[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

More diversity for events please

I don't mind dungeon highlights, and DG events, but more of the focus recently was on dungeons, would be nice for community to have other kinds of events.

Biggest problem now we can see that leveling event barely happened recently, we need double/triple XP event, leveling event, this hasn't happened for long now and this is disappointing and discouraging. So, would be nice to have these kind of events early August at least :angry:

Open world events, various fun events with small or no reward at all can still do good, events that were suggested by community, like gathering event, increasing the chance of rare mats from gathering nodes, decreasing PP usage and such.

PVP events, tournaments, like having massacre hour on all servers, no safe zone, all players can fight other players of their own level and murder each other during that hour.

Rewards are good, but focusing mainly on rewards effects the variety of the events. We need fun events and events that give players something fun and refreshing to do for a short time but often.

Comments

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    we don't need events all the time man. the more often these "events" are run, the less they're seen as "events" and just seen as the norm and people start playing for events and not the actual game.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    we don't need events all the time man. the more often these "events" are run, the less they're seen as "events" and just seen as the norm and people start playing for events and not the actual game.

I agree with this.

Lately we had almost 1 event per month so now people ask every time for more events. Not that I dont like but i think that a exp boost event will only hurt more new players than help them.

I myself am teaching several players that reach lvl 65 and dont have anything that can be good for their classes because leveling is so fast and easy that dont allow them to learn anything from their class at the pace it should be.

Better add an event with rewards for low level accounts rather to make them lvl up faster than it should be.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    we have exp level event from spacebarkirye release and this was in ..... may ?

gatering event ? whut ? is funny gater mats ? is a pain besides dont have felicity pet. huehuehuehue

but disable pve protection and enabled pvp temporaly to kill lv 50-65 in all maps sounds fun ( cyties are no safe ) sound very enjoable for temporal event ( like 1 or 2 hours each week )
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭

We were playing for events for years now, what do you get in this game which is new?

You want us to run dungeons which we had cleared couple of years ago hundreds of times, or kill same bosses that we killed hundreds of times in so called new dungeons?

Which battleground you think we should play after all this time? FWC, CS, Grid? Which battleground was introduced which is new? Iron Tank crap? Or Kumas which is dead?

What exactly is there to do that 4-5 years players haven't done multiple times already?

Give me new contents, exclude events?, Smite has events running all the time even if that is a MOBA, Events should be part of Tera, specially right now there are mandatory, I am not looking for big rewards as stated, I am looking to do something different once awhile, so I disagree, we need events all the time. We don't need events with big rewards all the time, On this one I was very vocal.
    @ElinUsagi Since when from level 1-64 you were learning anything? Now don't give them much XP, is that gonna teach them what? Giving more XP, XP events were part of our events often, if XP was effective for learning Tera, then I would agree but that is nothing to do with learning anything, XP event is not just for new players, it encourage even more older players to make new alts and level them.

@StevenAnthony Valkyrie event was an event to encourage players to play Valkyrie so BHS/EME could make money, it wasn't just for the good of the players and newcomers, I exclude those kind of things out of real event lists.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    @LesbianVi

If read carefully all you wrote and read carefully what kamizuma wrote you will notice you made his point more clear.

Edit about lvling: Right now a player can reach max level in a week without using any xp scroll or habing emporium or elite.

Making faster the lvling experience makes new players to be ignorant about their skills and glyps, also about their crystals and consumables as pots and crystalbinds.

There are many more things that can be called about the lvling experience for new player that they lose each time they get bonux exp gain.

So I will make you this question and answer me honestly, did you know that the fastest and easier way to get the best glyps for your classes is doing low level vanguards quest (those from lvl 58-64 to be more precise)?

Most new players that i have encounter dont even know that and much is because how fast they level from those levels and end up in end-game content without knowing about crystals, about glyps, about enchanting and masterworking and many more things but instead they are trown at us end-game players with nothing but ignorance about the game and then they end up also carried from low and mid end game dungeons without them noticing anything they have wrong because most of them dont join a guild with experienced players and mostly do IM for their runs.

This problem only becomes more viral when envents as exp boost happens, so I don't think that could be a good idea.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »

We were playing for events for years now, what do you get in this game which is new?

You want us to run dungeons which we had cleared couple of years ago hundreds of times, or kill same bosses that we killed hundreds of times in so called new dungeons?

Which battleground you think we should play after all this time? FWC, CS, Grid? Which battleground was introduced which is new? Iron Tank crap? Or Kumas which is dead?

What exactly is there to do that 4-5 years players haven't done multiple times already?

Give me new contents, exclude events?, Smite has events running all the time even if that is a MOBA, Events should be part of Tera, specially right now there are mandatory, I am not looking for big rewards as stated, I am looking to do something different once awhile, so I disagree, we need events all the time. We don't need events with big rewards all the time, On this one I was very vocal.

