[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 2/18 at 6pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Comments

• Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me drop these off here whileyou're at it.

Also, tag me for any questions you may have.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNFyLfTcBLTAODN0WAeIcWpzhoKQY1d-9bgW40SedAs/edit?usp=sharing
  • They said they're reducing the grind but... they are also adding accessory etchings...
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Campaigner wrote: »
    They said they're reducing the grind but... they are also adding accessory etchings...

They aren't exactly reducing the grind, but they have made it such that you don't exactly need to hoard a ton of mats just to advance.

It is less stressful too because of the streamlining. You will naturally advance faster with this system until you are nearing BiS. Also you don't need to max enchant for the gear to be useful, which is the whole point of gear progression.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaigner wrote: »
    They said they're reducing the grind but... they are also adding accessory etchings...

It's more of a simplification of the system with changes that make it less of an annoyance.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my personal experience in gameplay so far:

It's super easy for new players to adapt to the game. They might need some pointers still, but they removed several RNG from enchanting
    1. Masterwork is no longer there. Currently existing gears have static 3% MW bonus based on what I have calculated from other people's gears (if they had them). If you've dumped a ton of gold just by doing this, this saves gold.
    2. You can freely choose additional stats without having to reroll using MES and Spellbinds. This saves a ton of gold (unless you always get perfect rolls with old system somehow). So this is much better for informed new players. If they mess up, they can simply buy new one and try again or evolve the gear for free re-roll.
    3. Resources do not cost as much until High tier. I was able to farm 100k gold in a single week, and that's from lazy gameplay of 3 hours or so running dungeons. If you need Enchantment materials more than gold, you go to IoD. Low tier and Mid tier can be repeated if you need, so you can literally spend an hour a day there and have enough mat to evolve entire set from mid tier to high tier in a week.
    4. Again, gold income is very easy. Run dungeons. That's it. You get enough gold from running dungeons to enchant your gear. Gearing only gets harder at High tier because they require a material that are obtained through Artisan/Master crafting.

All these were achievable from scratch-- I did it in an empty account. And with how EME run things, they will probably be more generous, but don't take my word for it since we won't know what they have in mind.

Few things completely clueless new players will struggle with though:
    1. Gear stats. Although they don't cost anything, I don't think they will know about optimal rolls until they actually read up on it or they somehow know from the start.
    2. How to grind. This won't actually take long if they bother to look at the possible incomes from vanguard menu, but if they don't bother to look it up in-game UI, they will need some pointers about it.
    3. Understanding game mechanics. As always, they will struggle on this. There's not enough preparation or tutorials on class-specific skill mechanics (with exception of reading off from the tooltips), and AoE markers/decals don't really say much either. At this point, people just say go read up a guide, but I wish the game at least implements some kind of class specific tutorials at least... (for the love of god-- healers-- please, cleanse bleeds or actually try to heal).

The experience however, can be different for NA because how KTERA runs things. Their IMS is active enough to have them pop as any class-- they actually have healthy amount of Tanks and Healers queing up on IMS. So as for NA, if people don't use IMS as often and stick to LFG, then new players may suffer quite heavily.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it cost close to 50mil to go from Top Tier +0 to Top Tier +12 or something?
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    Doesn't it cost close to 50mil to go from Top Tier +0 to Top Tier +12 or something?

it costs 3m or less to go from top+2 to top+9. Top+9 is the highest
  • I can't wait for this to come. =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @primm said:
    > clfarron4 wrote: »
    >
    > Doesn't it cost close to 50mil to go from Top Tier +0 to Top Tier +12 or something?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it costs 3m or less to go from top+2 to top+9. Top+9 is the highest

3m for full set or one piece?
  • Is gold going to be easier to get next patch? 3m seems like a lot of gold :thonking:
  • SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    Is gold going to be easier to get next patch? 3m seems like a lot of gold :thonking:

not when you're able to do 100k+ gold each day with some alts .. :expressionless:
  • Sowen wrote: »
    Is gold going to be easier to get next patch? 3m seems like a lot of gold :thonking:

not when you're able to do 100k+ gold each day with some alts .. :expressionless:

That is why I asked if gold was going to be easier to get.
  • U only need to spend gold for diamonds/emeralds(but they drop) and arborean crystal. Everything else is non tradeable so it will cost nothing except time.

arborean crystal cost around 30g on KTERA you need 4 for 1 Top crystal. So 93 x 120 = 11,160g + 4 Diamonds (40k) so overall u spend around 55k per Try from +8 to +9. If u stack max profiency u have 20% enchantment chance. So u need around 5 tries (but u get 3% correction bonus each fail).

You basicly spend around 250 - 300k Gold for +8 -+9 but dont foget: Banguard quest will give almost 700 -800g + Gems drop are more common now. If u farm diamonds u will spend only 70k for +8 - 9 (if u buy the golden crystals).

This system is 1000000 times better. This system have atleast 3% correction Bonus. Apex dont have any bonus. So in the end only this is enough to be better xD
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue would be how much cost get to BiS gear enchanted to the max level with ethings and BiS jewellery with etchings and Brooch and Diadem....

IF is 3m for piece you will need more than 12m and asuming the cost from jewellery can be similar then you will need maybe more than 36m if we would try to take etchings into consideration.

If a casaul player doing 1 hour of content per makes 100k he will need 360 days to get maxed everything.

But if you need only 3m for all the gear then that will need around a month for a casual player to get maxed at least the gear.