Ideas for improving existing BGs

Comments

• Dendraco wrote: »
    Honestly my favorite parts of previous patches with seperated PvP and PvE gear is that you could buy the design of the VM gear through BG credits as well as the mats and belt, I feel like this should be brought back, while I do like potentially getting instantly rewarded for winning a BG I don't like the "chance" of getting the material you need to craft a piece, with grinding credits you know you'll get rewarded with what you want at the end of it and I liked that satisfaction, personally I feel like putting the deathwrack crafting materials, designs, and more importantly the belt which can only be obtained through PvE should be implemented into a BG credit system like previous times where gearing was a lot more fun for PvPers, I genuinely enjoyed the previous credit system and would love to have it back.

Though I never got a set of conflate because the credit requirement for that was absolutely absurd so make the cost reasonable please
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    I love PVP and im really happy you are taking suggestions from the community here are a few things:

1. Allow players to queue for multiple BGs at once is a Great idea

2. Unequalized FWC. Please make this happen! Now with dual option most players dont have a problem gearing for it. This will also give PVPers a reason to gear

3. FWC pyre points should be increased. Not the points for capping but the points for keeping multiple pyres. The other points should remain the same

4. Add rewards for leading. right now it is terrible for leaders and I feel sorry for them

5. Class balance mainly the broken classes: Valk and Reapers need balancing in PVP. They are both way to strong and ruin a lot of the fun in PVP. ESPECIALLY VALKYRIE

6. A small buff to the Bombs in CS. Make them do around 70K damage so it isnt enough to 1 shot but 2 bombs is enough to kill people. Currently even if 2 bombs hit a group at the same time they all still live.

7. Make Kumas include all levels. I have no idea why it was changed

8. Make PVP gearing a little less RNG by removing HP pots (both rejuvenation and health potion) and battle solution potion from the rewards boxes. It is honestly pretty sad trying hard PVPing for a freaking potion and you cant even use in PVP and is not worth anything! Also increase the amount of Feed Stock and Omni Ore from the chest. 30 Feedstock would be fair and 5 omni ore
  • Eclipse555 wrote: »
    Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    - Not sure what this would accomplish

It was a suggestion made to combat nasty behavior in BGs. There are a lot of toxic players that flame people every time they lose, and a lot of the time it goes unreported to customer support. Some kind of positive reinforcement could help the situation.
  • Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

its not reward, its punishment. it discourages players to play and enjoy BG.

Better rewards = motivation, its just simple as that.

I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.
  • GhibliiGhiblii ✭✭
    edited July 19
    Bring back unequalized FWC.
    - Heck no
    Improve vote kicking. Require fewer votes and less time before a player can be kicked.
    - Eh.. people get kicked for no reason and it gets kind of annoying, they should only be allowed to get kicked for being offline or inactive, being 1 [filtered] player doesn't affect that much.

Increase the HP/Defense of gates in CS.
    - Didn't this already happen? It takes up to 3-4 minutes without tanks already.

Greatly increase the damage done by bombs in CS.
    -This is a good one specially when you have to hold a choke

Increase the HP of the Anchorstone in CS.
    -I mean this is more of a 50/50 if getting that one last hit to win in a game then keep it as is, most of the time it just makes the game longer and more dull if it was increased

Increase the difficulty of BAMs in FWC.
    -Yes please
  • Have leaderboards maybe? People love recognition
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.

Aren't the rewards part of the experience though. It feels pretty bad pulling off a close fwc game to get 1 ominous ore.

As other feedback, try digging in on any possible way BHS can improve matchmaking. It sucks if your team gets 2 healers and the other gets 5 as an example, or you only have mystics and the other team only has priests. Other team getting 3 lancers, your team has no tanks, they have like 4 valks etc. Class balance is poor, equalized gear is poor making some classes stand out even more.

Or if anything please dear BHS give us stun reduction on earrings.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

Aren't the rewards part of the experience though. It feels pretty bad pulling off a close fwc game to get 1 ominous ore.

As other feedback, try digging in on any possible way BHS can improve matchmaking. It sucks if your team gets 2 healers and the other gets 5 as an example, or you only have mystics and the other team only has priests. Other team getting 3 lancers, your team has no tanks, they have like 4 valks etc. Class balance is poor, equalized gear is poor making some classes stand out even more.

Or if anything please dear BHS give us stun reduction on earrings.

