Staff Feedback / Suggestions

edited July 18 in General Discussion
I've been playing this game since the close beta (I was selected luckily). Since then, I've been loyal and played this game despite all other great mmorpg games out on the market: Guild War 2, World of Warcraft, Black Desert Online, Blade and Soul, Diabol 3. There are reasons why I chose Tera over them. At early stage of this game, everyone was astonished by the graphic and great scenery of the game with of course the great combat style. In addition to in game features, GMs and Staff of EME were very nice and close with the user. I've had few chances to even do PvP against Non-God mode GMs in FWC and even on the field. But now, i feel like you guys cut the bridges with the user and only focused on bringing more grinding events and updating the stores. If you guys want to find out why popularity of this game is decreasing, should honestly do a legit survey with many options for users to choose from.
Interaction brings community in one and right now I feel like community is segregated due to failure of you guys' part on acknowledging the problem. Most difficult yet easiest part in fixing Tera and bring the old days back (in terms of popularity and population) is to acknowledge the failure and try to intake opinions with open mind and apply them. Communicate with us in regards to your plans on future of Tera.

Great guilds and great people have left because of these reasons. I feel like this game consistently recycles the dungeons and takes way too long to come up with new contents. Once content comes out, people come back to try it again for few weeks to months and than realizes that they have reached dead end again. PvP server with no PvP action other than Battle ground is bummer. I don't know how rest of the community feels like but pay to win have gotten game A LOT easier.

Comments

• Of course Tera feels split up. It's because Eme doesn't make the content. Then get everything from Bluehole, and from the way they're raking in the money from pubg, we won't be getting the updates you're asking for. Also, Eme can do all the surveys they want, it won't mean that bluehole will take them to heart because we're not Korea Tera.
  • Still thought. As publisher of the game for North America, En masse is the eyes and ears for Bluehole for North American region. If we can voice our opinion and if en masse can properly transfer our voice to Bluehole; Bluehole has to take it to some sort of consideration. Otherwise, we are really playing a game that runs in one direction. At least we would like en masse to get involved more if not in content, but at least can in game event and interactions.
  • I don't think you fully understand. Bluehole barely listens to either na or eu's publishers when they voice their concerns. So instead of eme just telling us, "Yea we tried to voice our concerns but they didn't listen." They just try to make na tera as enjoyable as possible with what they have available. Bluehole doesn't need to take anything into consideration. They're thought posses is if it works in Korea, then it will work everywhere else, which is why the probability of a male only class, or a femani class is pretty much in the gutter.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    Most of the concrete issues you're alluding to seem to be connected to the fate of PvP, and unfortunately I think here we are a sort of victim to the reality that PvP never really caught on in most other markets. In the last 1-2 years, BHS changed their development philosophy to be more centrally managed (which generally reduced the patch delay and increased the patch cadence). As a result, there isn't as much emphasis on PvP (it's treated more like a "side show", rather than a "star attraction"). In addition, the live services team working on TERA at BHS isn't as large as it used to be, so they don't have the budget to churn out the volume of content that would really be needed to meet the demand in any given area. They're rotating the "rides" in and out to keep the theme park from becoming too stale, with a handful of new attractions every year, while reworking some of the underlying systems one by one (latest being enchanting/awakening).

Meanwhile, the community team at EME is also much smaller than it used to be (down to 1 TERA rep, where there used to be 3), so they don't have the manpower to pull off giant PvP tournaments or try to really make their own content. I do think they still try to do some events where they connect directly with people, but there are less people with more to do.

Basically, TERA down-scaled from a mansion to an apartment. They're still surviving in the apartment, but they can't pull off the sort of massive block parties they used to do. And it's not surprising that people will eventually get bored of chilling in the apartment and look for more exciting parties. But no matter how much they apologize or what surveys they solicit, it's not going to suddenly produce the money needed to solve all these problems. TERA's just getting old, and the developers and investors are slowly moving on to the next big thing. In the meantime there's still some fun to be had.
  • We send feedback and suggestions to Bluehole fairly often. We have contacts there that we e-mail on a daily basis regarding new builds (updates), items, cosmetics, events, and anything else coming to TERA. The Product Manager team also holds a weekly call with Bluehole to discuss the state of the game. Throughout all of that, player feedback is given on our end and we request changes to the game.

After that, it's up to Bluehole whether or not to spend time and resources addressing that feedback. As the developers they ultimately decide what does and doesn't take developer priority. Keep in mind they don't just have business concerns to meet, but feedback from multiple regions to consider as well.

Aside from the content we get from Bluehole in the form of new builds, they have provided us with (and we've even invented some) tools that help En Masse create events, turn features on and off (like festival quests, double XP, bonus loot), and do things unique to our region (like Kyra's Pop-Up Potion Shack, Mongos, BAM invasions, etc...). Unfortunately those things rely on the in-game content available. We'll never be able to make a new BG, dungeon, class, or BAM. We can't change stats or tweak skills. That's all developer stuff that's coded into the game.

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    To be frank male/femani classes are a different topic. Those two were less popular even way back before the gender locks (INCLUDING before Reaper), and well, the costumes for example they do in Korea do work here.

The issue arises when 2 approaches are taken tho: K-TERA is WAY more grindy and P2W, as shown by Seraphinush's post: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/16341/differences-i-have-noticed-playing-ktera-so-far/p1
    In other hand, NA-TERA is way more focused on casual gameplay and being easily approachable to a new player. This is something we can't deny, mid-tier gear is noob friendly in therms of availability, and the total lack of a need for swiping a credit card for high tier stuff. People can call this game P2W as much as they want but it's pretty simple that they either just need some big "git gud" or they're friggin' crybabies that think they're entitled to have everything handled for their sheer existence. The high tier sets being obtainable in-game is something I don't call P2W, you did "play 2 win" instead of paying just. What did you do to get it in-game is unrelated if it's not a credit card.

