[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Rampant Hacking in Battlegrounds

Over the last week, I've noticed a marked increase in hacks during battlegrounds -- from people teleporting uphill in fwc to people walking through gates in CS. These are the most extreme examples, obviously. But there are others (attack speed way too high, etc.).

So I have to ask, have other people been seeing this?

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    You can't use cheats to make your attacks faster, unless you mean removing the delay between skills caused by ping. There are a lot of ways to legitimately increase your attack speed, especially in fwc.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    Fair enough. I honestly don't care so much about that, as it's not gamebreaking.
    Walking through gates in CS or bypassing the top of a ladder is. Both of which I saw multiple times yesterday.
  • I've seen my fair share. Saw two ninjas jaunt literally. Saw a valk slam backstab and pull until wiped half of raid. Not to mention I saw the dream slash hax as well lol it's been quite a week
  • https://streamable.com/vfkmf its not only in pvp BGs. every time i see someone who is "good" I just assume that they are cheating, pretty sure 99.999% of the time i'm right.
  • > @deeeznutz said:
    > https://streamable.com/vfkmf its not only in pvp BGs. every time i see someone who is "good" I just assume that they are cheating, pretty sure 99.999% of the time i'm right.

Screaming!!! Lmao
  • It's pretty funny that now that every time there's excessive skill desync'ing, fast BG wins, full Oblit on random people, etc... we have to question the integrity of it due to the rise in injecting/scripting.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    It's pretty funny that now that every time there's , full Oblit on random people, etc... we have to question the integrity of it due to the rise in injecting/scripting.

do u think that there is a script that gives u oblit for free or something
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    gib wrote: »
    It's pretty funny that now that every time there's , full Oblit on random people, etc... we have to question the integrity of it due to the rise in injecting/scripting.

Its really easy to connect the dots but I gotchu

1shot script -> enter HH -> clear HH -> collect Oblit retools

ex. old Comfy raid on MT and the FF raid that got banned for doing exactly this
  • deeeznutzdeeeznutz ✭✭
    edited August 2017

are you serious? people have alt guilds dedicated to HH bots for farming Oblit gear pLQ7Rta.png
    also have you seen this?
    https://moongourd.com/encounter?area=916&boss=30000&log=59891f3860cf4
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    It's pretty funny that now that every time there's excessive skill desync'ing, fast BG wins, full Oblit on random people, etc... we have to question the integrity of it due to the rise in injecting/scripting.

Right? When I first started, I'd come from Maplestory -- a game where cheaters did it in the open, without fear. So when I came to tera and didn't see people sucking enemies into corners to kill them all at once, or any cheating at all for that matter, I just assumed the game was really secure from that sort of thing. Hell, I was proud to spend money on the game at one point because of that. "Finally," I thought, "a game that has cheaters on lock." In hindsight, it's funny that I could be so wrong. What I thought was a secure, cheater free game has apparently had cheaters from the start; they were just low key about it.

The worst part is, a ton of the crazy things people can get away with are only possible because Bluehole can't code a game to save their lives. Unlike most games programmed by people with an inkling of common sense, Tera is a game that asks its client if things are A-OK before doing whatever thing it sets out to do. It's hard to talk about this without breaking any rules, so I'll use a fictitious example. Let's say I run a bank and you have money in my bank. One day you go to withdraw 2,000 dollars from your account, even though you only have 20 dollars in that account. This shouldn't be possible. Luckily for you, however, rather than stop you there and say "hey you don't have enough money," I instead politely ask you if you have 2,000 dollars to withdraw. You, using certain tools that you've designed from your bedroom in the span of a few days, answer back "why yes. Yes I do have enough money." And that's it! I give you the money, even though you shouldn't be able to withdraw it, because I asked you if you had it and you found a way to convince me that you did and answered yes. That's basically what happens here. The valk video people keep passing around is the game asking a valk "hey, how many times can your projectile skill hit?" and the valk found a way to answer back "a billion times per second, good sir" and the game's just like "well gosh okay wow that's kind of a lot but if you say so, seems legit, haha."

