[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ideas for improving existing BGs

13468925

Comments

  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Palomina wrote: »
    xoBarb wrote: »
    onlyharu wrote: »
    anyone who is crying aobut valk, read my following message: "you suck" beacause i can beat any valk with my warrior if i block correctly. thej only class is broken is reaper! andi agree with JXE5356AKE comment

    ur trolling

    Warrior much more cancerous in 1v1 than valk but believe what you want.

    With warrior you have time to scratch your nuts or but.t and you see what is happening to you but With Val, what just happened? what nuts what butts? Yeah, that's the difference I think :p

    Thats what I am trying to say. Valk feels op because the class has enough damage to kill people in one combo , nothing special. They are getting nerfs to pvp damage,backstab and bloodflower stun duration. So, the warrior will stay the king of 1v1.
  • ReyaReya ✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I'd like to get some player opinions together on ways to improve the existing Battlegrounds in TERA. Mainly looking for medium and small tweaks to the maps and mechanics. Things we can suggest to Bluehole that wouldn't require major a overhaul, but would be great quality of life changes to keep BGs interesting. Think about what your idea would look like if you saw it written as a patch note.

    For example, here are some things I've seen from players in the past:
    • Allow players to queue for multiple BGs at once. yes
    • Bring back unequalized FWC. yes
    • Improve vote kicking. Require fewer votes and less time before a player can be kicked. NO, already have certain players/guilds kicking other players/guilds every time they end up on the sane team just because they are in an "enemy" guild
    • Implement a post-game honor system for players with great attitudes.
    • Increase the HP/Defense of gates in CS. yes
    • Greatly increase the damage done by bombs in CS. yes
    • Increase the HP of the Anchorstone in CS. yes
    • Increase the difficulty of BAMs in FWC.
    • Adjust the point ratio in FWC to make pyres more important. No, already have people totally focused on capping pyres and not helping guildies pvp. this is especially difficult when u get on a team where healers only focus on solo capping
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    -Bring back unequalized FWC.

    Just this, omg.
  • Cutechan wrote: »
    -Bring back unequalized FWC.

    Just this, omg.

    Already on its way :)
  • StrawberrypantsStrawberrypants ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Re: suggestions to gridiron bomb nerfs, I'd say no to that one despite how strong and obnoxious they are (and even though the visual indicator doesn't always load.) Oftentimes a well-placed bomb is the only way to turn the tide after a loss after the initial fight, allowing the losing team to recover.
  • luneruluneru ✭✭
    Fraywind Canyon:


    - Make one mob for red and blue buff, people usually just kill the big one for the buff and leave the little ones so it doesn't respawn.
    - For the pyres, I do think slightly increasing the points giving to KEEPING pyres would be good. Just please reduce the amount of contribution points given for capping, we have too many capping heroes in FWC now as it is.
    - Increase the HP of bams, they die far too quickly.
    - Make it that people can stop glitching up the rocks near north and south pyre to only afk, it's really annoying.

    Cosairs:

    - Please NO do not increase the HP of gates, it's buffed enough. The Anchorstone however needs a slight buff in hp.
    - Bombs probably need a slight buff, but please don't make it one shot people, that would be unfair.
    - Give leader more reward boxes for a win or something, being a leader in CS is hard enough when people don't listen, no one wants to lead since credits were removed.
    - Make it more clear that the second round timer can only reach as long as the first round. I'm tired of having to explain this to people.

    Gridiron:

    - Fix the top respawn/starting platform, there's too many invisible walls and it's really awkward to jump down to the floor and then to the bottom floor at the beginning. My character often gets stuck in landing animation, I feel like it's not really efficient.
    - Make bombers more visible, just make the icon on top of their head have a color or something, many times I don't see any indication at all and I just have to look for someone rushing into a crowd. Getting bombed could easily cost a match in there.
    - Remove the side respawn on the bottom floor, I'm talking about the one in the corner where the invisible statue used to be. It just feels really bad to spawn there, given the enemy can spawn right behind you and backstab.
    - Increase healers' heals, it's still far too low that they feel rather useless and more would probably queue up if it were slightly buffed again.

