Disconnecting during Character Selection Screen

I am reorganizing my characters, buying race changers, appearance changers, deleting old ones to make some new ones, I dc all the time during character creation screen, I dced so many times that I messed up my last character and wasted my dam appearance changer :angry: :rage:

The character creation is already outdated and crap, and this disconnection and not being able to stay there and do what you have to do to create a character you like is beyond annoying, was reported before but it keeps happening and it annoys the crap outta me as I am creating and changing characters race and vouchers, one appearance changer gone to waste already, Fix this now, please :unamused:

Comments

• If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend sending in a Support Ticket.

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you have software on your PC that is limiting the required connection to the Game Client, and it's constantly disconnecting and trying to re-establish the connection before a crash occurs...
  • I've noticed that my screen freezes as in nothing responds to commands if I remain in character select for more than a few minutes. I end up just forcing myself to disconnect just so I can log back in to get my commands to function again.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭
    The disconnection during the character creation isn't new, it's been there for as long as I can remember.

But yeah, the fact it happens even with the appearance voucher is something they need to fix ASAP.

You could try knowing the exact values of all the sliders before using the voucher.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend sending in a Support Ticket.

In my honest opinion, it sounds like you have software on your PC that is limiting the required connection to the Game Client, and it's constantly disconnecting and trying to re-establish the connection before a crash occurs...
    I've noticed that my screen freezes as in nothing responds to commands if I remain in character select for more than a few minutes. I end up just forcing myself to disconnect just so I can log back in to get my commands to function again.

@CobaltDragon that is what happens occasionally, nothing responds sometimes and u gotta disconnect yourself or you get disconnected, it is not just me, and it happens on appearance voucher, new character creation, but in race change voucher u got more time before dcing. :eh:
  • my launcher keeps freezing my whole pc since today.

does anyone know how to get default setting back in "msconfig" >boot>advanced options
    and then the top two boxes for processors and memory .
    both unchecked right?
    i forgot to take a screenshot before i did some testing.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭
    I guess a 'workaround' would be to create a character on a server you don't play that has free slots, write down the sliders and options somewhere, and then create/change your intended target character. I've messed about in character creation and never experienced this problem.

Don't mess with msconfig unless you know what you're doing. Yes, you can set them unchecked.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25
    czczcz wrote: »
    I guess a 'workaround' would be to create a character on a server you don't play that has free slots, write down the sliders and options somewhere, and then create/change your intended target character. I've messed about in character creation and never experienced this problem.

Yes, the workaround is correct.

And incidentally, this bug is because your router has a policy to close inactive connections after a certain short period of time, and while you're in the character creator there's no active network activity. A number of cheaper routers, or modem/router combo units provided by ISPs, have this issue.

BHS could solve this problem by doing regular network checks while in the character creator to keep the connection alive on these routers/firewalls... but I guess they don't think it's an important enough problem to solve. In the meantime, you either have to use that workaround, or find a router that doesn't do this (or allows you to change the setting).
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @counterpoint This problem barely happen when you use Race Change, today I changed my Race and stayed there forever to create the character, but with race changer it happens. But with appearance changer it happens all the time.

Also can you give a tip about that setting, I will google it later and look into it.
  • If I take more than a few mins. in creating a character I get logged out and after a bit the game will revert to the server selection screen. I always thought it was probably an inactivity limit but my router has no such limit in place as I specifically set mine to not do that. Wondering if the game has some time limit built in to some part of their system that could be causing the issue. I haven't timed it but my guess would be about 5 mins and then you get logged out of it.