[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Why are we not allowed to talk about server transfers?

Comments

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    Scrap wrote: »
    no...
    no, not...
    it can't be...
    NOOO NOT TONKA

(off topic but fun fact: my pug's name is Tonka, his breeding name is Cole's Trained Tonka Tanker.
    I always break out grinning when I think about them having the same name.)

Oh yes...
    And... taking over Tera is only the beginning! first comes Tera. Tomorrow? the world!

You have a pug? that's pretty cool actually :O
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @TheCatalyst said:
    > If server transfer is broken, then how tf server merge supposed to work?
    >
    > Plis stahp dragging the rest of us innocent gamers into your problems with your childish tantrum.
    > :angry:

Selfish tantrum for waiting over a month for something that should be fixed, EME waiting for a "new build" we all know how thats gonna go.

You'd think they would realize thid issue ans manually xfer chars
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teekz wrote: »

I'll guess by the jail cell that you make a lot of intelligent remarks. This is another intelligent remark...

You do realize they lose money when this service is disabled right? They lose lot of money every month due to this, and they probably lose a lot of time on customer service responding to tickets from people that do not understand this, which hurts all of other customer service tickets..

EME has stated they can't fix this, it's a glitch in the build, BHS has to fix this. EME literally does not have the ability to do anything about this.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @TheCatalyst said:
    > If server transfer is broken, then how tf server merge supposed to work?
    >
    > Plis stahp dragging the rest of us innocent gamers into your problems with your childish tantrum.
    > :angry:

Selfish tantrum for waiting over a month for something that should be fixed, EME waiting for a "new build" we all know how thats gonna go.

So, you think they like not getting money and having people pissed off?
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Selfish tantrum for waiting over a month for something that should be fixed, EME waiting for a "new build" we all know how thats gonna go. You'd think they would realize thid issue ans manually xfer chars

You know, I am no where near being an advocate of EME or BHS. You can read some of my previous replies on this thread, if you don`t believe me. I think that a lot of BS is going around this subject, and that dedicated players will say just about anything to make you come out ignorant - even if they agree with you. Why? its the internet and they wont bite the hand that feeds, just for you. Do the math. However, that being said... even I understand that waiting is the only option available on this subject. However, there are alternatives. You said that you've been waiting for a month, right? so here are a few things you can do to pass you're time:

1) you can play a different game for the time being, or quit altogether. I can recommend some pretty good action based games, if thats what you're into. Some of them are even better then Tera, if you ask me.

2) open some alts on the server you want to transfer too and put them to use: make some passive farmers so you will have more gold when you move in with you're main. You're already going to be there at some point in time, right? so why not make the best of it? if you're stuck in a dead server, then now you will have something to do. And while you're at it, go make some connections there. Why not. Join a guild, or check out guilds you might be interested in. It works. You can tell them you're story and make some friends along the way. That way when you get you're main there, you will already be somewhat established, and you can get down to businesses.

3) You could continue to do what you're doing, and blame the messengers (EME). But thats not gonna get you anywhere. In fact, if you really feel that strongly about this, then address BHS yourself. They are the ones pulling the strings, not EME. Contact them. And if you feel like you're own voice might not be enough to reach them, then rally more people to you're cause. Make some kind of petition or protest which involves more players. Make some real noise, make some chaos, get dedicated. Become part of a statistic, because one person is meaningless. This suggestion probably wont work though. But, hey, if you got nothing better to do, literally, then go for it.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @CassandraTR said:
    > Teekz wrote: »
    >
    > You'd think they would realize thid issue ans manually xfer chars
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll guess by the jail cell that you make a lot of intelligent remarks. This is another intelligent remark...
    >
    > You do realize they lose money when this service is disabled right? They lose lot of money every month due to this, and they probably lose a lot of time on customer service responding to tickets from people that do not understand this, which hurts all of other customer service tickets..
    >
    > EME has stated they can't fix this, it's a glitch in the build, BHS has to fix this. EME literally does not have the ability to do anything about this.

