[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Ideas for improving existing BGs

11920212325

Comments

  • I just want EME/BHS will do something for crystal requirement for BG and IMS. Every time in BG and IMS, there is some people who have completely useless crystals on. Those people will be a significant disadvantage for their team, and the fact is that they are NOT ready at all.

    I really wish make a good guide, a tutorial, or a requirement for crystal.

    Obviously, this idea will eventually helps all new players as well. TERA does not teach how crystals are important for their role. And new players with wrong crystals cannot get a party or cannot do their role quickly so that they easily get bored.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

    Pls, make the same mistakes as those in 2012 so PvP comunity one again dilute to other games as before for how strategic gameplay is killed for the sake of satisfied once again the healers in the game.

    reading everything your write is like polio in literature form. i'm going to need to get booster shots after ingesting this

    1) what pvp community???? you actually need a big enough community to legitimately worry about dilution
    2) healers are the most scarce class in pvp. no healers no skyring pops, gg, have fun circle [filtered] in a dps ring together

    i can't even begin to parse all that other nonsense you've been saying
  • Phoebus260Phoebus260 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I would like to include my piece on improving BGs:

    General:
    • Introduce a separate Corsairs Stronghold or another BG for lowbies, so they can get acclimated to PvP early on.
    • Bring back Kumasylum( I never had a chance to play it, it looks fun).
    • You know those Class Skill NPCs that exist in towns like Velika? Turn them into PvP tutors so players can learn how to fight with their class.
    • In every BG, both teams should have the same number tanks & healers. I've been in raids where no tank(s) = REKT
    • Bring back BC and KS credits. The system we have is the equivalent of a participation trophy.

    Corsairs Stronghold
    • Stop making skills penetrate gates. I find it unfair that players from the other side of said gate can still receive damage.
    • Maybe add a catapult feature to the fortress, to either launch players or bigger bombs that deal greater damage.
    • Make bombs inflict more damage and maybe add a little explosion animation.
    • Can someone tell me if there any other classes that can't use one or more skill(s) in CS? When I play Mystic, I can't use my Thrall of Wrath, so therefore some other classes shouldn't be allowed to used some of their skills, like Valkyries, for example.
    • Make tanks move faster and more durable.

    For FWC, I can't think of any suggestions except more BAMs, I guess.
    I don't think Skyring needs anything else.
    I've only played Gridiron twice on Mystic and lost, lol. So, no suggestions from me. :expressionless:

    In terms of eq/uneq gear, I believe the new gear change will be a milestone for PvP gear.
  • Why are you guys spending 20 pages arguing about EQ vs Un-EQ gear when they're already reverting Fraywind Canyon to Un-EQ above a certain item level with the gear revamp patch? It's happening.

    I guess you could debate whether Gridiron and solo 3s could be Un-EQ-ed but they've already made the decision to undo one of the larger EQ gear changes.
  • Vunak wrote: »
    MiskuChan wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    Irrelevant Skyring Slam had +15 gear as well. And yes Healers are still killable just as they were back in the day. More so because Kaia back in the day actually shielded for more because people weren't putting out the damage they are now.

    No, that's stupid.

    One void pulse or half a radiant arrow charge could break kaias back in vm1/vm2, even a single wallop could do it and zerker thunder strike was no problem. Many classes could also solo a priest in vm1/vm2. Now, with 10 second GS, 40k kaias and triple cds also crit resist etchings and attack speed etchings, it's basically impossible to solo a +15 healer with +15 gear. Oh I also forgot about dyads lul, relentless and warding luls.

    Not to mention how easy it is for lancer/priest comp with rallying cry and guardian shout.

    It's blindingly obvious you're either new or never played 3's back then.

    We didn't have classes like Valk, reaper, revamp archer etc. back then either, so the damage certainly wasn't at the output it is now. One VP or Arcane Pulse could easily take a Priests Kaia now as well so that's kinda moot especially in equalized. But yes I exaggerated, but I could one combo healers for days before Sorcerer revamp +15 vs 15 easy. I haven't really put the time in post revamp to do the same admittedly.