I don't think the issue is class balancing, but more so, some classes being harder than others. From what I've seen, all classes hit liek trucks in Bgs.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭
    edited July 19
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    The multiple que suggestion is nice, but won't be as big an improvement with current BGs having one map a day as power hour. If you were to change to double BG power hour layout, then it would help. For example, if 3s and grid were the power hours of the day, those that don't like 3s have a secondary option to choose, and those that don't care can just que for both to speed things up.

but that might dilute the queue-players and impact the queue times.
    maybe if they were different hours. you still have the options in the day but each bg gets it's own time. whoever wants does both, but if you wanna chose you still have the option. times could cycle too. or else you divide the wanna-do players by 2.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭
    if lowbie and level 65 can fight together like before in bg it will be a big improvement and a reason i can play tera more seriously instead to be afk with my cute elin in velika B)
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

As other feedback...

They are, I just want to keep the discussion focused on how BGs play and how they've changed (or could be changed) over time. Rewards are honestly a bit of an afterthought unless you're talking about changing how they're distributed during the course of a match.

Just to throw out a couple crazy ideas...

What if CS gave slightly larger rewards to players who completed small objectives during a match like:
    • Got the most kills.
    • Got the most assists.
    • Did the most damage to a gate.
    • Did the most damage to the anchorstone.
    • Capped an enemy-controlled pyre.
    • Was in a ship with 3 other people.
    • Killed three people with a siege weapon.
    • Guarded a ladder for more then three minutes.

What if FWC had random elements thrown in like:
    • Boss BAMs that circle the map and create a moving hazard.
    • Randomized gate/fence openings that provide alternate access to the water.
    • Large 15-second buffs that overpower a team right after capping a pyre.
    • A single-use AOE rez ability for healer classes to turn the tide of a battle.
    • Additional raid leader abilities (like map scan).

(Some of these would drastically change the way FWC plays out, but each individual thing wouldn't really need an overhaul of the battleground. FWC would still be FWC. You cap pyres, you kill BAMs and players, you get points to win.)
  • I'd really like to see a 1v1 battleground with rewards and unequalized gear. The introduction of the dual enchant system has opened up the option for everyone to roll pvp gears if they so choose. Yes, I know that it allows the possibility of abuse in some ways. and also Yes, i get that healers would be at a disadvantage. But, I think it would be a nice addition to pvp life if there were rewards for a dueling battleground.
  • Spurly wrote: »
    I'd really like to see a 1v1 battleground with rewards and unequalized gear. The introduction of the dual enchant system has opened up the option for everyone to roll pvp gears if they so choose. Yes, I know that it allows the possibility of abuse in some ways. and also Yes, i get that healers would be at a disadvantage. But, I think it would be a nice addition to pvp life if there were rewards for a dueling battleground.

1v1 is too unbalanced with ping there is 20 ping reapers and valks who can just 1 combo u so ez very unfair
  • MistrussMistruss ✭✭
    edited July 19
    Class balance in Battle Grounds has always been a larger issue, but it has become even more evident with the introduction of Valkyrie.

They're currently the most mobile, have the most crowd control, deal the most damage, and have the most survivable for a DPS class. What makes it all the more upsetting is that they're the easiest class to PvP with.

As suggested by another member in this thread, it's highly advised to set a limit on how many of the same class can enter the battleground at the same time. These days both sides just takes a look at how many Valkyries are on each team and expect to either win or lose.

• PoofcatPoofcat ✭✭
    Unequalized FWC, pyres becoming more important, and multiqueues sound like really good ideas.

If I could make a recommendation that isn't on this list, it would be to buff heals or at least give healers tankier gear when in equalized. I know the reasoning for them being in the situation they are is that if heals are too strong, games will go on forever. Problem is that it is already difficult for healers to do their job with nerfed attack speed, endurance, and CDR - but after dealing with that, having to hit someone with a heal 6 times to get them to full health is really awful. Healers kind of need one of the other, because being weak as well as healing for nothing just makes them useless, especially when a lot of other classes "equalized" gear actually buffs them to the point where they kill healers in two hits.

The vote kicking one is the only one I would vouch specifically against. A lot of people currently start votekicks for personal grudges/minor things/no apparent reason, and sometimes the rest of the team just mindlessly assumes the worst and mashes accept so the game starts at a disadvantage.