Ideas for improving existing BGs

Comments

• Eclipse555 wrote: »
    Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    - Not sure what this would accomplish

It was a suggestion made to combat nasty behavior in BGs. There are a lot of toxic players that flame people every time they lose, and a lot of the time it goes unreported to customer support. Some kind of positive reinforcement could help the situation.
  • Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

its not reward, its punishment. it discourages players to play and enjoy BG.

Better rewards = motivation, its just simple as that.

I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.
  • GhibliiGhiblii ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Bring back unequalized FWC.
    - Heck no
    Improve vote kicking. Require fewer votes and less time before a player can be kicked.
    - Eh.. people get kicked for no reason and it gets kind of annoying, they should only be allowed to get kicked for being offline or inactive, being 1 [filtered] player doesn't affect that much.

Increase the HP/Defense of gates in CS.
    - Didn't this already happen? It takes up to 3-4 minutes without tanks already.

Greatly increase the damage done by bombs in CS.
    -This is a good one specially when you have to hold a choke

Increase the HP of the Anchorstone in CS.
    -I mean this is more of a 50/50 if getting that one last hit to win in a game then keep it as is, most of the time it just makes the game longer and more dull if it was increased

Increase the difficulty of BAMs in FWC.
    -Yes please
  • Have leaderboards maybe? People love recognition
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

I appreciate your post but this isn't about motivating people to play BGs because of better rewards. The goal here is to get ideas from players who play a lot of BGs and collect ideas on how to improve the experience.

Aren't the rewards part of the experience though. It feels pretty bad pulling off a close fwc game to get 1 ominous ore.

As other feedback, try digging in on any possible way BHS can improve matchmaking. It sucks if your team gets 2 healers and the other gets 5 as an example, or you only have mystics and the other team only has priests. Other team getting 3 lancers, your team has no tanks, they have like 4 valks etc. Class balance is poor, equalized gear is poor making some classes stand out even more.

Or if anything please dear BHS give us stun reduction on earrings.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Remove the stupid HP potion, 5 tier 12 fs, and 3 omin ore from victory box and replace them with better rewards pls.

Aren't the rewards part of the experience though. It feels pretty bad pulling off a close fwc game to get 1 ominous ore.

As other feedback, try digging in on any possible way BHS can improve matchmaking. It sucks if your team gets 2 healers and the other gets 5 as an example, or you only have mystics and the other team only has priests. Other team getting 3 lancers, your team has no tanks, they have like 4 valks etc. Class balance is poor, equalized gear is poor making some classes stand out even more.

I don't think the issue is class balancing, but more so, some classes being harder than others. From what I've seen, all classes hit liek trucks in Bgs.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    The multiple que suggestion is nice, but won't be as big an improvement with current BGs having one map a day as power hour. If you were to change to double BG power hour layout, then it would help. For example, if 3s and grid were the power hours of the day, those that don't like 3s have a secondary option to choose, and those that don't care can just que for both to speed things up.

but that might dilute the queue-players and impact the queue times.
    maybe if they were different hours. you still have the options in the day but each bg gets it's own time. whoever wants does both, but if you wanna chose you still have the option. times could cycle too. or else you divide the wanna-do players by 2.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    if lowbie and level 65 can fight together like before in bg it will be a big improvement and a reason i can play tera more seriously instead to be afk with my cute elin in velika B)
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »

As other feedback...

They are, I just want to keep the discussion focused on how BGs play and how they've changed (or could be changed) over time. Rewards are honestly a bit of an afterthought unless you're talking about changing how they're distributed during the course of a match.

Just to throw out a couple crazy ideas...

What if CS gave slightly larger rewards to players who completed small objectives during a match like:
    • Got the most kills.
    • Got the most assists.
    • Did the most damage to a gate.
    • Did the most damage to the anchorstone.
    • Capped an enemy-controlled pyre.
    • Was in a ship with 3 other people.
    • Killed three people with a siege weapon.
    • Guarded a ladder for more then three minutes.