You can't make this up. I really thought this game was the pinnacle of security at one point, I can't believe it. The only bright side to this is the GMs can detect that kind of blatant cheating and ban the people at fault for it, since it really does ruin the game.
  • xoBarb wrote: »

Its really easy to connect the dots but I gotchu

1shot script -> enter HH -> clear HH -> collect Oblit retools

ex. old Comfy raid on MT and the FF raid that got banned for doing exactly this

which FF riad ?
  • MystletainnMystletainn ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    You know... to a degree EME did this to themselves. The injector code has been around for years, all developed for QoL fixes and to help combat the abysmal servers/connect EME provides and help people with high ping. There was never or very rarely and issue, the user-base was small and as I said mostly worked on QoL fixes since EME can't do servers and BHS apparently can't code properly. This isn't new. Literally been around since 2013. The hack of the rewards which prompted them to freak out didn't even have anything to do with injector packages but another program made specifically to hack online games. Things got bad when EME freaked out and started a witch hunt, didn't even make a decent effort to talk to the developers, and started perma-banning left and right for little to no reason. They could have been civil and talked to the creators, looked for ways to compromise, and maybe avoid more problems but the wise-and-all-knowing cat from space and his 40 ms AU ping knew better than all and started a war with people making software they can't easily combat. I mean literally they can do almost nothing other than wait for people to be reported, [filtered] up, or maybe try and install software on people computers. For 99% of the people that use certain software, they have no way of knowing. Look how well that turned out for them, most of the serious community quit the game, bots are more prevalent than ever, one-shot scripts are a thing. Smart management in my opinion. To paraphrase one person I know that works on these "special programs", "... if that is how they are going to be, the gloves are off.". So you should all commend Astrocat and friends for their deft and wise leadership.

Yes I know there is an argument to be made we should all suffer the horrible condition of the game and wait for fixes that will never come. Honestly though the QoL changes have kept and enormous amount of the skilled playerbase around for a long time and someone has to clear endgame to provide gear and mats for the casual credit cards that can't clear it with or without "help".

Waiting for ban.
  • It should've stayed QoL fixes and costume dress-up. But now it's become such a problem that I don't think any of it should be allowed anymore. They pushed past these QoL fixes into cheating territory, which caused the first wave of bans that EME did. So if there's anyone to blame for the bans on "injecting" it's the community & developers themselves that took it too far.

To OP: If you see anyone doing this "cheating" in BGs. Record it or SS it, timestamp it, and report it. EME is handing out bans to redhanded cheaters & injectors.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    It should've stayed QoL fixes and costume dress-up. But now it's become such a problem that I don't think any of it should be allowed anymore. They pushed past these QoL fixes into cheating territory, which caused the first wave of bans that EME did. So if there's anyone to blame for the bans on "injecting" it's the community & developers themselves that took it too far.

To OP: If you see anyone doing this "cheating" in BGs. Record it or SS it, timestamp it, and report it. EME is handing out bans to redhanded cheaters & injectors.

Because of the nature of the proxy and what it allows, it's not possible to "draw a line" between good things and cheaty/bad things. and it sucks. because at that point you have to trust in people to not ruin a good thing by making cheaty stuff.
    Furthermore, tera-proxy is not intended for cheating. It is unfortunate that the server allows quite a bit of it, but just because you can doesn’t mean you should. While the line between cheating and not cheating is a gray area subject to each individual’s opinions, use common sense and stay on the safe side. Any usage of tera-proxy to exploit TERA is not supported, and any discussion of it will not be allowed on the GitHub nor on the Discord.

from Meishuu's site
  • MystletainnMystletainn ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    .... They pushed past these QoL fixes into cheating territory, which caused the first wave of bans that EME did. So if there's anyone to blame for the bans on "injecting" it's the community & developers themselves that took it too far....
    Except you are wrong. This is very important. The original round of bans was due to software that had nothing to do with proxy(and developed by people that don't even play the game for malicious purposes and not solely for Tera). Go back and look it up if you'd like or I can PM you exactly what the name is and where to read about how it went down. Again meishuu's software was not the reason for the original set of bans or the hacking of the rewards store; they were scapegoats. That was half the point of my post above. They started a witch hunt against people that did not cause the shop problem and turned a fairly benign piece of code into the situation we have today (and one that could have been avoided). Most of the community would continue to know nothing about the proxy even now had they not done that. Thus they made horrible, not well thought out decisions. Now whether it should exist in the first place or not is another discussion that relies on two companies that can't seem to do what a couple of in-our-free-time programmers could - fix problems.