    Other things to note:

    - Put stun reduction on earrings for EQ gear please!!
    - Either remove 65 kumas BG or make it for all levels. Impossible to get achievements for it.
    - Remove the tank/siege BG, no one queues for that.
    - Make it that players cannot queue up with missing crystals.
  • MoeBunnyMoeBunny ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Is it possible to have the Victory Boxes from battlegrounds drop more than 1 thing?

    what if the victory boxes were guaranteed to drop (All together):
    -Tokens (for PvP accessories/mats/etc)
    -1 Rejuvenation Potion
    -10 Ore
    -50 Feedstock
    -1 of the following randomly (Vm Material, Etching box, Dyad structure, Goddesses Gemstone, Bonanza Box)

    Then for the PvP accessories/mats use tokens to obtain them like the crocstar ones
    (this is just a suggestion. wasn't sure how much would be too much for the amounts :( )
  • AluryaAlurya ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I play Tera since 2012, so I saw a lot of good modifications and some bad ones ( like removing the aliance content, the killing spree and bellicarium credits). Those things and some others nearly killed the PVP. So, Here are my suggestions to make BG’s great again.

    Corsair strongahold

    - There is amost no point in use bombs, they should take at least half of HP. So ppl would have to be more careful with bombs and one or two bombs could change the course of the game.

    - Make it available for lvl 30+ or 40+, so if a low lvl player is not skilled at least we have faster queues and they can help with using tanks, sieges or bombs.

    - More HP for tanks, they break like glass lol.
    - Nobody wants to be the leader, so we need a enchatment in the prizes for them, like double boxes, or a ranking with the bests leaders wich gives the top ones exclusives prizes.

    - I know we cant argue with phisics, but can u pls do something with that fall damage, its bad when u engage in a fight with 30 % less Hp because u fell.

    Fraywind

    Its the same mechanics for ages: Wipe mid > north > mid again> South (wait at the beach first) tera 3:40 > mid again > north (wait at the beach first) naga 5:40 > mid again > tera (wait at the beach first) South 8:40 >and bla bla bla or worst everybody give up and its swim dream team time.

    -We should have other things to do, not the same rotation. Like each party of 5 ppl having a specific job in the game like, killing bams ( add some new Bams pls, with more HP, endurance and damge) that spawns at the same time, breaking some crystals that gives points.] or buffs

    - Other idea is to have a flag for both teams, and one play carries. So if the other team gets the flag they receive points until the other team gets it back.

    Kuma royale

    - Its dead, so make it available for lvl 20+ . But I prefer the old kuma, players vs Kumas.

    Skyring, Gridiron and iron battleground

    I do sometimes, but not to much, so I can’t say anything.

    Regarding loot

    Bring back the old credits system, u took the option from the player to choose what to do with his profits. Like make gold with bonanza boxes or crystals, craft designs or materials. Now we have RNGjesus to look up for us. Last time I had 4 losses and 1 victory, wasted more than a 1 hour to get prime battle solution as loot from that one box. In the old sytem with the credtis from the losses i could at least get something. Dont get me wrong, I love the PvP, I do it for the fun, but this new system its too RNG based. I want the option to choose.

    In general

    - We could use some charms in BG’s, because each player has a play style, some like more speed, others more damage, defense, HP, etc. So we could craft those charms with materials from gathering in the open world, wich is pretty much dead, sadly. Or we could buy them with vanguard credits, merchants, etc. Or other ideia is to have a vault ( like aliance vault) that drops pvp chams.

    - We need new crystals for PVP, that suits each class better. Some classes are in disadvantage because of that.

    - Bring back the seasonal BG’s rankings. With categories that rewards: Most kills, less deaths, more assistances, most times been a leader of the team ( I think this one is pretty nice, been a leader its not easy).

    - Reduce the PVP damage of all classes so we can enjoy better the fights, its pretty annoying went from 100% HP to 0 in one single combo, althought I do that too lol. Especially reduce for valkyrie pvp damage and ajust some Cd skills, I have one and I like a lot, but it feels so unbalanced.

    -We need some improvements in the game. I have a really good Pc and connection, but the game in BG's runs like a potato, even tho I can play amost every game in ultra high settings.

    I know this is not the place, but since the staff is reading, I hope, pls give us a option, cosmetic item, to mach the tail and the hair colors. Pls it’s been so long lololo. My elin is blonde and the tail is black, noooo I want the same color lol. And u guys could make a lot of $$$$ with this idea, I would buy instatly a comestic to change the tails’ color of my 3 elins lol. o:)o:)





  • Reset perfil status.
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Quick question for the people suggesting fixing EQ gear or having free selfchangeable gear for PvP:
    This is an MMORPG in which people play for the social activities, and/or for the feeling of constantly developing a character (and his/her gear). We already know from past experiences that if the BG shops/rewards are empty, the BG's are empty.