    Lancer/Priest/?? has always been a really strong comp. That is more a Lancer thing than a Priest thing though, rallying and guardian shout I mean, as they are still a strong comp with a mystic and auras. Just depends on the comp they are fighting which healer would be better.

    I'm a Blood Rave/ Blood Soaked Sorcerer.

    No you're not, the great thing about having a small 3's community is that everyone knows who got 1800 or 2k + getting a BR weapon from FOK doesn't count.

    Show me a +15 sorc breaking a +15 priest with all etchings kaias with one void pulse please I'd love to see it. Archers back in vm1 were worse than they are now, minus the invisi traps. Damage output in general was way higher percentage wise in vm1. I'd also love to see a skyring match in +15 where a sorc solo'd a +15 healer, never happened wouldn't happen. But feel free to prove me wrong show me a video of it happening.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    MiskuChan wrote: »
    No you're not, the great thing about having a small 3's community is that everyone knows who got 1800 or 2k + getting a BR weapon from FOK doesn't count.

    Show me a +15 sorc breaking a +15 priest with all etchings kaias with one void pulse please I'd love to see it. Archers back in vm1 were worse than they are now, minus the invisi traps. Damage output in general was way higher percentage wise in vm1. I'd also love to see a skyring match in +15 where a sorc solo'd a +15 healer, never happened wouldn't happen. But feel free to prove me wrong show me a video of it happening.

    Whatever you say.

    There were only ever a few Sorcerers that knew the combos that could one combo a priest like that. Impulse, Spirited, Me, Icha.... Spirited Away. But you apparently don't remember when a Sorcerers Nerve Exhaust didn't break on damage and they had some of the craziest combo's out, or when VP could crit for 70k.

    I admit I don't know about +15 now vs +15 now since like I said I haven't done a lot of team queue since most of the people I used to play with quit a long time ago and I haven't had much incentive or desire to jump back into team queue.

    Its a bit difficult to breach into team queue 3s now, as I have tried to bring a few skilled, but new players into team queue only be matched vs Poke and numb to get smashed into oblivion since they weren't used to looking for Giga and all that in something like 3s and then lost all incentive to queue anymore, which sucked because it was fun regardless.

    But like someone else said, non equalized is on its way back so we shall see then along with the gear revamp what it does for PvP. Hopefully it brings back some old players and it has sustaining power. Will it ever be as good as it was back in VM1, doubtful.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    But combos with nerve exhaustion work(ed) mostly on people with high ping (or inexperienced), so that's not exactly saying anything. Plus it's beyond easy to interrupt (by a teammate) since it takes too long, not to mention you have to crit (not exactly a high chance for a sorc back then vs a priest). Eventually it turns more into a game of luck.

    On the other hand I've soloed so many priests (yes as sorc, but I was playing only on EU back then) during VM1 and even VM2 times (when it was uneq obviously). Back then so fewer people whined about imbalance than today, because the game meta was in much better shape. And no I don't care about new classes since healers are old class, so compare them with old classes.

    Ah I remember the times priests had to be careful (remember even Emar's video in those times, so very old) with giga and carefully using GS against it when you had to come closer to your team. Now? Spam that thing off CD, such mad healer skills, wow.
    Vunak wrote: »
    Technically they allowed it because the playerbase said it was okay. They asked the players bout rules they wanted/didnt want and ressing was one of the things people agreed on more than disagreed on.
    Exactly my point. Because what the playerbase wants or finds ok is not (always) balance, simple as that. I foresaw how idiotic the combination of the gear + allowing res would be together and yet, it means nothing when you listen to the clueless majority. Then you have noob fights that last 30 minutes (I lost track) and obviously inferior teams (in terms of skill/outplay) win by using such cheap [filtered]. And people called it "balance".

