[TERA PC] There will be a supplementary maintenance starting at 1 p.m. PT today, August 11, to resolve an issue that is currently preventing players from matching for dungeons. Estimated duration is one hour. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

New player struggling to continue playing

Hi guys

I joined Tera at the start of June and have been a dedicated player since, It's rare I find a game I invenst much time into and one that makes me want to stick around, now with levelling my 4th character I am starting to get, deterred.

My mystic has been stuck on Misery since the end of June, I have all the mats and designs to make various DW pieces except I have no Talismans. For the last month I have been looking for people willing to do some VS learner runs in both normal and hard and so far I've managed 1 learner run in NM. I'm at a loss as to what to do now, I've tried various guilds with no success since HH is now out, I've tried LFG to no avail, I've watched every guide several times to ensure I'm not a huge burden but I just cannot find a way to progress further.

The VS rookie event failed miserably, being a healer it solo queues you which undeniably needs to be changed, resulting in players disbanding immediately due to the healer being rookie. I'm stuck, with nothing to do but level more characters only to be stuck in the same place on them.

What can I do? I would like to continue playing but with no sense of achieving anything in the last month I'm struggling to stay interested.
«13

Comments

  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    The answer is simple - DW is useless for healers unless you do HH or pvp. So don't get it. Make some alts and keep hoarding tons of gold for the next patch in like 5 months.
  • Ponilover wrote: »
    The answer is simple - DW is useless for healers unless you do HH or pvp. So don't get it. Make some alts and keep hoarding tons of gold for the next patch in like 5 months.

    I have a 65 archer and gunner too.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Got bored? Come to forums, LesbianVi is here for that,

    But back to your topic, Tera keeps you interested with having alts, specially now that PVE is destroyed by the hordes of mats that come to you by events and EME killed farming and grinding. So make some alts, if you have high ping like me, make lancer and brawler and have a nice time, and you can use your in-game name and give your server name, so people can tell you 24/7 how bad you are in this game when they are the ones asking for more stuff every day O.o
  • Which server are you on. What guild are you in, and last question for now but not least do you have any friends willing to run with you?

    My sub main is either mystic or priest so I get your point of people not wanting to run with noob / rookie healer, since if you are new and somehow pass 1st and 2nd boss be it even in Normal mode last even if people say hes easy it is not "that" easy for healers. Since you ressurection grants you nice purple ring followed with claw attack.

    What I suggest doing: 1.) Tell us your server. Some are dead so its hard to even find good LFG.
    2.) What comes after LFG? Answer clear GUILD. No one really want to play with noobs that takes your time and you gain nothing however this is what guild is here for. If your in small guild that does small gquests like constantly cw/kc/ab maximum of br then you won't really move from the position you are in. I'm not saying to leave your guild, if you are sattisfated stay in, however what I'm pointing is FREINDS+GUILD if the people you run even easier stuff like BR are in different guild and willing to take you for learning run ask them.
    3.) Option -> Very lot of people do this and it will still be used for learning runs. If you are mystic and are trying LFG then ask for these party members Priest / MYSTIC (YOU)/ DPS/DPS/ Tank so basically type: VSNM N D/T/P. Having at least experienced priest who did the dungeon before will raise the % of clearing it without wipes if lucky no wipes and will ensure the people wont worry about wasting their time.

    In my opinion as I play both healer classes, mystic for this dungeon is much harder than priest, but that is my point of view.

    Since your mystic and newbie for DW gear as Healer ALWAYS prioritise your ARMOR never your weapon! This is golden rule! What will your heales be there for if you had DW scepter but everything one shotted you since your armor will be bad? No point.
    DPS always goes for weapon, healers and tanks for armor. Once you have armor I'd say go make whatever.

    That is my input of what you said purely MY opinion and MY suggestion. Good luck hope you'll get some clears and learn NM/HM's :)
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    You, and many, many others...

    TERA cannot grow or even maintain its current playerbase if new players are consistently stuck with respect to progression. The actual 'normal' situation for VM materials is quite difficult for new entrants, because nobody wants to take +12 newbies into VSN/H. The result is that to get +15 you must have +15 in the first place. This situation has become more commonplace in recent, partly due to the self-enforced segregation that was brought about by the events that allowed a whole lot of players to immediately craft BiS gear. If VM was seriously difficult and required large investments of time and resources, then only a small portion of the population that was the most dedicated would have access to it, while the rest could still make do with +12 Misery - which is quite adequate given sufficient skill, since the difference in damage output is significant but not critical, and healers certainly don't need the upgrade.

    The current situation was caused by short event floods of VM materials, which resulted in too large a portion of the population achieving BiS, which now allows them to LFG/guild/group/etc. exclusively for other players with +15. The pool of +15 players is now sufficiently large that they can self-segregate by enforcing +15 only parties, which of course exclude any new players from entering. Nobody 'needs' to run VS because nobody needs to farm it for anything, because the best it can offer is what they already have. The time window in which new players could be accepted more easily has now closed, as you've pointed out, by the release of HH. Now it's definitely find a guild or quit - at least until for a few months until the new progression system is released.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    You could always just save up gold and keep buying lakan's treasure chests until you have enough talismans.
  • 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    You could always just save up gold and keep buying lakan's treasure chests until you have enough talismans.

    I bought 60 and got 1 badge.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    mee mistic dont need VM weapon, only you need friends to wipe in vsnm, is all
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    7C6W9GLFPJ wrote: »
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    You could always just save up gold and keep buying lakan's treasure chests until you have enough talismans.

