[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Event scroll only for VM gear?

Comments

• +12 scroll pointless in ALL ways. Those who wanted high end gear already have it, they not gonna craft it for alts and new players don't even know what is this for.
    This is a complete lame reward and without any correct information!
    Either change this worthless reward or change description. What was done is a misleading :angry:

btw that cape is also cheap, and horse is only good (but not unique looking) reward for whole this event. With +12 vm enchantment scroll there is no anything that people could really aim for.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    But at the end when they got to 65, those two items have no real value to new players, returning players, that is what I am saying.

Does anything on that list have any real value to anyone? Besides the fragments, those are OK.

Not because it has no value for you doesn't mean it has no value for others.

Explain to me the value of a cape that's 1k EMP and even before the event was going for ~6k(if going at all). Or the value of a brooch I haven't even seen in a very long time but is basically a lvl 65 non-tradeable Flawless Brooch(tera database even says its base line is aggro but I'm assuming that's a mistake) Just received confirmation: You do get aggro base line brooch. Such value, much wow. The values of the scroll and the mount have already been discussed and deemed "not really there" by more people than just me. Which leaves the reset scrolls. Is that where the true value of the event lies?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    But at the end when they got to 65, those two items have no real value to new players, returning players, that is what I am saying.

Does anything on that list have any real value to anyone? Besides the fragments, those are OK.

""""Explain to me the value of a cape that's 1k EMP""" and even before the event was going for ~6k(if going at all). Or the value of a brooch I haven't even seen in a very long time but is basically a lvl 65 non-tradeable Flawless Brooch(tera database even says its base line is aggro but I'm assuming that's a mistake) Just received confirmation: You do get aggro base line brooch. Such value, much wow. The values of the scroll and the mount have already been discussed and deemed "not really there" by more people than just me. Which leaves the reset scrolls. Is that where the true value of the event lies?

Ok, now that you show that you even cant understand value as it is and you yourselft pointed the value on some of those things.

A cape that values 1k EMP and you yourself are being countered by your own argument, a brooch for reaching lvl 65 that you wont get until you run a lvl 65 dungeon, a mount that is better than the free one you get from lvl 65 quest and the +12 scroll for VM8 gear.

Now again if those things doesnt have value for you that doesnt mean that doesnt have value at all or for others.

Now read your own post so you can see how did you know already that those have value.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭

""""Explain to me the value of a cape that's 1k EMP""" and even before the event was going for ~6k(if going at all). Or the value of a brooch I haven't even seen in a very long time but is basically a lvl 65 non-tradeable Flawless Brooch(tera database even says its base line is aggro but I'm assuming that's a mistake) Just received confirmation: You do get aggro base line brooch. Such value, much wow. The values of the scroll and the mount have already been discussed and deemed "not really there" by more people than just me. Which leaves the reset scrolls. Is that where the true value of the event lies?

Ok, now that you show that you even cant understand value as it is and you yourselft pointed the value on some of those things.

A cape that values 1k EMP and you yourself are being countered by your own argument, a brooch for reaching lvl 65 that you wont get until you run a lvl 65 dungeon, a mount that is better than the free one you get from lvl 65 quest and the +12 scroll for VM8 gear.

Now again if those things doesnt have value for you that doesnt mean that doesnt have value at all or for others.

Now read your own post so you can see how did you know already that those have value.

The brooch being an aggro brooch is in fact detrimental for DPS and Healers.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭

A cape that is valued for 1k EMP in the store doesn't mean it's actually worth that. It currently sells for 4k on the broker and that's if someone buys it, which looking at recent history doesn't look promising.

A brooch which will have a negative impact on you if you're a DPS or healer due to the base aggro roll which, if given a newer tank, make your dungeon runs a disaster.

A +12 scroll for a old VM gear, which if we're talking about a new player they would have no use for and probably actually be mislead into spending time and money crafting it. As for anyone creating an alt they may have old material lying around and it might be useful but most people wouldn't bother especially considering Misery +12 is better than Ambush +12 and much easier to acquire.

