[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Event scroll only for VM gear?

1235»

Comments

  • TBH I want the EME employees to acknowledge that either this wasn't tested, or they essentially put in a useless scroll for new players. I really wonder if they know how much of a pain it is to farm ambush right now, and that effort should be used towards the current VM anyway. They don't want to bait new players into the wrong direction. Ideally publishers, producers etc should admit when they mess up.
  • The issue with the scroll isn't' that Ambush is "hard" to craft. It's actually extremely easy. The issue is that Deathwrack is one of the easiest VMs to craft to date. Why waist extra time crafting Ambush when it's almost as easy crafting Deathwrack? More players would have benefited from a +12 Misery scroll or maybe just a Misery weapon box instead of
    the scroll. It's not like that would be a "handout" considering how ridiculously easy it is to obtain in the first place.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with the scroll isn't' that Ambush is "hard" to craft. It's actually extremely easy. The issue is that Deathwrack is one of the easiest VMs to craft to date. Why waist extra time crafting Ambush when it's almost as easy crafting Deathwrack? More players would have benefited from a +12 Misery scroll or maybe just a Misery weapon box instead of
    the scroll. It's not like that would be a "handout" considering how ridiculously easy it is to obtain in the first place.

    and craft ambush is more easy, more with a scroll garantize awakening to ambush, but me, eme gave us dreathward boxes because other gear is useles now ..........
  • I was really hoping it'd work for misery as I leveled up my alt, but disappointed to find this thread and this fact.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Certhia wrote: »
    I was really hoping it'd work for misery as I leveled up my alt, but disappointed to find this thread and this fact.

    You can get Guile +12 really easy after leveling your character to 65.

    Just need to invest at much 2k gold and you will have it with the best rollls for PvE.

    With this event you get enought circlet fragments to get a circlet, if you farm the Dougal missions for lvl 65 (KC, CW, Abscess), do the omnimious news in IoD, Reccords of Arenea, Celestial Arena (1 time) and ACE Dungeons (1 time each); you will get enough enchanting mats to reach ilvl 424 and with that is more than enought to farm mats for VM8 gear.

    Many people here likes to demoralize new players because veterans players want events as a mean to make easy gold but I think that this event really helps a new player with all you can get from the event and with a scroll that you can use in a VM8 gear piece.
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ambush is not an actual vm tier. And doesn't give a huge bonus over misery. Some information said its actually worse if not same. It's completely pointless to farm and craft it when those who need can craft deathwrack.
    It is almost same as if they would give scroll for Starfall. Oh yea it helpes because new players can do iod and farm maths. Seriously?? Who will craft this crap just to find use for the scroll? You must be blind to not see this all.
    Who needs scroll for old vm set and how this old set can be helpful if it has same dmg as t11?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush is not an actual vm tier. And doesn't give a huge bonus over misery. Some information said its actually worse if not same. It's completely pointless to farm and craft it when those who need can craft deathwrack.
    In what sence scroll for old gear can help new players??

    Ambush +12 is better than Misery +12, what are you talking about?

    You have a pasive and a 5th line in Weapon that makes it better than misery, you have a 3% extra damage on gloves that makes them better than misery, you have an extra line in armor chest that makes ambush better than misery. The only things on Ambush I dont think is worth are boots and belt but only for PvE because boots have an estra critical resist factor that makes it bettert than misery for PvP.

    In overall Ambush is better than Misery and is not that hard to farm, again I don't know why people continue with that lie that Misery is better than Ambush when is not.
  • As a returning player who made hmm 3k if that in gold while leveling (after paying for skillups) and selling the gems, not enough to buy the mats to enchant the guile let alone the misery of misery, and at the end a free flying mount that looks a lot like the one from the guy in the trading post gives for free, and a red cape and useless scroll.

    From a returning play perspective if you don't already have gold banked, and other items it will be soul shattering, I used to level reapers for fun get to 65 and sell their gear stuff and vg's and make about 20k or more, this time round it was 3k and 400 vg, with a market that is now at a emp level of 1:40 gone are the day of 1:7 yay i miss those :( but it is not at all new player friendly. The buddy up system gives better benefits for someone :( (yay free candy spinner)

    If you want quick fast level and running 65 dg's in less then 12 hours, no idea how the class works but lets bash stuff. Then this is it. My first toon took weeks to level after work and 59-60 OMG that in itself was painful got there and farmed my essence for my tokens for patron.

    There is nothing really of value to new players that drop enroute to cap and not enough mats for enchanting along the way so why bother, its a bad lesson to teach new people on how to evolve in the game. i ended up using tokens for gear and enchanted when i could. yay lets give you free crystals but you cant sell them for anything woo hoo...... really...... known a lot of people who used to make a little gold that way just to get by.