You talk about the staff, regarding this I can't say much. I've watched streams (Spacecats, yo need sum' GIT GUD bruh!) and all, forums wise I can't say they're better or worse as I've started using it this year.

PVP does need a revamp, including the BGs.

Recycled content I don't know... Sure it can get boring to have the same mechanics on bosses or downright the same boss, but I don't see this as something as bad as some people see. There's quite some variety to do and the way it's taken back/recycled is quite good in my view.

These are some of the factors that account for many people leaving in my view. NA-TERA is the casual-friendly version of it, and well, casuals not necessarily stay for long. Also you say you play it since beta, that's a long while. Even if the game stayed great for all that time, people do just stop playing, get tired of it, get out of gaming and all... Say, WoW for example, you've literally kept investing monthly into something. It would feel like wasting money if you stop. You gotta have fun with it, otherwise why did you spent on it for so many years? Ain't saying it's not good, but frankly I would not discard this as a factor for it to keep strong for so long too. TERA tho, what do you lose for stopping for a while? Your old parcels on mail and get kicked from guilds. Done. It's easy to just enter and leave, then come back later.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭
    xodn0804 wrote: »
    I've been playing this game since the close beta (I was selected luckily). Since then, I've been loyal and played this game despite all other great mmorpg games out on the market: Guild War 2, World of Warcraft, Black Desert Online, Blade and Soul, Diabol 3. There are reasons why I chose Tera over them. At early stage of this game, everyone was astonished by the graphic and great scenery of the game with of course the great combat style. In addition to in game features, GMs and Staff of EME were very nice and close with the user. I've had few chances to even do PvP against Non-God mode GMs in FWC and even on the field. But now, i feel like you guys cut the bridges with the user and only focused on bringing more grinding events and updating the stores. If you guys want to find out why popularity of this game is decreasing, should honestly do a legit survey with many options for users to choose from.
    Interaction brings community in one and right now I feel like community is segregated due to failure of you guys' part on acknowledging the problem. Most difficult yet easiest part in fixing Tera and bring the old days back (in terms of popularity and population) is to acknowledge the failure and try to intake opinions with open mind and apply them. Communicate with us in regards to your plans on future of Tera.

Great guilds and great people have left because of these reasons. I feel like this game consistently recycles the dungeons and takes way too long to come up with new contents. Once content comes out, people come back to try it again for few weeks to months and than realizes that they have reached dead end again. PvP server with no PvP action other than Battle ground is bummer. I don't know how rest of the community feels like but pay to win have gotten game A LOT easier.

I like everything you said except for listing blade and soul as a great game lol. I feel like if eme told bhs ( and showed proof ) that people weren't happy with tera and refused to spend anymore money on the game until many or most of the issues were fixed, maybe then bhs would listen. until then, bhs is going to do what they want and theres nothing we or eme can do about it. so speak with your purse or wallet if you want people to listen to you. and hopefully eme can pass that on the bhs, but as long as people are spending, then they ....bhs .., feel like theres nothing wrong.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    They do comment on some issues with the game, sometimes on Stream, but all they can do really is repeat the same statement worded differently over and over. We've already been shown BHS prefers their own vision above everything, and they've indirectly said this themselves a while ago. For examples on this, see the issues over releasing the dragon mounts, or the multiple issues with pvp, or the class 'revamps' that don't take moderate or high ping into consideration, and so on. Most changes into the game that NA would like, if not all, mostly only come when their home market ends up sharing the same complaints as NA. NA has generally detested the enchanting system, especially Awakening, but no changes until recently (in Korea) but only because Koreans brought up the issue in an interview they had a while back.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    I feel like if eme told bhs ( and showed proof ) that people weren't happy with tera and refused to spend anymore money on the game until many or most of the issues were fixed, maybe then bhs would listen. until then, bhs is going to do what they want and theres nothing we or eme can do about it. so speak with your purse or wallet if you want people to listen to you. and hopefully eme can pass that on the bhs, but as long as people are spending, then they ....bhs .., feel like theres nothing wrong.

Well, first, there is something somewhat disjointed about just taking the forum feedback on its own without actually having the numbers. Like, when people say "the game is dead" or "the server is dead" it doesn't necessarily actually correlate to a huge drop in raw numbers of players on EME's metrics. It usually means something a little bit more subtle than that (about the patch boredom cycle, LFG numbers, etc.). Same when people complain about lootboxes and various things sold on the store -- some people may complain about a thing, but if the numbers show that it's still selling, the truth is a lot more subtle. They have to put the feedback in context by balancing it against the rest of the data.

But that said... your whole premise still revolves around this idea that "BHS needs us" -- that we're an essential market and without us they'd been in deep trouble as a company, and thus they'd be compelled to take action. But it's equally possible that they could just call our bluff. If the cost of doing what we want far exceeds the expected return and it isn't aligned with what the other global markets want, then we simply won't win the fight. If the whole market dried up, they could just retire TERA from NA and keep it going in other markets where it's still working, and they'd probably be just fine. Even EME is trying to diversify so all their eggs aren't in one basket. Obviously this is not what either company wants, and I think they'll be able to stick it out for a few more years yet, but even the "vote with your wallet" idea has its limits.

(Usually, when you're in this type of situation politically or in business, the most important thing is to pick your battles carefully.)
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this current team, they take suggestions openly and in some cases, effective immediately the accept suggestions, they are active in game and in forums, announcements are improved, you can see maintenance announcements easier now. Patch Notes improved, support hella improved. I like this, Thanks my good EME team.
  • Why can't we start with simple stuff. GMs actually take their time and participate in game features with users. ?