head Changer: 2k

    All at MT. It varies, quite a bit lol.

    Supply and demand. Chest changers work only on specific swimsuits, head changer is a little prank for a while, height and thigh ones are what you would use constantly. But then again, that is IF people do want to keep changing height and thighs.

    Don't also forget guys, that every now and then some super event comes to spam those stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Kyras or Mongos with endless apothecary dyes dropping.
  • I wasn't aware of this. I always keep my elite boxes so I don't have a pile of them, did something replace them? Or just removed cuz reasons™?
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    thank you for removing the dye from elite boxes, time to finally cash out my 200 pieces :D
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »
    Honestly, the current price of apot dye is an over-reaction caused by taking advantage of panicking people. The interest in dyes is very disproportionate; you have a small group of people who use them a lot and a much larger group who doesn't use them much or at all. (Some people are just sitting on hundreds and hundreds in their banks.) As soon as the announcement happened that they were being removed from the box, enterprising people bought them up for cheap just so they could turn around and relist them at way higher rates. But it's not like supply is actually constrained and suddenly the entire market dried up overnight with no way to get more. People are just milking the situation for all its worth while the going's good, since people are worried that there are no other ways to get them.

    And now, with this thread (whether intentional or not), an aim seems to be to crash the market by making people believe that EME is going to intervene and inject new supply, which will cause people hoarding apot dyes to want to sell now before the prices collapse. Will it work...?

    that's kind of a cynical way to look at it. you don't think removing the only way we were actually getting them decreased the supply at all? it's all just people being greedy or trying to make a profit?

    Can't you still buy them with fed bills? Or has everyone forgotten that?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    Honestly, the current price of apot dye is an over-reaction caused by taking advantage of panicking people. The interest in dyes is very disproportionate; you have a small group of people who use them a lot and a much larger group who doesn't use them much or at all. (Some people are just sitting on hundreds and hundreds in their banks.) As soon as the announcement happened that they were being removed from the box, enterprising people bought them up for cheap just so they could turn around and relist them at way higher rates. But it's not like supply is actually constrained and suddenly the entire market dried up overnight with no way to get more. People are just milking the situation for all its worth while the going's good, since people are worried that there are no other ways to get them.

    And now, with this thread (whether intentional or not), an aim seems to be to crash the market by making people believe that EME is going to intervene and inject new supply, which will cause people hoarding apot dyes to want to sell now before the prices collapse. Will it work...?

    that's kind of a cynical way to look at it. you don't think removing the only way we were actually getting them decreased the supply at all? it's all just people being greedy or trying to make a profit?

    Can't you still buy them with fed bills? Or has everyone forgotten that?

    That is exactly the drama: it's as far as been told here the only supply source, and thus the pricing is supposed to level with the rest of the fed. bill changers.
    But as far as I remember, before my break so around a month ago or so, their price was already around that. They had skyrocketed from the ~200G each or what was it to this price, tho I don't know when this change from Elite boxes happened so it could have been while I was still playing anyway.

    I really can see a future event suddenly making a huge surplus of those. I bet one copper in-game that still this year, we'll have an event that will drop dyes in hordes and the price will plummet.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    Honestly, the current price of apot dye is an over-reaction caused by taking advantage of panicking people. The interest in dyes is very disproportionate; you have a small group of people who use them a lot and a much larger group who doesn't use them much or at all. (Some people are just sitting on hundreds and hundreds in their banks.) As soon as the announcement happened that they were being removed from the box, enterprising people bought them up for cheap just so they could turn around and relist them at way higher rates. But it's not like supply is actually constrained and suddenly the entire market dried up overnight with no way to get more. People are just milking the situation for all its worth while the going's good, since people are worried that there are no other ways to get them.

    And now, with this thread (whether intentional or not), an aim seems to be to crash the market by making people believe that EME is going to intervene and inject new supply, which will cause people hoarding apot dyes to want to sell now before the prices collapse. Will it work...?

    that's kind of a cynical way to look at it. you don't think removing the only way we were actually getting them decreased the supply at all? it's all just people being greedy or trying to make a profit?