You're free to take a break if you're bored with the content. But yes, other people are still running the dungeons, whether it be for mats for alts, self-improvement on dps, or teaching friends. Battlegrounds are different each match because their are different people. Players run those for jackpots, rankings, who cares. While I agree with the sentiment that future events could be diversified, I don't think we need one right now. Maybe in a few weeks or a month. We have SCEM coming tomorrow anyway. That's a diverse event.
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »

You're free to take a break if you're bored with the content. But yes, other people are still running the dungeons, whether it be for mats for alts, self-improvement on dps, or teaching friends. Battlegrounds are different each match because their are different people. Players run those for jackpots, rankings, who cares. While I agree with the sentiment that future events could be diversified, I don't think we need one right now. Maybe in a few weeks or a month. We have SCEM coming tomorrow anyway. That's a diverse event.

You speak like we are having a lot of players going around and so much, when there is no event going on you can clearly see the difference and feel how bad things can get.

and SCEM is another dungeon event which focuses on +15 hard core players mostly. So again that is for dungeon runners, hard core dungeon runners.

It is not that I disagree with events shouldn't be a focus to play, but if you say there are a lot to do in this game right now, then I can't really relate to that, I play 1-3 hours a day, I find something to do always but that doesn't really mean anything, because we all know the state of the game right now unless we wanna deny the facts.
  • DWDE6GFGWHDWDE6GFGWH ✭✭✭
    And now we see him in his natural habitat. Had a [filtered] ton of events which didnt focus on the more hardcore players, but still wants more. But if we want a decent PvE event, its just because we want deathwrack mailed to us. :pleased:
    edited July 2017
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    And now we see him in his natural habitat. Had a [filtered] ton of events which didnt focus on the more hardcore players, but still wants more. But if we want a decent PvE event, its just because we want deathwrack mailed to us. :pleased:

You got your decent PVE events from the start of gear patch, and all events from the start of gear patch were focused on enchanting and VM mats, and consumables. Am I wrong?

Only event that we got focused on different kinds of mats, such GF tokens, Dragon scales, Gems, and was fun and was a community wide event was 1 HOUR BAM EVENT, many missed it, and server crashed, so I am not asking for rewards and I am not saying events should be rewarding, I am asking for diversity for events. So, don't compare those two things.

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be true if "the actual game" even had a lot to offer anymore. The truth is that every patch the developers strip away more and more content that people enjoy. There's really not a whole lot left. Upon logging in on an average day, the typical player can choose between running the same recycled dungeons he's run hundreds of times before, doing island of dawn alone, or idling in Velika and possibly playing the market.

It's not the fault of "too many events" that people log in just for events; it's because there's nothing else left in this game anymore: They killed crafting; profit margins are so slim it's barely worth doing seriously. They killed pvp like it was a conscious effort. They killed pve by removing fun dungeons people enjoyed. They killed the overworld by neglecting overworld quests like reputation dailies and by destroying the value of overworld BAMs. They killed customization a long time ago when they deleted the mix and match armor system and replaced it with fashion coupons for a lackluster shop that they barely even update. They killed comfiness when they removed campfires even as a cosmetic item. They killed competition when they removed crusades and replaced it with a meaningless grind with no reward after a certain point. The game's a shell of its former self; I've never seen a game get less content over time like Tera does. With that as context, you can't blame people for just logging in to do events.

And this is coming from someone who HATED that crab feedstock event because it made every piece of feedstock I had worth WAY less and made doing dungeons barely profitable. I'm sure whatever old swimsuits you had stored away probably lost value on this recent event as well. But the sad truth is stuff like this is all that's keeping a lot of people playing except the die-hard Harrowhold runners, who'll probably quit once they get oblit.
    @voidy we argue on many things, but nicely said. Very True.

Also some already afking in HW or Velika that got DW set.
    edited July 2017

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/dungeon-highlight-demokron-factory-hard
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/dungeon-highlight-the-abscess
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/dungeon-highlight-velik-s-hold
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-s-allegiance-weekend-event
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/dungeon-highlight-june-23-26-timescape
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/double-dungeon-drops-celebration
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/awakened-enchanting-costs-reduced
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/take-unskilled-players-under-your-wing
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/get-ready-for-tera-s-summer-strongbox-weekend
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/sky-cruiser-endeavor-extreme

So, yeah, you wanted more even events after those, you wanted more rewards even after those rewards, you wanted more VM mats, more enchanting mats and now you try to bash me over this, look at those, Plus I think I can put crabs there too, since they dropped mats which were demanded in forums.

Now:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/de-brutalize-the-island-of-dawn and Blue Box which was pushed by community, one myself :D, and that 1 hour BAM event which kind failed in the end and many also missed it. These had different set up and rewards.

So, now who is the real hypocrite here?

• DWDE6GFGWHDWDE6GFGWH ✭✭✭

You got your decent PVE events from the start of gear patch, and all events from the start of gear patch were focused on enchanting and VM mats, and consumables. Am I wrong?

Only event that we got focused on different kinds of mats, such GF tokens, Dragon scales, Gems, and was fun and was a community wide event was 1 HOUR BAM EVENT, many missed it, and server crashed, so I am not asking for rewards and I am not saying events should be rewarding, I am asking for diversity for events. So, don't compare those two things.

I'm just going to pretend that I did read what you said, but since I'm missing the point I'm still going to keep my stance. Stop complaining, if you want a lot of events, go play another game. heheksdee
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    arg this event from dfhm was brutall in my potato pc
This discussion has been closed.