I mean why rush it with a leveling event and new items to buy, you guys act like theyre NOT making money just cause of XFERs.

And you talk about dedication?
    How long have you played Tera?
    Are you tier10?
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @Starkhoe said:
    > Teekz wrote: »
    >
    > Selfish tantrum for waiting over a month for something that should be fixed, EME waiting for a "new build" we all know how thats gonna go. You'd think they would realize thid issue ans manually xfer chars
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You know, I am no where near being an advocate of EME or BHS. You can read some of my previous replies on this thread, if you don`t believe me. I think that a lot of BS is going around this subject, and that dedicated players will say just about anything to make you come out ignorant - even if they agree with you. Why? its the internet and a smart person wont bite the hand that feeds. Do the math. However, that being said... even I understand that waiting is the only option available on this subject. However, there are alternatives. You said that you've been waiting for a month, right? so here are a few things you can do to pass you're time:
    >
    > 1) you can play a different game for the time being, or quit altogether. I can recommend some pretty good action based games, if thats what you're into. Some of them are even better then Tera, if you ask me.
    >
    > 2) open some alts on the server you want to transfer too and put them to use: make some passive farmers so you will have more gold when you move in with you're main. You're already going to be there at some point in time, right? so why not make the best of it? if you're stuck in a dead server, then now you will have something to do. And while you're at it, go make some connections there. Why not. Join a guild, or check out guilds you might be interested in. It works. You can tell them you're story and make some friends along the way. That way when you get you're main there, you will already be somewhat established, and you can get down to businesses.
    >
    > 3) You could continue to do what you're doing, and blame the messengers (EME). But thats not gonna get you anywhere. In fact, if you really feel that strongly about this, then address BHS yourself. They are the ones pulling the strings, not EME. Contact them. And if you feel like you're own voice might not be enough to reach them, then rally more people to you're cause. Make some kind of petition or protest which involves more players. Make some real noise, make some chaos, get dedicated. Become part of a statistic, because one person is meaningless. This suggestion probably wont work though. But, hey, if you got nothing better to do, literally, then go for it.

And ive already got a guild who merged during the one day they said it was "fixed" while i was at work and guess what they went down the later that day and have been down

Sure recommend some games
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean why rush it with a leveling event and new items to buy, you guys act like theyre NOT making money just cause of XFERs.

And you talk about dedication?
    How long have you played Tera?
    Are you tier10?

I never even used the word dedication once. I've played since gunner release. I'm tier 8.

It's not about the fact that they do or don't make money. I think you should take a business course. They lose money when a service is not available.

My point is that you seem to think they do it on purpose, and that they don't want to have transfers enabled. If they enable it, then you transfer, and you lose items when you transfer by storing them in your your pet. And then you contact customer service saying "WHERE ARE MY ITEMS, I DEMAND RETRIBUTION," and then CS spends time on it, when they can't fix it.

It's a big deal, you just think it's as easy as clicking on a box.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go with one example,

In Smite, Raijin a caster god was introduced, there was a bug with him, with one of his spell and an item which was dealing true damage, it was procing twice, so it means it was killing people, mostly one shotting, pretty game breaking, ppl were asking oh fix it and things like we see here. Things like that are normal, Then it was mentioned why was taking too long to fix the issue, because of the nature of that Skill, they had to write a new algorithm for that skill, but also that meant it could effect other skills with that item and effect the other ones negatively, the only way for them to fix the issue was to write Algorithm for each skill that could be effected. I think it took almost 2 months to fix an issue with one spell.

Moral of my poor written story with bad English is, it is not that simple, specially in a MMO game that Xfer effects multiple items, each of those items have their own algorithm, so they have to go deep and see and double check each one and when they found the problem, they gonna re-write them, just like developing a new patch.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    And ive already got a guild who merged during the one day they said it was "fixed" while i was at work and guess what they went down the later that day and have been down. Sure recommend some games

I`m sorry to hear that. We are on the same boat. Though i`m glad you understand that arguing with people is pointless, as it is a never ending cycle that gets you nowhere. "Beating" someone in this argument is kinda easy actually, there are no brain surgeons in here. But honestly, its not worth the time. And if you're T10 as you stated earlier, then sounds to me like you spent alot of time, and perhaps its time to spend it on something thats worth your while. Self interest is key, always.

