Why are we not allowed to talk about server transfers?

Comments

• meowmeowmoomeowmeowmoo ✭✭✭
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    Ooh, when I went to

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/transferring-a-character-to-another-server

For server transfer info. I found:

Edit: From Friday, September 9 at 10 a.m. until Thursday, September 15 at 10 a.m. (PDT), server transfers will only be available FROM Fey Forest TO Ascension Valley. During this time, server transfers will be free and the transfer limit for gold will be increased from 50,000 to 200,000.

i believe that's from last year EME probably didn't take it down
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LilMsQTay wrote: »
    Ooh, when I went to

Edit: From Friday, September 9 at 10 a.m. until Thursday, September 15 at 10 a.m. (PDT), server transfers will only be available FROM Fey Forest TO Ascension Valley. During this time, server transfers will be free and the transfer limit for gold will be increased from 50,000 to 200,000.

i believe that's from last year EME probably didn't take it down

Yeah, is a post from 2016 and the one who remind us how the merged server HW was almost killed in PvE player base and they left for another server, making FF with the same problem they say it would fix the merge.
  • LilMsQTay wrote: »
    Ooh, when I went to

That "Edit" was in reference to the 2016 Merge that occurred, where Lake of Tears, Valley of Titans, and Highwatch became Fey Forest.
  • LilMsQTayLilMsQTay ✭✭✭
    > @CobaltDragon said:

>
    > That "Edit" was in reference to the 2016 Merge that occurred, where Lake of Tears, Valley of Titans, and Highwatch became Fey Forest.

Ah, okay. I didn't see a year stamp on it and I just started playing this year (2017). Ty
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    Tomorrows maint going to include xfers?
  • ElyiessElyiess ✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »
    Tomorrows maint going to include xfers?

I'd also like to know this as it is my payday i can either upgrade comp to run this shittly optimized game or buy emp and transfer WHICH WILL IT BE EME?! YOU DECIDE. <3
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @Elyiess said:
    > Teekz wrote: »
    >
    > Tomorrows maint going to include xfers?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd also like to know this as it is my payday i can either upgrade comp to run this shittly optimized game or buy emp and transfer WHICH WILL IT BE EME?! YOU DECIDE. <3

It will be being ignored
  • I'm pretty sure if it were a problem with Emp purchasing as a whole... it would be solved ..just saying ;)
  • For some reason I have a feeling server transfers are being delayed on purpose -the game is dying, and some servers are on really bad shape (AV for example), and I already know many people who are willing to transfer from AV so EME will have to merge another server... but before that happens, lots of people will leave the game if more and more people will server transfer from the dying servers, so I guess it's their way to "keep" players in the "dying" servers by force?
    The only way is opening a completely new character, and not alot of people are willing to do that. So they just bide their time in the dead server until server transfers will be available?
    Just a theory, because this issue hasn't been resolved for so long...
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    This whole thing is honestly a joke, these guys need to get their [filtered] together.

No reason it should NOT be fixed.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭
    Shinku89 wrote: »
    For some reason I have a feeling server transfers are being delayed on purpose -the game is dying, and some servers are on really bad shape (AV for example), and I already know many people who are willing to transfer from AV so EME will have to merge another server... but before that happens, lots of people will leave the game if more and more people will server transfer from the dying servers, so I guess it's their way to "keep" players in the "dying" servers by force?
    The only way is opening a completely new character, and not alot of people are willing to do that. So they just bide their time in the dead server until server transfers will be available?
    Just a theory, because this issue hasn't been resolved for so long...

I agree with you 100%
  • That's a pretty elaborate theory. You can already play on whatever server you want. Some of us like being on AV and have no plans to move, and making a new character on another server is simple.

The truth is that we're waiting for a new build from Bluehole that prevents character corruption on transfer. More than a few players had their inventories and character stats completely messed up because of the bug and it took our support crew a long time to sort out each case. When that's fixed, server transfers will open back up.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    That's a pretty elaborate theory. You can already play on whatever server you want. Some of us like being on AV and have no plans to move, and making a new character on another server is simple.

The truth is that we're waiting for a new build from Bluehole that prevents character corruption on transfer. More than a few players had their inventories and character stats completely messed up because of the bug and it took our support crew a long time to sort out each case. When that's fixed, server transfers will open back up.

And some of us want to transfer items back and forth and have no desire to transfer fully geared lv 65s.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    And some of us want to transfer items back and forth and have no desire to transfer fully geared lv 65s.

Of course. That doesn't have anything to do with the AV conspiracy theory, though. In any case, transfers will be re-enabled when the problem I described is fixed.
  • i like av server and ch. I don't think they are dead. I take turns playing on both and see plenty of people. if the argument is that there are no lfg's or people to run content with, my suggestion is get together with others that feel the same and make appointments or a set time to meet to run things with. or you could always make a guild to do these things. not everyone wants to run the same thing over and over again that takes anywhere from 20 mins to an hour to do. different play styles. if mt is the place to go to run content and find groups to do it , then make a toon there. then when the server transfers are fixed, move your main there.