[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

kTERA : July class balance

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Just add 20% stun reduction to the equalized gear in battlegrounds and it won't be such a big deal
  • mmm, sorry but, about war tank, what is perseverance???

"Changed Perseverance to proc only by a well-timed block from a monster"
    edited July 2017
    Warrior gets free mana for blocking attacks now. Kind of pointless since if you're blocking, you're using less mana than usual.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    6LYFH7GKWT wrote: »
    mmm, sorry but, about war tank, what is perseverance???

this means you can get less cd in Blade of draw for sucefulls blocks/Perfect block, is like Lancer Hold of Line block stack tecnique for multy hits from boss, this means less cd roll in chest line are less worth ( and maybe make a blade of draw reset besto glyp ) since you already will be can block for more dps with scyte
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Zerk tank is a hybrid of lancer's dps and the utility of not having a tank

+1.

Perseverance is a property of warrior cross parry that gives you 5% max MP on a timed block - the current description already mentions the well-timed part, but maybe it wasn't working as intended or something. Now you can stack edge and get more BD casts if you play TERA as a rhythm game. (I despise these sort of mechanics.) With these changes I suppose the only viable chest line will be BD damage if you tank at all - otherwise cooldown might still be marginally better for DPS-only warriors. If only they added more viable options with the equipment overhaul.
    It's a dumb mechanic that will be cheesed by tapping the block button repeatedly.
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    Veil of Shadows gets extended that long... not looking forward to that.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    6LYFH7GKWT wrote: »
    mmm, sorry but, about war tank, what is perseverance???

Iirc it's a proc on Cross Parry which recovers MP :o
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Zerk tank is a hybrid of lancer's dps and the utility of not having a tank

An inexperienced lancer maybe. If you take a few hits to try and squeeze out extra dps on a zerk tank, you'll die because zerks have barely any endurance and really low base HP for whatever reason. Meanwhile on my lancer, I can take a few hits without really feeling it much. Zerk tanks are like weaker brawlers. It's really sad that they got ignored here. They should be allowed to take reduced damage while charging, or have some kind of power buff for their party, or an endurance debuff that doesn't require two stacks, or axing the crit nerf in intimidation stance, or giving them more endurance in that stance, something.

Hell, I never thought I'd say it, but I feel kinda sorry for Brawlers too. A hybrid tank is about to give them a run for their money. That's like if you spent your whole life doing nothing but repairing watches, and then some kid shows up who repairs watches on the weekends sometimes and he does it on par with you.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    Grimoir wrote: »
    Holy....

Those are extreme well....interesting LOL, the desummon thrall skill for mystic was long overdue.

But the resurrect nerf like dayum, well guess time to learn not to die too often.

I like the warrior tank buffs tho should tank on my warr more often :D

looks like they want to make death more punishing by doing that along with nerf on reaper, gunner and brawler 's passive
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    Mawile wrote: »
    Yay! Those valk nerfs are looking great. Still better than ninja's backstab though.

now they r just a better looking slayer with that nerf
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    Lolitaa wrote: »
    so reaper attack speed goes up 25% during shadow reaping?
    well, that'll be nice, hope my cds can keep up with my reaping rotation.

however, not keen to see that veil of shadows will be an hour long cd : /
    The wording they had is awful but what i got from it was that 1 hit can give up to 5% atkspd, and the buff can stack up to 5 times, so in case there is any rng involved, then best case scenario is 25% atkspd buff indeed.

so we should do a whipsaw for instant full attack speed then do the normal rotation?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    kknaex wrote: »
    Lolitaa wrote: »
    so reaper attack speed goes up 25% during shadow reaping?
    well, that'll be nice, hope my cds can keep up with my reaping rotation.

however, not keen to see that veil of shadows will be an hour long cd : /
    The wording they had is awful but what i got from it was that 1 hit can give up to 5% atkspd, and the buff can stack up to 5 times, so in case there is any rng involved, then best case scenario is 25% atkspd buff indeed.

so we should do a whipsaw for instant full attack speed then do the normal rotation?
    Again, the wording is weird but it didn't make sense for a 25% attack speed buff so taking Loriri's advice it'll probably be an accumulative max of 5%, and yeah it definitely would be easier to stack fast with Whipsaw or Death Spiral. cheers o/
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    Tiana wrote: »
    Veil of Shadows gets extended that long... not looking forward to that.

I'm not sure if it'll even be necessary given the halved cooldown for shrouded escape. Now you have an active panic button instead of a passive one.
  • HippyKHippyK ✭✭
    Does new warrior tank traverse cut party attack speed buff affect *all* other party members? or is it a buff for everyone *except* for other warriors? as in does it stack with warrior dps own traverse cut?

Also (it is probably a silly idea) but I wonder how a (healer + 2dps + lancer + def stance but dps spec'ed warrior) party would go. Obviously the warrior's overall dps would be lower in def stance but with +attack speed buff + 2nd infuriate on top of lancer's buffs I wonder how the party's total overall dps would compare.

Just curious if anyone has an idea.