[Removing section of Post due to Forum Violation : Any promotion of non-En Masse Entertainment, non-TERA commercial ventures. / Any links or advertisements to download software or games which are not published or endorsed by En Masse Entertainment]

On a side note: even Tab targeting games can be played in more of a "action sense", if you tweak you're shortcrust to manual activation, and place skills on top each other, so that they will activate one after the other. Doing this saves you the trouble of using a Macro, if you're interested in competitive gameplay, without cheating. It might not seem like much, but by doing this you can enjoy action based combat in a much wider array of games. BNS for example is very sloppy if you don`t tweak the keys. But if you get it right, its a whole new ballgame. Same goes for other targeting games. You can create you're own rotations, and control everything manually.
  • I think that the main thing the people (who want server xfers) want is just a courtesy update once every couple days from EME of just (sorry, still waiting) - or (sorry, still working on hotfix) - etc. - so that way the consumer can feel assured that EME is out there trying to fix server xfers for them. I felt that it was a little unprofessional of EME to close the thread that they opened - cutting off updates to the people wanting server xfers. There were some toxic comments, so I completely understand EME removing some posts, but I believe that they should have left it open to give an update once every couple days to show professionalism and courtesy to their customers/players.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    > @TheTarget said:
    > I think that the main thing the people (who want server xfers) want is just a courtesy update once every couple days from EME of just (sorry, still waiting) - or (sorry, still working on hotfix) - etc. - so that way the consumer can feel assured that EME is out there trying to fix server xfers for them. I felt that it was a little unprofessional of EME to close the thread that they opened - cutting off updates to the people wanting server xfers. There were some toxic comments, so I completely understand EME removing some posts, but I believe that they should have left it open to give an update once every couple days to show professionalism and courtesy to their customers/players.

Someone gets it.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    TheTarget wrote: »
    I think that the main thing the people (who want server xfers) want is just a courtesy update once every couple days from EME of just (sorry, still waiting) - or (sorry, still working on hotfix) - etc. - so that way the consumer can feel assured that EME is out there trying to fix server xfers for them. I felt that it was a little unprofessional of EME to close the thread that they opened - cutting off updates to the people wanting server xfers. There were some toxic comments, so I completely understand EME removing some posts, but I believe that they should have left it open to give an update once every couple days to show professionalism and courtesy to their customers/players.

No, they did the right thing by closing it. If you'd actually bother reading the thread, you'd see it was filled with nothing but "WAI ISNT THIS FIXED YET EME?!?!?!?!?!" "YOU GUYS ARE CONSPIRING AGAINST US" "TARNATION YOU, EME" "ASHDBASJDBASHUDBUASD"

Thank god they closed that thread. The flaming and harassment was getting too far. Thankfully this thread isn't as bad as the previous one.
  • TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    Wasn't about reading it, truthfully I could careless about reading it.

After the 3rd party thing and how they handled that they said there would be more communication between EME that they would work for it.
    How hard is it as TheTarget said to comment every couple of days saying "Hey we are pushing for it but as of now there are no fixes" you yourself said it "wai isnt this fixed yet eme?!?!?!?!?!" why not "fix it now" just information.

I know I've came off as rude or stupid but im more of annoyed with how much money others and I put into this game to feel like the community as a WHOLE is ignored.

Not just me on this particular incident
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheTarget wrote: »
    I think that the main thing the people (who want server xfers) want is just a courtesy update once every couple days from EME of just (sorry, still waiting) - or (sorry, still working on hotfix) - etc. - so that way the consumer can feel assured that EME is out there trying to fix server xfers for them.

OK, how would that help? They already said they passed the news to BHS, they're waiting for a fix and they'll let us know when there's any development. How would being told "still waiting" every other day help?