[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

[KTERA] 7/27 Patch Note

2»

Comments

• Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    @66ECX7NAN7
    I've also read through his and I've missed it at the time too; in KTERA Blade Draw is called 무쌍난무: 가르기 while Scythe is called 질풍 가르기. Their names are pretty similar, especially the latter parts are exactly same. It's actually easy to get confused between the two, so usually Koreans go with just 가르기 vs 질가. But if you're translating a wall of text, you tend to get your habits thinking 가르기 = blade draw despite the note saying 질풍 가르기.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    @Idi0ticGenius didn't you clear up the misinformation about reaper's attack speed buff in seraphinush's thread? I was under the impression that it increases by 1% per attack to a max of 5% attack speed buff.
    @gib

The wording on the dev note was just confusing. It's 5% per hit, but the way they wrote it was "each hit can increase ASPD up to 5% (up to 5 stack)".

on patch note it's a lot clearer : "each hit increases ASPD by 5% (stacks 5 times)"
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    @Idi0ticGenius ah, okay. thank you for clarifying.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Do the lancer changes effectively equalize races, or are we still elin master race?

Increased shield barrage casting speed seems useful.
    Ayi wrote: »
    Do the lancer changes effectively equalize races, or are we still elin master race?

shield barrage and auto attack only, so not really. but most play elin and HE male.

I was playing on KTERA and at least SB is definitely a lot smoother on Elin. Auto attack is a bit easier to weave in as well.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Ayi wrote: »

shield barrage and auto attack only, so not really. but most play elin and HE male.

I was playing on KTERA and at least SB is definitely a lot smoother on Elin. Auto attack is a bit easier to weave in as well.

Dang, and awesome! :)
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    @Shishao which personal attack? lol You said 100% of attacks, then changed your status and wording, that is enough for the point. Deadly Fury at 5 mins CD was stupid, true, at 60 mins useless, if they don't like it, change it to something useful, don't make it useless.

Updated: Did you know that Growing Fury was also changed, you can get knocked down, pushed back, stunned, even by stuns in GG, and some similar stuff like that. Again, it was never about tanking, as stated it was that skill CD, and not just that, 2 other skills too. But ignoring that part.

I didn't change anything in my stance?
    When I said 100% I assumed you have knowledge of the class and how tanking works in Tera since you mentioned multiple times that you play one, but it seems I was wrong. And I do not play PvP, lets not go there :) everything I say is strictly PvE.

In tera there are blockable attacks and un-blockable attacks. For example lets say VHN first boss the spinning can be blocked, but the clap following the red-eye flash can't be blocked -> no class can block these attacks, they are there for a challenge
    In case of blockable attacks, if you play a brawler and have growing fury, you don't need to bother with pressing block and holding block manually, you can keep using your normal GF rotation and only in terms on min-maxing time your attacks or press manual block for counter proc.
    While if you play as a lancer, warrior or zerker tank, except for skills like ToB or Wallop which guarantees a front block, you have to press and hold block to block the attack, not get hit or die.
    By 100% I meant these type of attacks, and assumed you have knowledge of the game that you do too.

BHS rarely removes any skill, it took them several years to remove Mangle warrior skill, and they only do skill removal when they revamp a class, and a class balance adjustment they did this time is not a revamp. Maybe with the new class awakening we will see this passive getting removed all together. As for usefulness, they introduced Neophyte whatever which serves the "oh-popo" sitations perfectly.

Knocked down in growing fury? Can you please add example of this, I never got knocked down in GF.
    Push back - do you mean Imperator/Veldeg push back attack or the case when you are blocking and the boss pushes you to the wall with attacks which usually don't push back when you block perfectly (VHN first boss spin) or vergos push back or Prima push back?
    Stunned - again, example please? VHN first boss clap is not a blockable attack, but second bosses yellow circle that stuns can be blocked, so I am curious which are you thinking of where did you get stunned while in growing fury
    In GG if you don't face the direction where the stun is coming from and have high ping you can get stunned in-between skills, its nothing new.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Shishao wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    @Shishao which personal attack? lol You said 100% of attacks, then changed your status and wording, that is enough for the point. Deadly Fury at 5 mins CD was stupid, true, at 60 mins useless, if they don't like it, change it to something useful, don't make it useless.

Updated: Did you know that Growing Fury was also changed, you can get knocked down, pushed back, stunned, even by stuns in GG, and some similar stuff like that. Again, it was never about tanking, as stated it was that skill CD, and not just that, 2 other skills too. But ignoring that part.

I didn't change anything in my stance?
    When I said 100% I assumed you have knowledge of the class and how tanking works in Tera since you mentioned multiple times that you play one, but it seems I was wrong. And I do not play PvP, lets not go there :) everything I say is strictly PvE.

In tera there are blockable attacks and un-blockable attacks. For example lets say VHN first boss the spinning can be blocked, but the clap following the red-eye flash can't be blocked -> no class can block these attacks, they are there for a challenge
    In case of blockable attacks, if you play a brawler and have growing fury, you don't need to bother with pressing block and holding block manually, you can keep using your normal GF rotation and only in terms on min-maxing time your attacks or press manual block for counter proc.
    While if you play as a lancer, warrior or zerker tank, except for skills like ToB or Wallop which guarantees a front block, you have to press and hold block to block the attack, not get hit or die.
    By 100% I meant these type of attacks, and assumed you have knowledge of the game that you do too.

BHS rarely removes any skill, it took them several years to remove Mangle warrior skill, and they only do skill removal when they revamp a class, and a class balance adjustment they did this time is not a revamp. Maybe with the new class awakening we will see this passive getting removed all together. As for usefulness, they introduced Neophyte whatever which serves the "oh-popo" sitations perfectly.

Knocked down in growing fury? Can you please add example of this, I never got knocked down in GF.
    Push back - do you mean Imperator/Veldeg push back attack or the case when you are blocking and the boss pushes you to the wall with attacks which usually don't push back when you block perfectly (VHN first boss spin) or vergos push back or Prima push back?
    Stunned - again, example please? VHN first boss clap is not a blockable attack, but second bosses yellow circle that stuns can be blocked, so I am curious which are you thinking of where did you get stunned while in growing fury
    In GG if you don't face the direction where the stun is coming from and have high ping you can get stunned in-between skills, its nothing new.

also you cant block bakayas fruit debuff with GF huehuehue
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    But clearly the skill was used to cheat mechanics, and overall didn't serve its intended purpose thats why ninja and valkyrie both did not get the same passive and classes that have it get them nerfed :sunglasses:
    Those passives do not actually work for a lot of mechanics. They either do not get triggered, or they do but the player dies anyways.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    But clearly the skill was used to cheat mechanics, and overall didn't serve its intended purpose thats why ninja and valkyrie both did not get the same passive and classes that have it get them nerfed :sunglasses:
    Those passives do not actually work for a lot of mechanics. They either do not get triggered, or they do but the player dies anyways.

Your point? >.<
    It works just enough time and for enough mechanics (HH p4) to give advatage over nothing imo
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Is this patch coming in October?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

I can explain it to you as I had a lengthy discussion about it with some brawlers because it was annoying me as well. What they said(and i believe to be true) is that skills with natural block(like GP, for example) have a much larger protection area than skills who were given block by another skill(GF or RHK glyph). As a result, standing in the exact same spot, facing the exact same way can result in either a successful block or you get hit in the face by something nasty, depending on what you are blocking with. If you are not intimately familiar with brawler, it looks like GF just isn't doing the job right.