    If you had free/eq gear that would be the same for everyone, what rewards would still make people play the bg's?

    The simple thing is, the average player will always play things that he/she thinks are worth the time for the rewards they're getting.
    The competitive player, will play what he sees as a "fair" challenge. (or a chance at one, for example with the current gear sets the odds of actually getting a balanced match where both teams are good and geared are quite small. but they still queue for the chance of that good match. Despite popular beliefs, most premades don't just premade because "lul we're gonna roflstomp lololol", the premades that do rarely are even good players)
    anyway my point here is:
    you want the mechanics, the rules, and the balancing that the competitive players find appealing.
    You want the rewards, and the general sense that they have a reasonable chance to win, for "average" players. You can make them sense that by reducing gear gaps, balanced teams (dont put premades on the same team if possible. if one team has a premade and the other doesnt then give the team that doesnt the higher rated players). As for the rewards, you can either carefully balance something that people would want at the right odds/price (preferred) or you could bruteforce people into playing pvp by making something important only (VM mat for example) available through BG's.



    Anyway, on some already mentioned points+ some more:
    removing EQ gear: yes for the abovementioned reasons. However if we could get for example a specialized version of BGs for lvl 1-64 only, then i think EQ gear would be great in those.

    Kick timer: oh dear god please remove it.

    FWC Pyre points: Yes they should give a lot more for holding the pyres. (also maybe nerf the kill points a bit or it'll end too fast). Making this happen will force teams to split more to defend, which will remove the constant 15man zerg we have right now.

    MultiQueue: Am slightly afraid people will be more inclined to queue for nonEQ bg's before they have any gear with this. But I would definitely love this if gear sets were quite close together.

    Small ideas:
    Give people a warning message when queueing for BG's with PVE/missing crystals with a nice picture of what crystals are preferred.

    In case there isn't a way you guys could balance a cheap pvp set to be viable in BG's: Set all +15 items to +12 in mass BG's. Not really a huge fan of this myself but the gap is just too high on this point for new players.

    Remove EQ from solo 3's-> make team 3's more rewarding than solo. Now the reason for this is not the same as mentioned above.
    The reason for this one, is that because of EQ gear people are treating it as a farming BG instead of a training BG for team 3's. Even with EQ gear, this is not a place for people new to TERA PvP to be at. Right now people constantly get angry because people on their team aren't ready to go in, and since they have no way of knowing this until the match is already underway, they can't really do anything but rage and take the loss. In an unEQ setting, you could still use it as a farming BG, but only if you have at least a general sense of PvP mechanics. Which will also make for better training for other players who want to get ready for team 3's.
    People who still go in with no gear, will simply instantly get a kick with a 'friendly' message of: "go get some gear first and practice in FWC" instead of midmatch "OMG DO YOU EVEN KNOW WTF UR DOING UR [filtered]"

    Leaderboards: For team 3's i think this should definitely be in there. If BHS someday makes a balanced new small scale pvp BG then for that as well.
    However, don't have leaderboards for BG's that put people you have no control over on your team. This will just lead to people raging on their team. In team 3's, you have nobody to blame but yourself and the people you picked to play with. Leaderboards for individual performances could in theory work on bigger bg's. however make sure that if this is implemented that it's not something people will actively ignore the rest of the game for in order to achieve (capping pyres all game long instead of playing for example)



    also completely unrelated: Bring back the gear remodeler. i'm still upset about that one.
  • @spacecats I suggest you add reward boxes and a jackpot day on the calendar for kumas royale and iron battleground please
  • GearsSick wrote: »
    Bring back the Leaderboards
    Equalize team skyring
    Get rid of kuma and tank bg all together
    New maps for the bgs we've been playing the same maps for 5+ years

    Vote kicking is fine as is, if you make kicking any easier its going to get abused. Don't buff the bombs in cs, we want players to work

    on their teamwork and skill not 1 shot entire raids while not being able to be staggered/stunned. The gates in cs do need to be buffed, i've been in

    raids that break in less than 1 min.