    This is why that has no significance to true balance. In this case, I think it's quite similar.
    Vunak wrote: »
    Its a bit difficult to breach into team queue 3s now
    Yeah, because of gear. There's 2 types of PvP people, those who enjoy small scale arenas like Skyring and want to be competitive at it, and those who only play it casually or not at all. The latter group is completely irrelevant, yet they are the ones who usually have gear (as they also play PvE and such) and people always look at them look how many have gear but don't queue. Such nonsense.

    The former do mostly Skyring and rarely other content. Those people don't stack crap between patches, and they need to practice a lot. Not waste playing time doing PvE. You don't look at them cause they usually aren't geared for more than 1 patch in any game. It's as simple as that.

    I find it hilarious that people think unequalized will bring *back* people who quit for a long time. People who quit for 1 patch, maybe, since they have stacked up mats, otherwise extremely unlikely. Plus, that's just FWC. Most people who love FWC all day will never be good enough for Skyring, just the way it is.

    Do you know what made people who quit TERA come back to EU? Equalized premade event. Even if it was temporary, they came back just for it (and quit after again). Because there is no barrier to entry after having quit (they already have skills, probably a bit rusty but w/e). Nobody will come back when he's playing something else to farm gear before he gets to play what he likes in TERA. What's the point? He can keep playing his current game and enjoy it instantly. Gear (and farming) is nothing but a cockblock for competitive PvPers and old veterans.

    I don't even care about the uneq FWC coming back or not, I want Skyring Team equalized, so it's a totally different point (to whoever mentioned it). I mean this thread is about ideas to improve existing BGs.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Borsuc wrote: »
    But combos with nerve exhaustion work(ed) mostly on people with high ping (or inexperienced), so that's not exactly saying anything. Plus it's beyond easy to interrupt (by a teammate) since it takes too long, not to mention you have to crit (not exactly a high chance for a sorc back then vs a priest). Eventually it turns more into a game of luck.

    On the other hand I've soloed so many priests (yes as sorc, but I was playing only on EU back then) during VM1 and even VM2 times (when it was uneq obviously). Back then so fewer people whined about imbalance than today, because the game meta was in much better shape. And no I don't care about new classes since healers are old class, so compare them with old classes.

    Ah I remember the times priests had to be careful (remember even Emar's video in those times, so very old) with giga and carefully using GS against it when you had to come closer to your team. Now? Spam that thing off CD, such mad healer skills, wow.

    Sorcerer could crit easily against a Priest back then if you built your Sorc the right way, and crit really hard. You didn't have to pull the whole extended Spirited Away combo to kill a Priest, that was more for Lancers/Brawlers. Even Fireblast crits could completely wreck a Priest, anyone really.

    There is a misconception that I have fueled myself, so I apologize. I am not lauding 3s now compared to how it was back during VM1. It was way more competitive back then and much closer together in terms of balance and it certainly wasn't as gear gated because awakening wasn't a thing. I hate the way gear stands now and how non equalized would cause a lot of imbalance because of it. But equalized as it stands now isn't exactly balanced either. That is the only point I have tried to make in this whole thread and I have kinda gone off subject a lot.

    I want equalized, but I want it done correctly. Actually scratch that, I want a gearing system that doesn't cause massive disparities between the top and bottom so people still have something to work towards. But as it stands now that isn't going to happen, the only reason I say non equalized is because if it stays equalized the way it is now there are certain classes that will not perform all that well and there isn't anyway for those classes to improve (obviously not talking about skill, just hard numbers) in comparison to other classes.

    On the other hand we do have a gear revamp system coming in so perhaps the gearing won't be as gated as it is now and non equalized vs equalized won't be as big of a deal like it used to be. But this is wishful thinking and likely not going to happen, which in that case I hope they revamp the equalized gear in ways that allow for more customization and bring the classes closer together with stat weights.

    Borsuc wrote: »
    Yeah, because of gear. There's 2 types of PvP people, those who enjoy small scale arenas like Skyring and want to be competitive at it, and those who only play it casually or not at all. The latter group is completely irrelevant, yet they are the ones who usually have gear (as they also play PvE and such) and people always look at them look how many have gear but don't queue. Such nonsense.

