One concern over Leveling up 1 Day Elite voucher and a suggestion over the mount

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    Halrath wrote: »
    I assure you, we did think of this. You'll only get the Elite Status once per account. It's okay.

Could you switch that so it's just not bankable/tradeable? It'd be super useful since the event is lasting one month.

It wouldn't work because you could just use it and apply to your account. This is to prevent people from creating characters ad nauseum to get "unlimited" elite on their accounts.
  • GhibliiGhiblii ✭✭
    HE4J6YWALY wrote: »
    I assure you, we did think of this. You'll only get the Elite Status once per account. It's okay.

the others rewards too ?

I would really like them to make it so that only one char per account gets rewards. This is good dialogue to help EME. Hopefully they change it or they "already thought about it" and was going to do that in the first place (without mentioning it of course).

um no this is not a good choice, the gems atleast..since I'm pretty sure are going to go toward enchanting. So it would be a good idea to stock up on ????
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you switch that so it's just not bankable/tradeable? It'd be super useful since the event is lasting one month.

It wouldn't work because you could just use it and apply to your account. This is to prevent people from creating characters ad nauseum to get "unlimited" elite on their accounts.

Which was already achieved with the "1 per class" version of the event.
    TWMagimay wrote: »

Well, even one per class has its limits, even though it's a high limit...
  • Halrath wrote: »

You can't get 'unlimited' elites if they're not bankable or tradeable though. The best they could do is use it for the day, delete their character and make another one. Or stack 1 elite day per character, which still would only be 2 weeks of elite. We have to think of the legit players for a minute too you know
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my point though. They didn't change it to impose a limit as there already was a limit. It's, what, 11 1 day vouchers(since reaper can't get a lvl 20 reward...I think that leaves 11...though, honestly, I've completely lost count of Tera's classes at this point). I would hardly call that a "high limit" considering how rare the event is to begin with. At what point are they throwing the baby out with the bathwater? I'd say this is about it.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭

You can't get 'unlimited' elites if they're not bankable or tradeable though. The best they could do is use it for the day, delete their character and make another one. Or stack 1 elite day per character, which still would only be 2 weeks of elite. We have to think of the legit players for a minute too you know

well if the dude level up 24 characters to level 20 in one day, he can have at least 23 days of free elite, because elite time can be stack :)
  • UsagiFFUsagiFF ✭✭
    > @HE4J6YWALY said:
    > So we can make a reaper at lvl 50, get to lvl 55 in 5 minutes and get 2x emeralds, delete reaper (24 hrs?), rinse and repeat? Or level to 60 and get 2x more eneralds. Once per day for 32 days = 64k gold (or 128k if you get to lvl 60) ! :) :) :) :)
    >
    > And if you have more than one account with a lvl 40 char on it, bonus? Do this on 2 accounts = 256k. 5 accounts = 640k = enough to buy a DW +15 wep? ;-)
    >
    > Edit: Not saying I will actually do this :)
    > Also, this plan is not smart if EME is smart and limits rewards to one char per account for duration of event. But if EME is *not* smart and wants to help exploiters break the market, every char you level gets rewards = profit x 10^9 = Gigaprofit
    >
    > 2nd edit:
    > Super GM Halrath the wise sez only elite voucher once per account, maybe other rewards also once per account? Who knows? We'll see in a day. Right now on the news page, says nothing about getting rewards once per account. Maybe EME can ninja edit it so fast? Maybe Halrath is editing it right now? OMG! The deception. What do now? How play?

I did 26 bonanzas per hour with summer event and those sell for 1k and even more if you let pass over a couple of weeks.

Some times I wonder why people worry for things as the rewards on this lvling event and dont complain at how much other events gave.

I I have to make real numbers you will spend more time than 5 minutes because of character creation and loading screens.

Also the elite voucher wont hurt anyone but those p2w people and EME itself, so then again people cry always for really silly things but when other people complain they show their back but here you can se how hypocrites many of then are.
  • Ghiblii wrote: »
    HE4J6YWALY wrote: »

the others rewards too ?

I would really like them to make it so that only one char per account gets rewards. This is good dialogue to help EME. Hopefully they change it or they "already thought about it" and was going to do that in the first place (without mentioning it of course).

um no this is not a good choice, the gems atleast..since I'm pretty sure are going to go toward enchanting. So it would be a good idea to stock up on ????

gems like rubys are very comond in newbies and pix of petrax, and least guillegode here droops shapires and esmeralds ( and sea chest to ), im no see why flood with toons of gems is good for the event, if you want gems for new system, craftthem in new system ........
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

Making the scroll non-trade/non-bank doesn't do anything other than force the person to use it right away. Elite Status applies to the entire account, not the character. It takes only a handful of minutes to create a character, move it to a p-lvl spot and power level to 20, use scroll, delete and repeat. A single day would allow someone to get multiple months of Elite for their main account and even alternate accounts too.
  • Players will only get one 1-day Elite Status voucher per account. That's it. No need to worry.
    edited August 3

That's my point though. They didn't change it to impose a limit as there already was a limit. It's, what, 11 1 day vouchers(since reaper can't get a lvl 20 reward...I think that leaves 11...though, honestly, I've completely lost count of Tera's classes at this point). I would hardly call that a "high limit" considering how rare the event is to begin with. At what point are they throwing the baby out with the bathwater? I'd say this is about it.

It's an academic point, but it was by character by server, so multiply x5 for the old method. It's more than they probably would have intended, anyway. Sounds like new method addresses this.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭
    Giving it at 60 wouldn't make as much of a difference as you think (*cough* Reaper *cough*).

if i remember right in all previous leveling events reapers got only lvl 65 reward. not 100% sure though. might be wrong
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭

I highly recommend SAYING this in the news post, or you will be flooded with error reports that they didn't get their 1 day elite!
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »

I highly recommend SAYING this in the news post, or you will be flooded with error reports that they didn't get their 1 day elite!

and also in that http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/join-the-august-level-up-event

they only say we get one day elite voucher, but dont say than it is only for the account and than we cant trade it