    So why did i come back, i have friends who still play, some are elite now and well "cough" hmm and some just like to play and have fun :)
  • Do you understand the meaning of words "doesn't give a huge bonus" and "some information"?. Also you seems don't think that DW has really bigger difference near misery and ambush. The speak is about fact that deathwrack is also not that hard to craft but its much much more better.
    You trying to say that people could craft ambush and after deathwrack but you don't think that this stage can be just skipped and people wont want to craft two vm sets just to fit this scroll in their life.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Do you understand the meaning of words "doesn't give a huge bonus" and "some information"?. Also you seems don't think that DW has really bigger difference near misery and ambush. The speak is about fact that deathwrack is also not that hard to craft but its much much more better.
    You trying to say that people could craft ambush and after deathwrack but you don't think that this stage can be just skipped and people wont want to craft two vm sets just to fit this scroll in their life.

    Yet there are people crafting ambush and enchanting them to +15, not because you don't do it doesn't mean other won't do it.

    @Jettie

    I made 2 new toons on a server where i havent any character so i started fresh. I have both with full Guile +12, demense accesories and circlet, i didn't need to spend more than 4k gold to get ilvl 424 on both of them, so I quote what I did on both characters.
    With this event you get enought circlet fragments to get a circlet, if you farm the Dougal missions for lvl 65 (KC, CW, Abscess), do the omnimious news in IoD, Reccords of Arenea, Celestial Arena (1 time) and ACE Dungeons (1 time each); you will get enough enchanting mats to reach ilvl 424 and with that is more than enought to farm mats for VM8 gear.

    And I have to add that I didnt sell the gems from the rewards on the event, also I got most glyps for my classes from tokens doing lvl 58-65 bams and vanguard quests.

    At this point I can tell you that doing BGs to level up is an huge mistake as you will have to spend more time or resources to get what you could get lvling throught bams.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Do you understand the meaning of words "doesn't give a huge bonus" and "some information"?. Also you seems don't think that DW has really bigger difference near misery and ambush. The speak is about fact that deathwrack is also not that hard to craft but its much much more better.
    You trying to say that people could craft ambush and after deathwrack but you don't think that this stage can be just skipped and people wont want to craft two vm sets just to fit this scroll in their life.

    sad, ambush weapon +15 and gloves +12 gave a 15% more damage vs Misery full +12, but this is no huge bonus for very comond mats, good luck to new players gets toons of feedtock tier 12 to get dreathward +15 .....................
  • GrimoirGrimoir ✭✭✭
    Jettie wrote: »
    As a returning player who made hmm 3k if that in gold while leveling (after paying for skillups) and selling the gems, not enough to buy the mats to enchant the guile let alone the misery of misery, and at the end a free flying mount that looks a lot like the one from the guy in the trading post gives for free, and a red cape and useless scroll.

    From a returning play perspective if you don't already have gold banked, and other items it will be soul shattering, I used to level reapers for fun get to 65 and sell their gear stuff and vg's and make about 20k or more, this time round it was 3k and 400 vg, with a market that is now at a emp level of 1:40 gone are the day of 1:7 yay i miss those :( but it is not at all new player friendly. The buddy up system gives better benefits for someone :( (yay free candy spinner)

    If you want quick fast level and running 65 dg's in less then 12 hours, no idea how the class works but lets bash stuff. Then this is it. My first toon took weeks to level after work and 59-60 OMG that in itself was painful got there and farmed my essence for my tokens for patron.

    There is nothing really of value to new players that drop enroute to cap and not enough mats for enchanting along the way so why bother, its a bad lesson to teach new people on how to evolve in the game. i ended up using tokens for gear and enchanted when i could. yay lets give you free crystals but you cant sell them for anything woo hoo...... really...... known a lot of people who used to make a little gold that way just to get by.

    So why did i come back, i have friends who still play, some are elite now and well "cough" hmm and some just like to play and have fun :)

    Thats why you do your bam dailies / vanguard to get the mats and gold. You arent supposed to buy yourself into max gear after starting the game within a day.
  • currently i got 2x scroll so far.... yet there is lack of caprin horn/ handles in the market now... guess i have to put these scroll into my junk tab in my bank lol (8 tabs ftw!) \o/
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axely wrote: »
    currently i got 2x scroll so far.... yet there is lack of caprin horn/ handles in the market now... guess i have to put these scroll into my junk tab in my bank lol (8 tabs ftw!) \o/

    You can get caprin horns from KC, CW, AB, KD, DF dungeons, also you can get them on Celestial Arena and ACE dungeons. The other mats you will find them on KD, BRN, MM, BRH and AI.

    Most dungeons drops VM8 materials.
Sign In or Register to comment.