What if FWC had random elements thrown in like:
    • Boss BAMs that circle the map and create a moving hazard.
    • Randomized gate/fence openings that provide alternate access to the water.
    • Large 15-second buffs that overpower a team right after capping a pyre.
    • A single-use AOE rez ability for healer classes to turn the tide of a battle.
    • Additional raid leader abilities (like map scan).

(Some of these would drastically change the way FWC plays out, but each individual thing wouldn't really need an overhaul of the battleground. FWC would still be FWC. You cap pyres, you kill BAMs and players, you get points to win.)
  • I'd really like to see a 1v1 battleground with rewards and unequalized gear. The introduction of the dual enchant system has opened up the option for everyone to roll pvp gears if they so choose. Yes, I know that it allows the possibility of abuse in some ways. and also Yes, i get that healers would be at a disadvantage. But, I think it would be a nice addition to pvp life if there were rewards for a dueling battleground.
  • Spurly wrote: »
    I'd really like to see a 1v1 battleground with rewards and unequalized gear. The introduction of the dual enchant system has opened up the option for everyone to roll pvp gears if they so choose. Yes, I know that it allows the possibility of abuse in some ways. and also Yes, i get that healers would be at a disadvantage. But, I think it would be a nice addition to pvp life if there were rewards for a dueling battleground.

1v1 is too unbalanced with ping there is 20 ping reapers and valks who can just 1 combo u so ez very unfair
  • MistrussMistruss ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Class balance in Battle Grounds has always been a larger issue, but it has become even more evident with the introduction of Valkyrie.

They're currently the most mobile, have the most crowd control, deal the most damage, and have the most survivable for a DPS class. What makes it all the more upsetting is that they're the easiest class to PvP with.

As suggested by another member in this thread, it's highly advised to set a limit on how many of the same class can enter the battleground at the same time. These days both sides just takes a look at how many Valkyries are on each team and expect to either win or lose.

• Unequalized FWC, pyres becoming more important, and multiqueues sound like really good ideas.

If I could make a recommendation that isn't on this list, it would be to buff heals or at least give healers tankier gear when in equalized. I know the reasoning for them being in the situation they are is that if heals are too strong, games will go on forever. Problem is that it is already difficult for healers to do their job with nerfed attack speed, endurance, and CDR - but after dealing with that, having to hit someone with a heal 6 times to get them to full health is really awful. Healers kind of need one of the other, because being weak as well as healing for nothing just makes them useless, especially when a lot of other classes "equalized" gear actually buffs them to the point where they kill healers in two hits.

The vote kicking one is the only one I would vouch specifically against. A lot of people currently start votekicks for personal grudges/minor things/no apparent reason, and sometimes the rest of the team just mindlessly assumes the worst and mashes accept so the game starts at a disadvantage.
  • jrtsevenjrtseven ✭✭✭
    Opinion of a veteran PvPer, (if you want your game to die please ignore)

Loot:

Reduce drop rate of HP Potions by 20% across all bg's loot tables
    Make HP Potions stacks of 10 rather than individual
    Increase T11 feedstock to a random amount between 20 and 50
    Reduce drop rate of dragon's scales by 20%
    Increase stack of dragon's scale from 3 to 5
    Increase stack of War Keybadges from 1 - 3 to 2 - 5

Do not increase the drop rate of VM materials, but make the other rewards feel meaningful. Currently, people don't want to farm the boxes due to fear of bad RNG resulting in a complete waste of time.

Skyring specific loot:

Increase droprate of feedstock by 20%, decrease the drop rate of HP Potions by an additional 20%.

This has the potential to be the fastest popping BG as well as the fastest completed BG, so it makes sense that the drop rate of HP potions are higher. As previously stated, making the HP potions drop in stacks of 10 will make them moderately more meaningful. Increasing the drop rate of feedstock will encourage people to continue to queue despite having less than ideal luck with drops.

