Join The August Level-Up Event! (UPDATED)

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    Wouldn't really call this rewarding for people that already have a lvl 65 and will most definitely not get people to level alts.
    Crystals for class, Fashion Coupons, A Sturdy Parthian Brooch, Flying Skill: Zephyr. These are all simply useless things that you don't need. I remember with the other leveling event you got atleast a noble enigmatic scroll to sell. Which was plenty of worth it for spending a while leveling. People will simply make alts to get the elite and that's it. I think that the elite itself is already worth more then the rewards you get from reaching lvl 65...

yea , new players need dragon to get fresh hit lv 65 and ambush boxes and +15 tier 11 scrollss,
    and yes, you make alts to be rewarded, no for know other class or famr iod................

yes, definitle this reward dont help in any to new players .............( an noble enigmatic was for warrior only )

Can you ever give constructive arguments? When did I ever say that they need ambush boxes or +15 scrolls???
    If you think that this is a decent event for people that already got alts, you're wrong. I dont even care since this doesn't do anything for me and it will most certainly not bring any players back to playing.

Can you ever get pleased of the rewards? Can you ever not complain about it? We can all ask each other a lot of questions.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    Mythry wrote: »
    When do we receive the rewards? Do we receive it instantly after reaching the level?

yeah, when you reach the certain level, a parcel gets to you. remember to open those parcels less than 28 days.

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, I didn't get any parcel when I reached level 30 today. :'(
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    When do we receive the rewards? Do we receive it instantly after reaching the level?

yeah, when you reach the certain level, a parcel gets to you. remember to open those parcels less than 28 days.

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, I didn't get any parcel when I reached level 30 today. :'(

I don't think the event started yet.
  • Mythry wrote: »

I just noticed that the event is on PDT. fuuuuuuuuuu Thanks anyway <3
  • +12 t11 scroll bankable?
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed that the event is on PDT. fuuuuuuuuuu Thanks anyway <3

If you don't have anything valuable such as costume, you can always delete and start from the scratch.
  • Well, perhaps this is what actually brings me back completely to level alts up (normally log in daily for calendar rewards). I was hoping for an event to either help the process, or give something a little extra. Only have one level 65, so this will be a nice event. Thanks! :)
  • Why is the scroll only for VM gear?
  • MForAllMForAll ✭✭
    @Halrath +12 scroll only works on VM gear. Is this intended? I don't see new players getting VM anytime soon
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭

Well, that's the DUMBEST...Why would they DO....Seriously, who is getting AMBUSH....

Ambush. Not MIsery. *dumbfounded*

Does such a scroll exist for Misery? Is it too late to get a swap??

Because now I'm levelling for gems and a veteran's cape. That's it.

EME, this was not your best moment. And I agree with a commentor above--THIS gem of information SHOULD have been in the news post!

PROS:
    I love me a levelling event, so that alone makes me happy.

Double monster XP is always cool. Love the big numbers.

Gems. Good to get a start at stocking up for later, and much needed cash for new players. Also, gems are just fun. I love that they are sprinkled all over the levelling ranges.

1 day Elite. Always nice. Baby's first taste of Elite. :smile:

Veteran's Cape--nice cosmetic that hasn't been given out a lot lately. Not too valuable but versatile to a lot of looks. IMO an excellent choice.

Fashion Coupons. I know a lot of older players are swimming in the things, but for new players this is at least one outfit you can control what it looks like. Nice touch.

Temp mount. Again, great for newbies! And for just-for-funsies! Like the choice of Ember here.

I also like the 7-day disco ball. Nice fun touch.

CIrclet fragments and brooch, strong bravery and CCB--good, solid rewards. Useful and give you a bit of a leg-up but not too much of one.

Crystals, feedstock and alkahest--we are already swimming in these with levelling normally. Not sure even totally new people would benefit much from these, but still a good "filler" type reward. So I'll list it as a PRO and not a CON.

CONS:
    Only 1 1-day Elite. With them being limited to one per character class, and untradeable, the most any account could get was 12 or so. I don't think it was a problem, but we apparently solved it anyway. Irritating because I was looking forward to getting 12. Disappointment could have been avoided by SPECIFYING in the news post that that reward is one time only. This objection is minor.

Mount. Much commentary already about this mount. So, the mount is the same as the usual free one, but goes a little faster? Who even notices? One that looks different from the free would have made this reward AMAZING. The idea of giving a flying mount was terrific, but the choice of which one to give is horrifying. Here's your gift/not-a-gift. Hope you enjoy this thing that looks exactly like what you would have gotten anyway. Meh.

+12 scroll. Already talked about this above. In my view, this is the worst decision choice. No one new is going for VM, No one experienced is going for tier 11 VM when 12 is within reach. Maybe Misery scrolls weren't an option, but don't you think people will see Tier 11 +12 scroll and ASSUME it will work on Misery? For future events I would suggest letting people know the EXACT limitations of any bonuses or scrolls.

With those last two cons, the rewards for levelling seem awfully light, unless you are a total new person to the game.

SUGGESTIONS:
    Temporary loot pet at level 20 and again at level 44. Really makes dungeon runs smoother.

Misery +12 scroll. If not possible, then maybe a perm weapon skin?

Perm Winterwings?

Conclusions:

Still worth it to level my alts, but barely. If I weren't gem obsessed, not sure it would be, aside from the increased speed for levelling.

For new people? Probably very worth it.

Tried to stay constructive, once I got past my initial reaction, hope I managed it.

• @Halrath @Spacecats Quick question, but is the double XP for kills really on? I seem to level at the same pace as without it.
  • @Halrath @Spacecats Quick question, but is the double XP for kills really on? I seem to level at the same pace as without it.

It is. Swearsies realsies.
  • looking for people too play with join the discord https://discord.gg/6Kwjwc
  • I rose from 60 level to 65 level, but only get 65 rewards? why?