A mount that is slightly better than the quest mount, minimal value but a value nonetheless. Enough Circlet Fragments to purchase a blue circlet and Reset Scrolls which may carry some value, so literally three (maybe four if the cape sells or looks good to someone) things that are useful to a new player, and if it's an alt you probably have easy access to reset scrolls and already have extra circlet fragments lying around or know it's easy to acquire in a dungeon, leaving the mount which you may also have access to a better looking one.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

The cape isn't worth 1k EMP, their value in gold is very low, and you can get a better brooch at level 60 for about 1~10 gold perfect rolls. This leaves just the scroll that can't be used, the mount, a circlet, and reset scrolls. Out of all that the only thing that is genuinely helpful is the circlet.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    It'll be even worse if a new player is dedicated enough to craft Ambush and +12 it, only then to find out it's worse than Misery until they've spent another giant heap of money getting it to +15. At least the scroll awakens the piece being enchanted.

Although, it might have some limited use for tanks if they use it on the chest piece. The extra line might be more valuable despite the slightly lower base defense... but have fun getting all those powders and crystals.

The brooch being an aggro brooch is in fact detrimental for DPS and Healers.

So because a brooch tha values 60 silver in-game has not worth for dps or healers that makes all the other rewards to lose their value? wow
    At level 10, players will receive:

A 7-day Ember mount

At level 20, players will receive:

A 1-Day Elite Status Voucher*
    Various PvE crystals suitable for your class

At level 30, players will receive:

Sapphire ×4
    Tier 2 Feedstock ×50
    Tier 2 Alkahest ×50

Strong Bravery Potion ×2

At level 38, players will receive:

Valkyon Health Potion ×4
    Fashion Coupon ×500

At level 44, players will receive:

Sapphire ×3
    Fashion Coupon ×500

At level 55, players will receive:

Emerald ×2

At level 60, players will receive:

Emerald ×2
    Fashion Coupon ×500
    A 7-Day Disco Ball
    Veteran Complete Crystalbind ×2

At level 65, players will receive:

Alpha Reset Scroll ×3 and Beta Reset Scroll ×3
    Circlet Fragments ×30
    A Sturdy Parthian Brooch
    A +12 Enchantment Scroll
    A Veteran's Cape
    Flying Skill: Zephyr

From all the event I marked the rewards I think I don't like but overall most of them looks pretty decent for this kind of event, even the +12 Ambush scroll, because getting and enchanting guile is easy and fast and you are able to farm ambush mats from mid tier dungeons. So you can skip misery and get full guile +12 with gods/heaven jewellery, simple brooch, circlet/diadem and farm dungeons with VM8 rewards. Ambush is better than misery gear at +12 because their bonus stats (extra line in weapon, extra line in armor, extra line (+3% damage) on gloves...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    My dudes, anything there works, it doesn't matter how much Value it has, it will work for new players. This wasn't plan mainly for alts, it works fine, cause double XP and fast que for dungeons. But anything there has a value, I gave a lot of summer accessories out to new players, they have no actual value but people got excited.

We discuss the +12 scroll, because that is useless at this point for new players. Even giving them Interhold or Superhold tokens are better.

Zephyr might not look appealing but still it has speed of 280 and longer flight time, but could be a better look mount.

So in the end, +12 scroll was discussed and not the Cape, it works for new players, even works for alt players, on 3 or 4 alts, that is around 20K gold saving, and when a players gets happy with 10G free accessory, you think they won't be happy with a Cape?
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    wow thats moody. was hoping to use it on my new archer when i get her up to misery. sdmfjhdjfhgksdfg
    edited August 2017

Do you see where that sentence ends? I guess not, so, here you go: https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/period.html The cape is priced at 1k EMP in the store. It's gold value was 6k before the event started(down to 3-4k at this point). That's a 1:6 emp rate for the cape while the general EMP rate is1:30-40. Any person with 2 brain cells to rub together would be able to understand what that means about the actual value of the item.