    Can't you still buy them with fed bills? Or has everyone forgotten that?

    that's been addressed in the OP (there's even a picture) and by several posts in the thread already so unless you're either blind or just not reading, no one's forgetting anything.
  • Loveberri wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of this. I always keep my elite boxes so I don't have a pile of them, did something replace them? Or just removed cuz reasons™?

    It was in the recent patch notes. They were swapped out with Strongbox Keys.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    hellno wrote: »
    I legit dont want dyes and have never tried getting them or buying them from broker and I some how have 322 in my bank. Everyone is WAY overreacting. Its kind of ridiculous. You can still get them from fed bills, and 100 fed bills is fine since it is permanent

    i don't care if they're permanent lmao
    they could make them 7 days if they wanted to idgaf
    i use like 7 or 8 dyes every day just changing my outfits. i get that that's a personal problem but a lot of us who are into costumes enjoy the freedom to be able to do that. If there's only 1 or 2 pages of dyes on the broker then we simply can't anymore, whether they're cheap or not.
  • edited July 2017
    feminzii wrote: »
    hellno wrote: »
    I legit dont want dyes and have never tried getting them or buying them from broker and I some how have 322 in my bank. Everyone is WAY overreacting. Its kind of ridiculous. You can still get them from fed bills, and 100 fed bills is fine since it is permanent

    i don't care if they're permanent lmao
    they could make them 7 days if they wanted to idgaf
    i use like 7 or 8 dyes every day just changing my outfits. i get that that's a personal problem but a lot of us who are into costumes enjoy the freedom to be able to do that. If there's only 1 or 2 pages of dyes on the broker then we simply can't anymore, whether they're cheap or not.

    Honestly, the fact that people were using the "premium" permanent cash shop apot dyes for things like this was basically a sign that they were way over-supplied. The real problem here is that they all-but-eliminated the in-game dyes you used to be able to farm/craft yourself to push everyone towards the cash shop dyes. But if you're dyeing that many things multiple times a day, you really should be using temporary dyes, not permanent ones. So I'm thinking the best way to solve this problem would be to bring back temporary dyes (so the supply of permanent ones are reserved for truly permanent cases).
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    feminzii wrote: »
    hellno wrote: »
    I legit dont want dyes and have never tried getting them or buying them from broker and I some how have 322 in my bank. Everyone is WAY overreacting. Its kind of ridiculous. You can still get them from fed bills, and 100 fed bills is fine since it is permanent

    i don't care if they're permanent lmao
    they could make them 7 days if they wanted to idgaf
    i use like 7 or 8 dyes every day just changing my outfits. i get that that's a personal problem but a lot of us who are into costumes enjoy the freedom to be able to do that. If there's only 1 or 2 pages of dyes on the broker then we simply can't anymore, whether they're cheap or not.

    Honestly, the fact that people were using the "premium" permanent cash shop apot dyes for things like this was basically a sign that they were way over-supplied. The real problem here is that they all-but-eliminated the in-game dyes you used to be able to farm/craft yourself to push everyone towards the cash shop dyes. But if you're dyeing that many things multiple times a day, you really should be using temporary dyes, not permanent ones. So I'm thinking the best way to solve this problem would be to bring back temporary dyes (so the supply of permanent ones are reserved for truly permanent cases).

    that would be fine too
    as long as they're not the crappy color specific ones bc those are awful
    other than that i'm really not being picky here, i just wanna dye my stuff
  • I wish they d have rich red color. This color always either violet or brick color or something brown. Or I'm just blind..i admit.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they d have rich red color. This color always either violet or brick color or something brown. Or I'm just blind..i admit.

    I want more specific Dye, even if they put in cash shop I buy.
  • > @LesbianVi said:
    > Dreadweaver wrote: »
    >
    > I wish they d have rich red color. This color always either violet or brick color or something brown. Or I'm just blind..i admit.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I want more specific Dye, even if they put in cash shop I buy.

    Also could use silver one for example. But truly we should have both silver and gold. Even if it cost way more than perms apoth dye I'd buy some too!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they d have rich red color. This color always either violet or brick color or something brown. Or I'm just blind..i admit.

    Apothecary Dye can make rich red tho, depends on costume. Red slider all the way and the brightness adjust on what you prefer.

    I think it also matters a lot on which costume you are using
Sign In or Register to comment.