    I bought 60 and got 1 badge.

    840 more and you're there!
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they need to slow down the leveling process so that it takes more time and gives you time to learn the classes. find a good guild to join so that you can learn.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    czczcz wrote: »
    You, and many, many others...

    that allowed a whole lot of players to immediately craft BiS gear.

    Which one is it?
  • Well, the biggest thing is finding a guild that will teach you the endgame dungeons. Getting skilled is enough, once you've gotten the skilled label you can get random groups to actually accept you. Do enough of those and then people start remembering your name, which then makes getting runs pretty easy.

    Just speaking of my own experience. I'm on AV and it's pretty much on life support at this point
  • admonituadmonitu ✭✭✭
    There is absolutely no reason for people with DW gear to ever run VSH again maybe except for the title. Running this cancer dungeon is masochism. The only reason why I am currently running is because I need talisman from this. After I get enough mats, I will kiss goodbye to VSH and will never look back.

    The first 2 bosses were recycled. Not only were they recycled, they were made very annoying by 1. Adding fire around the room for Darkan (Used to be just sides in the original SCHM) and 2. Combining the 2nd and 3rd boss mechs of SSHM in VSH. If that wasn't enough, because of their huge endurance and HP, with subpar DPS, your party is stuck on each boss for a long time like 15 + min and this is assuming you don't wipe. Many mechs force player to stop attacking and just watch the boss do whatever and dodge the usual donut AOE, pizza AOE... etc. Superb design.

    Nightmare Lakan is OK. But once you defeat him, what do you get? Just crafting mats. No Lakan's Treasure Chest and nothing you can ever sell on the broker. You get vanguard rewards, but other dungeons reward them too and you can complete other dungeons a whole lot faster and with less stress. If you run VSH and lose the rolls on the Talisman, you just wasted a [filtered] ton of consumables, time, and sanity.

    One time, I carried a group of rookies in VSH for almost 3 hours and then I watched them roll on the Talisman and I swore to myself that I would never ever run with people that I don't know let alone rookies. I run only with friends and LFG maybe 1 person if I really have to.

    I'm sorry, but you're gonna have a difficult time finding people for VSH.




  • Which server are you on. What guild are you in, and last question for now but not least do you have any friends willing to run with you?

    My sub main is either mystic or priest so I get your point of people not wanting to run with noob / rookie healer, since if you are new and somehow pass 1st and 2nd boss be it even in Normal mode last even if people say hes easy it is not "that" easy for healers. Since you ressurection grants you nice purple ring followed with claw attack.

    What I suggest doing: 1.) Tell us your server. Some are dead so its hard to even find good LFG.
    2.) What comes after LFG? Answer clear GUILD. No one really want to play with noobs that takes your time and you gain nothing however this is what guild is here for. If your in small guild that does small gquests like constantly cw/kc/ab maximum of br then you won't really move from the position you are in. I'm not saying to leave your guild, if you are sattisfated stay in, however what I'm pointing is FREINDS+GUILD if the people you run even easier stuff like BR are in different guild and willing to take you for learning run ask them.
    3.) Option -> Very lot of people do this and it will still be used for learning runs. If you are mystic and are trying LFG then ask for these party members Priest / MYSTIC (YOU)/ DPS/DPS/ Tank so basically type: VSNM N D/T/P. Having at least experienced priest who did the dungeon before will raise the % of clearing it without wipes if lucky no wipes and will ensure the people wont worry about wasting their time.

    In my opinion as I play both healer classes, mystic for this dungeon is much harder than priest, but that is my point of view.

    Since your mystic and newbie for DW gear as Healer ALWAYS prioritise your ARMOR never your weapon! This is golden rule! What will your heales be there for if you had DW scepter but everything one shotted you since your armor will be bad? No point.
    DPS always goes for weapon, healers and tanks for armor. Once you have armor I'd say go make whatever.

    That is my input of what you said purely MY opinion and MY suggestion. Good luck hope you'll get some clears and learn NM/HM's :)

    I am on MT, I've tried a few guilds but they're all too busy with HH / not teaching a noob. I don't have friends that run VHHM but a few who do VHNM, the issue is that they want 1 healer to make it go quicker and I cannot solo heal it.
  • MontblanckMontblanck ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hello, new-ish player. My suggestions to you are these:

    1. Find a guild that would be willing to run stuff with you.
    2. Make friends! Join runs for dungeons other than VS (eg. VH) and heal it with expertise. Usually people who find you to be a good healer add you to their friend list; or you add them if you want to. You can ask them to run with you later.
    3. Try and wait for, or find, a group in LFG that would run it double-heals. Since it comes with a safety net of two healers, they would most likely be more willing to take you. Also with this, you will be more familiar with the dungeon without worrying too much. Or, make a priest friend who wants to learn and look for a group together with you.
    4. Have some confidence in your skill, and yourself. I personally would take a rookie healer if he/she has good rolls on equipment, skilled in most (or all other) dungeons, and would tell me that he/she has read guides of the dungeon. This is a double edged sword though; make sure you really did your homework, because it might go the other way around and you might end up in block lists. On the other hand, if you do good, you'd be whispered by the people you ran with for more runs.
    5. As a token of gratitude if skilled people do take you, you can also try to promise to pass stuff for them if they need it - it is more important to learn how to fish than to get fishes right now.

    Hang in there, friend.
Sign In or Register to comment.