[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New player struggling to continue playing

Comments

• Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    7C6W9GLFPJ wrote: »
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    You could always just save up gold and keep buying lakan's treasure chests until you have enough talismans.

I bought 60 and got 1 badge.

various pvp chests are better solution, lakan's chests have terrible rng. for example kuma's victor chests are pretty cheap, you have decent chance to get talisman and get a bunch of ominous ore at the same time.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Which server are you on? If you're CH, I can help you with learning VSNM if we're on at similar times. edit: Just saw you're on MT, my bad. That sucks though, I always thought MT's LFG was packed.

As for VSHM, it takes ages, gives materials I don't even need, and has no monetary reward so I can't summon the motivation to help with a learning run of that. You're in luck though, since you're a healer and almost nobody wants to heal this patch. What you should do is join a guild that really needs mystics and has people who want to do VSHM. Express an interest in it. If they're a good guild, they'll show you the ropes and consider the time spent an investment in their guild as a whole.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    What is your mystic's IGN on MT? I can help you learn and clear VSHM tomorrow most likely! :D
  • NikuroTega wrote: »
    What is your mystic's IGN on MT? I can help you learn and clear VSHM tomorrow most likely! :D

Pbandhealz

I have asked people but I also don't want to waste peoples time, or do terrible then roll and get talis, I'm still getting used to vsnm atm. I've got the 1st boss down, 2nd boss too except cage and 3rd boss its just claw sometimes.

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »

Pbandhealz

I have asked people but I also don't want to waste peoples time, or do terrible then roll and get talis, I'm still getting used to vsnm atm. I've got the 1st boss down, 2nd boss too except cage and 3rd boss its just claw sometimes.

Don't worry, we are fully geared out and we can help call out mechanics for you so you can learn them. :3
  • NikuroTega wrote: »

Pbandhealz

Don't worry, we are fully geared out and we can help call out mechanics for you so you can learn them. :3

Okay well I look forward to doing some runs ^^
  • My in game name is Pbandhealz, if you want to send a friend req.
  • I can totally relate to that feeling; I am at a point where I find VSHM more or less easy on my main (DPS). Well not easy easy, but when I'm in a good mood, I'm usually not floormatting etc. However, the moment I go on my mystic alt to do VSNM, I find just normal mode incredibly hard on mystic whenever there's even just 1 person that doesn't know what to do. I know I wouldn't have any troubles with double healing, but it's just not satisfying knowing I'm struggling with solo healing it, and knowing I wouldn't be able to do it without my bf tank-carrying it.

I'm very happy to read you found some people to help you. It's hard to find people atm if you don't play this game with friends, even when you're in a guild. Just don't give up, it'll all get better with experience.
    Also, you could run VSNM on your alts just to get even more used to the mechanics. For me it helps, but I'm a slow learner :silenced:

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

Pbandhealz

You know rolling on items is optional, right?
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

Pbandhealz

You know rolling on items is optional, right?

Yes I do, if I do awful in VSHM runs I'm one of those people who won't want to take hard earned items from other players.
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    You started playing at the start of June, and already want to get top BiS gear at the end of June? While the spirit is good, this is the problem with Tera, fast leveling process and easy time to gear up, resulting in people wanting to get BiS gear when they just play the game for one month, possibly not master their classes yet.

Deathwrack is absolutely not a must-have for healers, and given the timeframe that you have been playing the game, I really doubt you have enough materials to craft them anyway. My suggestion is to buy some cheap Ambush pieces on broker and stick with them, you'll have easier time looking for party to run VSNM/HM and such. Deathwrack can come later.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    canikizu wrote: »
    You started playing at the start of June, and already want to get top BiS gear at the end of June? While the spirit is good, this is the problem with Tera, fast leveling process and easy time to gear up, resulting in people wanting to get BiS gear when they just play the game for one month, possibly not master their classes yet.

Deathwrack is absolutely not a must-have for healers, and given the timeframe that you have been playing the game, I really doubt you have enough materials to craft them anyway. My suggestion is to buy some cheap Ambush pieces on broker and stick with them, you'll have easier time looking for party to run VSNM/HM and such. Deathwrack can come later.

Thanks for saying the obvious, Struggling comes because grinding has been killed, it should take 1 months to get to 65 and get to low gear, people even want things faster.

On OP, mastering your Class is way better having high gears. and way more important, proving that can take you places.
  • If you are from MT pm me, i dont mind taking you into a couple of vsnm, i have healer tank and dps chars to go with, and friends who can run it, i can take you to some vshm if you need to learn it and get the exp, then u can run it by urself, and if ur not on mt rip you my friend
  • canikizu wrote: »

I started 2 months ago... and I haven't got a single deathwrack piece yet. Is it so bad to want to have even got 1/4 of my deathwrack gear within 2 months? or do you think it should take someone a whole year for each character to get deathwrack.

I also have mastered mystic to the best of my ability, could I learn more? sure, everyone can do better things but I've hit a wall in terms of finding practice runs, not lack of my ability to heal. I do have enough materials to craft my 1st piece actually, with enough talismans I can craft a 2nd piece too.