    The former do mostly Skyring and rarely other content. Those people don't stack crap between patches, and they need to practice a lot. Not waste playing time doing PvE. You don't look at them cause they usually aren't geared for more than 1 patch in any game. It's as simple as that.

    I find it hilarious that people think unequalized will bring *back* people who quit for a long time. People who quit for 1 patch, maybe, since they have stacked up mats, otherwise extremely unlikely. Plus, that's just FWC. Most people who love FWC all day will never be good enough for Skyring, just the way it is.

    Do you know what made people who quit TERA come back to EU? Equalized premade event. Even if it was temporary, they came back just for it (and quit after again). Because there is no barrier to entry after having quit (they already have skills, probably a bit rusty but w/e). Nobody will come back when he's playing something else to farm gear before he gets to play what he likes in TERA. What's the point? He can keep playing his current game and enjoy it instantly. Gear (and farming) is nothing but a cockblock for competitive PvPers and old veterans.

    I don't even care about the uneq FWC coming back or not, I want Skyring Team equalized, so it's a totally different point (to whoever mentioned it). I mean this thread is about ideas to improve existing BGs.

    It had nothing to do with gear and everything to do with experience. We were fully geared +15 going against fully geared +15. Had the gear been equalized it would of been no different than the outcome we saw. Saying things like people that FWC will never be good enough for 3s is part of the reason why a lot of players that would do 3s don't. The 3s community is extremely toxic to players trying to get into it. Even in solo queue where it is meant for practice you have people getting kicked for whatever reasons (some legitimate, some not) or people like Arooo who would kick just to stack his own team.

    If they ran another Skyring Slam tournament we would likely see a huge surge of old players come back and participate and it would likely have more lasting power than an equalized weekend as it would show EME is giving an effort to support the PvP community again. The total lack of PvP support and pushing everything to PvE for gearing and everything else really put a lot of PvP players off from this game. When they announced that Skyring and Canyon Clash weren't going to happen anymore, we lost a lot of good players.

    • They should bring back BG credits.
    • Bring back leaderboards
    • Bring back Crusades
    • Bring back legitimate ways to gear through PvP just like PvE
    • Bring back old FWC, where pillars meant more so its not just a massive zerg fight vs zerg fight and more tactical in nature
    • Bring back Skyring Slam and Canyon Clash
    • Let us random or multiple BG queue
    • Revamp the equalized gear so it doesn't cause the disparities it does now if its necessary with the new revamped gearing system
    • Some new maps would be nice as well just to change things up


  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Vunak wrote: »
    • They should bring back BG credits.
    • Bring back leaderboards
    • Bring back Crusades
    • Bring back legitimate ways to gear through PvP just like PvE
    • Bring back old FWC, where pillars meant more so its not just a massive zerg fight vs zerg fight and more tactical in nature
    • Bring back Skyring Slam and Canyon Clash
    • Let us random or multiple BG queue
    • Revamp the equalized gear so it doesn't cause the disparities it does now if its necessary with the new revamped gearing system
    • Some new maps would be nice as well just to change things up

    I think we agree in all of those things and several of us already pointed the lack of them in the game made PvP dificult to enjoy.

    I will add to all that, BHS should not make new classes with that much advantage over others, we know that a new class need to be the FotM so people make one to play but making them so far away from others and letting that class be on top for months makes the PvP experience disgusting. Hense a proper class balance that should be revised at least every week to consider what to nerf and what to buff.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    @Spacecats My idea:

    A guaranteed daily reward for all BGs including "Win 3x in ___ receive 100 tier 12" and then "win 10x in ____ receive _____" and even stuff like "win 20x in ____ receive ____" I think it'd keep everyone qing each battleground all day... just make the rewards actually rewarding and don't limit them by vanguards. I think a lot of people are turned off of the idea of the RNG battleground boxes. It is extremely disheartening when you win and win and win and still receive 1feed or a rejuv. I formerly was for the rng boxes - being someone who has high win rate but recently since I work a lot whatever time I put into this game I kind of get disappointed by RNG.