I'm not even sure you'd get that brooch by running a lvl 65 dungeon in the first place. I think that brooch came from a long removed level 65 quests and it's an aggro brooch. Once again, 2 brain cells should be enough to understand why that brooch has no actual value.

I'm sure people who don't have a single flying mount besides the free one and are so desperate to get their hands on an aggro brooch with no buff can really use a +12 scroll for VM8 gear. Obviously, you get VM8 before you get a simple brooch. 2 brain cells.

Considering the amount of people who've so far said the mount is no good in their opinion, I'mma go ahead and say "not just me". This one requires 1 brain cell to spot.

Unlike you, I read my posts after I write them. Those things still have no value. Unless, of course, you think the piece of gum under your chair has value because somebody paid 5 cents for it 1 month ago.

Do you see where that sentence ends? I guess not, so, here you go: https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/period.html """"The cape is priced at 1k EMP in the store. It's gold value was 6k before the event started(down to 3-4k at this point)"""". That's a 1:6 emp rate for the cape while the general EMP rate is1:30-40. Any person with 2 brain cells to rub together would be able to understand what that means about the actual value of the item.

I'm not even sure you'd get that brooch by running a lvl 65 dungeon in the first place. I think that brooch came from a long removed level 65 quests and it's an aggro brooch. Once again, 2 brain cells should be enough to understand why that brooch has no actual value.

I'm sure people who don't have a single flying mount besides the free one and are so desperate to get their hands on an aggro brooch with no buff can really use a +12 scroll for VM8 gear. Obviously, you get VM8 before you get a simple brooch. 2 brain cells.

Considering the amount of people who've so far said the mount is no good in their opion, I'mma go ahead and say "not just me". This one requires 1 brain cell to spot.

Unlike you, I read my posts after I write them. Those things still have no value. Unless, of course, you think the piece of gum under your chair has value because somebody paid 5 cents for it 1 month ago.

Then again your whole argument contradits you all about your "Those things still have no value".

You lost against your own contradictions and now resort to insult, as always you have being doing in these forums.

You already put values on those things and you can't even understand what you are writing then thats your own problem.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    So because a brooch tha values 60 silver in-game has not worth for dps or healers that makes all the other rewards to lose their value? wow

How about you don't put words into my mouth? I just commented on the brooch, in fact I made sure not to talk about anything else. And I mean, 60 silvers? Holy wow, what a fortune. It's not like you got a few thousand gold just getting to 65.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you see where that sentence ends? I guess not, so, here you go: https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/period.html The cape is priced at 1k EMP in the store. It's gold value was 6k before the event started(down to 3-4k at this point). That's a 1:6 emp rate for the cape while the general EMP rate is1:30-40. Any person with 2 brain cells to rub together would be able to understand what that means about the actual value of the item.

Considering the amount of people who've so far said the mount is no good in their opinion, I'mma go ahead and say "not just me". This one requires 1 brain cell to spot.

WTB those Brain Cells for 1:6 ratio.
    edited August 2017

Do you see where that sentence ends? I guess not, so, here you go: https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/period.html """"The cape is priced at 1k EMP in the store. It's gold value was 6k before the event started(down to 3-4k at this point)"""". That's a 1:6 emp rate for the cape while the general EMP rate is1:30-40. Any person with 2 brain cells to rub together would be able to understand what that means about the actual value of the item.

Considering the amount of people who've so far said the mount is no good in their opion, I'mma go ahead and say "not just me". This one requires 1 brain cell to spot.

Then again your whole argument contradits you all about your "Those things still have no value".

You lost against your own contradictions and now resort to insult, as always you have being doing in these forums.

You already put values on those things and you can't even understand what you are writing then thats your own problem.

Saying "this thing has no value because there is no value in it and here's why" does not contradict "this thing has no value". You, on the other hand, have yet to provide a single argument as to why those things have any real value.