Skyring changes (Solo):

Tooltip upon entry (toggled off in options) specifying a moderately correct crystal setup for each class role.
    Add 7.2% CDR line to weapon
    Add two additional 8% HP lines to the chest
    Draws do not result in a loss of rating

Currently, the pace in solo queue is too slow, and redundantly too punishing as well. Adding a CDR line will make the PvP more akin to team queue without revamping all the stats and gear. Adding more HP lines to the chest will force players to use their 'one shot' abilities more tactfully, and make the flow of the matches more akin to team queue as well.

Skyring changes (Team):

Remove the maximum rating gap between teams (So you will eventually pop regardless of rating)
    Players with an item level below 430 will receive a full set of +12 conflate, PvP rolled, as well as mid-tier PvP rolled jewelry for the duration of the battleground
    Draws do not result in a loss of rating

Team queue is the last remaining competitive goal now that leaderboards, crusades, alliance, vanarchy, and tournaments are nonexistant. Teams need to pop against each other over time regardless of rating gap, as the community is currently too small.

Add an equalized gear option that has actual usable stats (since none of you at EME play your own game, make sure to consult with PvPers to confirm the correct rolls) that will be enabled below a certain item level. This enables people without BiS gear to compete in a competitive environment, without punishing the players that worked for their BiS gear.

Fraywind changes:

Remove automatic equalization of gear
    Players with an item level below 430 will receive a full set of +12 conflate, PvP rolled, as well as mid-tier PvP rolled jewelry for the duration of the battleground
    2/3 captured points give an additional 2 point per second. 3/3 capture points give an additional 4 points per second
    Remove loser buff

Add an equalized gear option that has actual usable stats (since none of you at EME play your own game, make sure to consult with PvPers to confirm the correct rolls) that will be enabled below a certain item level. This enables people without BiS gear to compete in a competitive environment, without punishing the players that worked for their BiS gear.[/i]

Gridiron changes:

Gridiron specific loot boxes share the same drop table as Gridiron victory boxes
    Reduce damage of bombs by 40%
    Increase duration of bomb debuff by 60% (Cannot be healed)

Gridiron specific loot boxes are bad. Because grid does not offer the multiple box mechanic for high ranking players, allow the gridiron specific boxes to contain useful rewards as well.

Bombs should be used strategically to engage a fight, not to one-shot people. Reduce the damage to enable micro counterplay, while adding duration to the debuff as to give a strong opening to the team that is engaging.

Corsair's Stronghold changes:

Loot table now identical to Fraywind
    Increase the HP of inner gate by 20%
    Increase damage of bombs by 40%
    Siege weapon destruction also results in the death of the player controlling it

Corsair's is in a good state currently, although the rewards are lacking. It's absurd to reward a 20 minute strategic victory with a health potion.

Gate/bomb changes will reward both attacking and defending teams for meaningful decisions, and punish them for bad decisions.

General changes:

You can queue for as many battlegrounds as you want concurrently
    Re-introduce pre-crusade leaderboards
    Leaderboards reset monthly
    Places 1-5 in each battleground receive 5x Diamonds ea. Places 6-15 receive 3x Diamonds ea. 16-50 receive 1x Diamond ea. 51-100 receive 1x Emerald ea.

Multiple BG queue is a long overdue feature.

Leaderboards are essential to any game that has battlegrounds. Reward your players for using your game as a competitive venue, considering you don't do any tournaments anymore. Make the leaderboards visible, as they were pre-crusade. This in combination with the top 100 rewards will increase the quality and volume of BGs. It will also help EME identify the win trading players.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »

Rewards aren't really apart of the experience unless that's the only reason you would do BGs. Reward focused BGs lower the quality of the experience of BGs due to people who don't care for them queuing up for them specifically to farm the rewards. Then you also run into issues with exploitation for rewards anytime it's high.

A better way to get pvp going is make the BGs enjoyable and competitive as a whole with the rewards being in line with what pve rewards.