server transfers

why the hell have they been down for a month and how? why is enmasse acting like it isnt a big deal, its losing them so much money and causing so many active players including myself to lose motivation to play the game and causing so many inconveniences. im sure one sit down would fix it as it isnt that big of an issue. cant you just temporarily open them for the people who have been trying to switch for months now to transfer? like im sure itd get you some money. can we at least get an update if its even being worked on at all? kinda ridiculous at this point haha

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    This is just my pet peeve, but...
    hahloli wrote: »
    why the hell have they been down for a month and how?
    im sure one sit down would fix it as it isnt that big of an issue.
    ...if you don't even know what the issue is, how are you so sure it's that easy to fix?

And also...
    why is enmasse acting like it isnt a big deal
    Is this only based on the fact that it isn't fixed yet? Like, if only they cared more, it'd be fixed by now?

Anyway, the answers you seek are in this thread and this thread.

The TL;DR is: they know it's important, they told BHS how important it is, but they have to wait on BHS to provide a fix. It really sucks for everyone, including them (since it's costing them both money and players). If they could fix it in "one sit down", it would already have been fixed.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    While they are at it, could they do one sit down and optimize the game, it's easy right?
  • I personally don`t care whose responsibility that is, or whatever technical difficulties are involved in fixing this. I don`t care whose at fault, or how many good Samaritan attempt to present arguments for them. I don`t care, i`m just a simple buyer, and this is suppose to be a valid feature of this product. And, no, I`m not going to go with the whole losing the player base argument because I think that's redundant. They are losing money, players and reputation. That's obvious. Its also obvious that there are many other problems which might be at a higher level of priority for them. I think that if the server transfer was such a "deal breaker", more then anything else, then they would have fixed it by now. Just an opinion.

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if they compensated the players by merging servers. I mean, dead servers create buyers like me, so there's some profit in that I guess. Though that's a poor business model, squeezing money from people fleeing dead places. Nobody is that desperate, I hope. Though I personally would overlook everything involving this, if they merged the servers. I would rather wait for a server merge, over waiting for a server transfer. Communication is key here, and I believe that if people that shared my opinion knew they had something better to expect, I think they would wait in peace.
  • You have to remember they have other games they're trying to work on as well, not all their attention falls on TERA right now it's mainly PUBG.
  • hahloli wrote: »
    why the hell have they been down for a month and how? why is enmasse acting like it isnt a big deal, its losing them so much money and causing so many active players including myself to lose motivation to play the game and causing so many inconveniences. im sure one sit down would fix it as it isnt that big of an issue. cant you just temporarily open them for the people who have been trying to switch for months now to transfer? like im sure itd get you some money. can we at least get an update if its even being worked on at all? kinda ridiculous at this point haha

BHS's focus isn't on TERA, we all know BHS doesn't care about fixing things on TERA as we have seen all these bugs from years ago.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    I don't care for transfers , care even less for letters

This isn't to any one particular but what i don't get tho is if you really have to raid with your group and your as good as you charry on , is why you just haven't started anew on that server , with your guilds help (besides cash shop cosmetics) you'd have it all by now
    I'm a solo no one and since this lvl up event I've created 10 new alts an they now range for lvl 30 to 65 already , so surely with your builds help that you want to raid with you'd be there, with out boycotts and with out giving EME/BHS a cent , besides half still whinging here were going to quite weeks ago if this wasn't resolved
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    x

Because, not everyone has time to just make tons of characters. Secondly, who ever mentioned a raid ? Plus it's easier just to have your main with you because..well it's your main.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    Ghiblii wrote: »
    tisnotme wrote: »
    x

Because, not everyone has time to just make tons of characters. Secondly, who ever mentioned a raid ? Plus it's easier just to have your main with you because..well it's your main.

A fair amount that have commented on closed server transfers have stated they want to be with their guild who have already transferred of doing raid in the server the want to transfer too or both
    And i never said any one had to make a ton of characters , just the one to tide then over till this issue is done , that can be done fast enough
    Also where are you all going to be if this takes months like it did on their priority server ktera when they had a problem like this , or as some have stated they they just don't care , well what if they don't care enough that it ends up never happening (and i doubt this will be the case)
    But for the intrum a character in the server where you want to go may not be a fix buy may help for the short period
  • I agree with the post above about making a new character on the server you want to transfer to. that way you can see if you like it or not. also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
    you described life of new player in tera precisely. thats why most of them quit long before 65 from frustration leading to boredom
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    edited August 14
    > @tisnotme said:
    > Ghiblii wrote: »
    > tisnotme wrote: »
    > Because, not everyone has time to just make tons of characters. Secondly, who ever mentioned a raid ? Plus it's easier just to have your main with you because..well it's your main.
    >
    > A fair amount that have commented on closed server transfers have stated they want to be with their guild who have already transferred of doing raid in the server the want to transfer too or both
    > And i never said any one had to make a ton of characters , just the one to tide then over till this issue is done , that can be done fast enough
    > Also where are you all going to be if this takes months like it did on their priority server ktera when they had a problem like this , or as some have stated they they just don't care , well what if they don't care enough that it ends up never happening (and i doubt this will be the case)
    > But for the intrum a character in the server where you want to go may not be a fix buy may help for the short period

[Removing Forum Violation]
  • Starkhoe wrote: »
    Communication is key here, and I believe that if people that shared my opinion knew they had something better to expect, I think they would wait in peace.

The intention has already been communicated. When server transfers are able to be re-enabled, the TERA team will re-enable them. At the moment we're waiting for a fix and there is a lot of attention on the issue. There are no current plans for any server merges.
  • Ghiblii wrote: »
    You have to remember they have other games they're trying to work on as well, not all their attention falls on TERA right now it's mainly PUBG.

Different development teams work on each of Bluehole's games. Trust me when I say they have a lot of developers. It's not a time management issue.
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    also sometimes leveling a new character on a different server without your bank full of stuff is like playing in hard mode lol.
    you described life of new player in tera precisely. thats why most of them quit long before 65 from frustration leading to boredom

This is kind of off-topic, but are you saying that most players quit before reaching 65 because TERA is too hard? allofspaceandtime said it was like playing in "hard mode" without a bank full of stuff, and you agree. I'm curious if you have any examples of people you know trying TERA and quitting on their first character before 65, claiming the road to max level is really tough?
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Starkhoe wrote: »
    >
    > Communication is key here, and I believe that if people that shared my opinion knew they had something better to expect, I think they would wait in peace.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The intention has already been communicated. When server transfers are able to be re-enabled, the TERA team will re-enable them. At the moment we're waiting for a fix and there is a lot of attention on the issue. There are no current plans for any server merges.

Sadly this won't calm people down. They will demand more info, like when's the last time you spoke directly to bhs about this, do they have a projected timeline on a fix, etc.