    I would suggest basing whatever reward you choose on how long it would take to receive that reward in a dungeon assuming you can easily clear dungeons. So if it takes 1 hour to complete a dungeon that would in total give you around 65 tier 12 feedstock, I would consider making that the 3x victory reward.

    Make battlegrounds something we can grind all day to actually sustain gear-farming and people will absolutely play. There is TOO much uncertainty with the RNG BG victory rewards... and chances are you will be disappointed. Statistically, the more you win - the more you should get - however that from my experience has not been very true.

    VM mats as a "10x win in FWC" would be a good idea aswell. Like 2x talisman, or 3x badge.

    My experience lately in playing other games is that what has been keeping me going is 110% the fact that I feel my time equals my reward. With RNG bg boxes, you don't receive that same guarantee.

    To add: I know that many people left the game because they feel there is too much emphasis on PVE rather than PVP. I'm not saying this to be hurtful, but I really think that if EME puts in the effort to create an environment for people who love BGs we can easily gain back a lot of who we lost. I luckily changed my playstyle to a hybrid of PVE/PVP although I would prefer to just PVP but not everyone is interested in that.
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    On the other hand we do have a gear revamp system coming in so perhaps the gearing won't be as gated as it is now and non equalized vs equalized won't be as big of a deal like it used to be.

    new gear system is cancer to enchant getting +9 top tier gear is like harder than +15 now
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    gib wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    On the other hand we do have a gear revamp system coming in so perhaps the gearing won't be as gated as it is now and non equalized vs equalized won't be as big of a deal like it used to be.

    new gear system is cancer to enchant getting +9 top tier gear is like harder than +15 now

    I'll reserve judgement until it comes to NA. Nothing EME or BHS has done in the past inspires confidence, but still, I wont judge it until we get it. Which is more just me having wishful thinking that EME will actually do something to make things a bit better for their market.

    But I figured this was the case.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    There is a misconception that I have fueled myself, so I apologize. I am not lauding 3s now compared to how it was back during VM1. It was way more competitive back then and much closer together in terms of balance and it certainly wasn't as gear gated because awakening wasn't a thing. I hate the way gear stands now and how non equalized would cause a lot of imbalance because of it. But equalized as it stands now isn't exactly balanced either. That is the only point I have tried to make in this whole thread and I have kinda gone off subject a lot.
    Yeah I get the point you were making, but I'm saying eq gear is closer to how it was back during VM1 then than non-eq these days. It's missing some attack speed but has more damage (comparatively speaking), so less utility but around the same amount of spike or DPS. Either way, no CDR bullsht and GS/Kaia spams from priests. (well CDR did not even exist during VM1, full stop)
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    So with things like the "[KTERA] July Suggestion Board Review Results" not mentioning anything ever said in this thread (or about PvP for that matter), I'm guessing that says everything.

    Thanks for nothing @Spacecats.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Borsuc wrote: »
    So with things like the "[KTERA] July Suggestion Board Review Results" not mentioning anything ever said in this thread (or about PvP for that matter), I'm guessing that says everything.

    Thanks for nothing @Spacecats.

    Yeah. I really didn't expect anything different to be perfectly honest. BHS doesn't and has never really cared about the NA market aside from being their main cash cow. Which is really asinine as they could be making a ton more money if they actually put the effort in to listen to the NA market.

    It sucks because TERA still has a massive amount of potential and with the proper marketing and patches they could easily gain back a massive amount of players and appeal in the MMO world, not just with changes to PvP, but with changes to PvE and overall content progression.

    Honestly this could be the reason a lot of our main heads have moved on from EME. It is pretty frustrating to be spinning your wheels and not getting anywhere. Especially as a community liaison like Tonka was and knowing what the community wants but not having that feedback given and forwarded being listened to or used at all.
Sign In or Register to comment.