    Save your toxic opinion about kumas if you do not like do not play it nobody forces you
    GearsSick wrote: »
    Bring back the Leaderboards
    Equalize team skyring
    Get rid of kuma and tank bg all together
    New maps for the bgs we've been playing the same maps for 5+ years

    Vote kicking is fine as is, if you make kicking any easier its going to get abused. Don't buff the bombs in cs, we want players to work

    on their teamwork and skill not 1 shot entire raids while not being able to be staggered/stunned. The gates in cs do need to be buffed, i've been in

    raids that break in less than 1 min.

    Save your toxic opinion about kumas if you do not like do not play it nobody forces you >:)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    weren't win/loss tokens suggested a long time ago their should be some sort of currency now that we dont have credits but its up to EME/BHS on the loots and how balanced it could be maybe equal to pve or pvp but also have to keep in mind coming in a few months maybe we will have the new gear progression patch so should also think about the future as well as now

    also why can only pvers get best in slot gear there should be a way for pvp players to get best in slot gear too even if it takes longer or more grindy pvp only players should not be excluded

    I think EME could use something similar to anniversary tokens in battlegrounds, they can keep the victory box and the scroll for those who lose but they could also add ie. 5 tokens for victory and 1 for lose.

    With this in mind they could come with the tradeable prices with tokens like ie. envy crystals 50 tokens, bonanza box 10 tokens, keytrumph badge 10 tokens...

    There is much EME could do to reward those who run battlegrounds without have BHS make a huge investment because EME staff could handle those kind of things perfectly.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    Quick question for the people suggesting fixing EQ gear or having free selfchangeable gear for PvP:
    This is an MMORPG in which people play for the social activities, and/or for the feeling of constantly developing a character (and his/her gear). We already know from past experiences that if the BG shops/rewards are empty, the BG's are empty.

    If you had free/eq gear that would be the same for everyone, what rewards would still make people play the bg's?
    First of all Spacecats said to not talk about rewards in this thread, so that's your problem for ignoring him. Secondly, don't speak about what people play a game for as you're not an ambassador. Statistics speak louder, anyway, and no I am not talking about rewards (because once again it's on first post).

    Why do you speak of experience? Have you even participated or asked people around on EU how the equalized Skyring event went? I actually played (since well I played mostly on EU to begin with). You don't have any. Yes it was very active, but I've said it many times before and honestly it's pointless since you're like a fish that can be told the world out of the sea is big but will never accept it because all you can see is under the sea and think that's how everyone lives their life. Not saying rewards aren't important, but they're step 2, not 1 (and anyway not for this thread).

    Let's talk about other, much more active PvP MMO games, that prove you wrong:

    Guild Wars 2, worse combat, and yet has real esports, much more active PvP, and nothing to do with any rewards.
    Blade & Soul, also has esports and arena actually pops, it does actually have rewards and it's also f2p though; so what separates it from TERA's arena is equalization.
    Dragon's Nest, also (had? not sure if it still has, long time since I cared about it) esports, with tournament/equalized arena mode (not just during actual tournament).
    World of Warcraft, Overwatch -- keep in mind TERA isn't fully eq either (dyads/glyphs/other buffs), the latter isn't technically MMO but it does have cosmetic rewards only (proving your point invalid about requiring rewards in order to have active PvP, period).

    Of course they all have rewards in one way or another. However they are mostly cosmetic and even if not, they do not affect your arena experience. Rankings, costumes, titles, stuff like Murderous Intent, all are OK, because they do not affect your gameplay inside the actual arena, and ultimately that's the problem with TERA, it's as simple as that. I mean damn, even Archeage has equalized arena and that's a SANDBOX mmo.

    So the point of the thread is how to improve existing BGs not how to keep them as [filtered] as ever. Learn from games in which PvP actually pops constantly and there's 10x or more people actively playing in them. Ultimately, that's what people play games for. If a game is active, people like it. If it's inactive, people don't. That's more important than your claims about why people would play a MMO for. Something tells me some people never truly played an actual active PvP game. Or be ignorant and live in your little niche world. There is a reason all of those games all are active in PvP, orders of magnitude more than TERA. Use some science and learn from real data instead of a stuck opinion.

    Basically, tl;dr get on with the times already.

    And lastly, rewards won't gain you any new players only make some existing ones queue (and those are typically carebears anyway, nobody wants them in arena). You can't seriously be satisfied with the current low PvP community of TERA when it could be so much better.
  • MiskuChanMiskuChan ✭✭✭
    ^ this ...
Sign In or Register to comment.