Why are we not allowed to talk about server transfers?

Comments

• Guys, one of the big reasons the server transfer thread was closed is because it became unproductive. I actually had to delete quite a few nasty comments in that thing that were flaming other people in the forum. I hope you guys don't actually think it's against the rules to discuss server transfers. If that was confusing, I apologize.

So in the case things aren't clear, let me officially say that there have been no updates to the server transfer situation since that thread was closed. We're not trying to cover up any topics or ignore any issues. That's why the thread has remained stickied - so people can see the situation and read the EME posts in the old thread.

We'll give you all an answer as soon as there's news, but honestly the only news we're hoping to give right now (and I wish I could give) is that the transfers are back online. They're not. We haven't received any updates from Bluehole on the issue and they're still working to resolve the problem that caused transfers to be disabled in the first place.
  • What I did while waiting for server fix is that I farmed my laurel achievement :) I discovered some areas that I didn't know and beautiful places (since I used max settings). From bronze to gold laurel :)
  • BHS Should stop working in PUBG for TERA it seems that this situation is only getting worst
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Grimoir wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    What are you expecting talking about it will get you? It's not going to make it get fixed faster.

Because we as a community deserve to know what is going on. Constant asking about it and just EME closing threads is the same thing as being hung up on when trying to make an important phone call. ATM EME closing threads and not responding or providing even the slightest update is very unprofessional.

If YOU as community want to know whats going on you should READ the thread that was there and closed where EME clearly said

Quote Spacecats:

"As Halrath and others said earlier in the thread, we'll give news on server transfers once everything is back to working order. In the meantime, the answer is the same. Transfers are disabled, and we're working with Bluehole to get them back online. There are issues that need developer work to fix before the transfers can be reenabled.

Because the conversation has spiraled into non-stop "when?!" posts and speculation about player compensation or the cost of EMP, I'm going to close the thread. Everyone got the message that server transfers are still disabled, and now please be patient until we're able to turn them back on. Trust me that getting the problem solved benefits us just as much as it benefits players needing to transfer. "

Did READ it. Since you're talking to me as if i can't read. That's not the point. They only closed the thread because they're tired of having to answer us, when in fact, that's their job, otherwise what the hell are they getting paid for?

They're paid to sell the game, not fix the game, and not hold a few individuals' hands during their work hours. It's a waste of everyone's time for EME to post an obligatory announcement that repeats "work in progress" every day.
  • AxelyAxely ✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Guys, one of the big reasons the server transfer thread was closed is because it became unproductive. I actually had to delete quite a few nasty comments in that thing that were flaming other people in the forum. I hope you guys don't actually think it's against the rules to discuss server transfers. If that was confusing, I apologize.

So in the case things aren't clear, let me officially say that there have been no updates to the server transfer situation since that thread was closed. We're not trying to cover up any topics or ignore any issues. That's why the thread has remained stickied - so people can see the situation and read the EME posts in the old thread.

We'll give you all an answer as soon as there's news, but honestly the only news we're hoping to give right now (and I wish I could give) is that the transfers are back online. They're not. We haven't received any updates from Bluehole on the issue and they're still working to resolve the problem that caused transfers to be disabled in the first place.

hey spacey, be sure to give us some sort of discount once server transfer is back :D <3
  • yo can we get bulk server transfer discounts
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭
    Better yet, make server transfer vouchers... jk.
  • AxelyAxely ✭✭
    edited August 9
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

i actually like this idea haha, make it that like after using and choosing server, the next time you log in thru the launcher , your character will be transfered to anther server ;3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    What are you expecting talking about it will get you? It's not going to make it get fixed faster.

because is fun to talk about that, else the forum going to be boring , so we talk about that until the transfert is back while we wait B)
  • in a previous post is said:
    Issue with Server Transfers that in some cases lead to character corruption, resulting in a loss of learned Pet Skills, learned Emotes, or sometimes causing learned Crafting Designs to be removed.

I thought perhaps those who do not have pets, emotes and Crafting Designs would be able to transfer characters..but it sounds like it doesn't work like that, since they have disabled it for all.
    I think my frustration comes with not even having an eta..like weeks, months, never?
    I don't know about you but I never, in any situation, ever get away with the answer "Soon".

if it was fixed with the demoros dice dungeon patch in Ktera, and we are 6 months behind them, then when did they get the demoros dice dungeon patch?..using that timeline might get me a loose guide of an answer.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    in a previous post is said:
    Issue with Server Transfers that in some cases lead to character corruption, resulting in a loss of learned Pet Skills, learned Emotes, or sometimes causing learned Crafting Designs to be removed.

I thought perhaps those who do not have pets, emotes and Crafting Designs would be able to transfer characters..but it sounds like it doesn't work like that, since they have disabled it for all.
    I think my frustration comes with not even having an eta..like weeks, months, never?
    I don't know about you but I never, in any situation, ever get away with the answer "Soon".

if it was fixed with the demoros dice dungeon patch in Ktera, and we are 6 months behind them, then when did they get the demoros dice dungeon patch?..using that timeline might get me a loose guide of an answer.

If that would be the case then is about one month or so to get the patch to fix the issue.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    How to get things fix faster?
    Stop asking same question again and again to waste their time and your time.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I proposed that like more than a year ago, people said, that might kill smaller servers, they were right lol
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    1 NA server. and no problems anymore
  • Ooh, when I went to

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/transferring-a-character-to-another-server

For server transfer info. I found:

Edit: From Friday, September 9 at 10 a.m. until Thursday, September 15 at 10 a.m. (PDT), server transfers will only be available FROM Fey Forest TO Ascension Valley. During this time, server transfers will be free and the transfer limit for gold will be increased from 50,000 to 200,000.