The final week of Argon Assault heats up!

Comments

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭
    Mawile wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning's invasion events mark the beginning of the final week of the Argon Assault! With that, some changes have been made:
    • Highwatch zone has been removed from the event. Apparently, Meldita and Shandra Manaya kept getting too confused once there and became just a frustration for both the Argons and the players!
    • 15 minutes prior to the invasion, a server wide announcement will take place. There will be three waves of invaders: Capsules, Mobs, and some bosses in the first wave, more mobs in second wave (10 minutes after the first wave), and the remainder of the bosses in the third wave (20 minutes after the first wave)
    • There may be smaller invasions of 3 bosses and a wave of mobs in zones that will be called out immediately as they invade. These MAY appear in zones OTHER than those listed (this will all be called out in the server announcement). These smaller invasions WILL NOT replace the 2 scheduled ones, merely add a few more.
    • Look for an announcement about a possible large scale assault on the final day of the event (Tuesday, September 6). Intel informs me it will probably occur along with the evening invasion and there may be some death.
    See you on the front lines!

-seandynamite

Tuesday is September 5th I believe, or did u mean Wednesday, September 6th?

Kinda need to know @seandynamite @Spacecats !
  • Thank you for the event and incorporating feedback. Whichever day it ends I'll make time to be there for the final assault.
  • It's on Tuesday the 5th. Fixed Seandynamite's post to clarify that.

KillSee you all there!
  • Calendars R HARD. Sorry.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    I just don't want lag, that's it.
  • @Anotsu have you submitted the requested information to help us try to eliminate that as outlined here: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/16021/status-update-and-community-call-to-action-regarding-recent-increase-in-lag-related-incidents#latest

This would be super helpful!
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    today's maint reduced lag greatly. suggestion - server reset before every part of argon event huehuehue
  • SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    edited September 5
    "Look for an announcement about a possible large scale assault on the final day of the event (Tuesday, September 5). Intel informs me it will probably occur along with the evening invasion and there may be some death."

Is this still going to happen tomorrow?
  • MawileMawile ✭✭
    edited September 5
    I'm wondering if tonight is the last argon event? Since Tuesday, September 5th (tomorrow) is when it ends?

Edit: Just re read seandynamite's post. One giant invasion tomorrow. I'l try to be there. :3
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited September 5
    @seandynamite @Spacecats @Halrath

I've noticed the lag has been greatly reduced since Thursday last week, so thanks for that. I personally have not felt smooth play in months until that day.

Just last night though the lag seemed to have returned; it happened briefly at times though. Once right before the event started and then twice during the event when the bams were spawned. Everytime it occurred, ping was about 100-150 ms higher and sometimes it would red spike to 400-500. It would last around 10-15 minutes and then return back to normal each time. Would really appreciate if that can be investigated, like did something occur again at the routing points or something from the backbone. Also other people I knew, they were affected at that time as well. This happen last night around 8:00 pm, 8:30 pm and 9:00 pm eastern times. Trace route showed that the ping was high on Qwest everytime and it was low when it was back to normal.

I'd rather not deal with a laggy experience on the last day of this event especially if we have to fight many bams :) It's more fun when there is less or no lag at all.
  • Argon event sucked, I hope you guys never do one of the same kind again since it puts a serious taxation on server stability and player's hardware. Rewards were underwhelming for some bosses that would require several minutes and players to beat (even more with lag) And for a game that is experiencing an all time low player activity, it isn't wise to do a event that only level 65 players can take part in while discriminating the new players at lower levels that haven't reached the spawning areas. Mongos were a good monster spawn event that everybody could participate and get nice rewards (First mongos and neon).
  • Gotta say this "finale" Kelsaik is way tankier than the one from the first Saturday. But that's not a good thing. It isn't fun for 100+ players to wail at a sandbag boss for 10 mins or more.
    EME only really had to buff it because they made it some special thing to spawn a single one on Saturdays, when the regular bams are more fun. (Well Manaya anyway.) Also single Kelsaik = 3 boxes on the weekend. Whereas a regular 2x a day bam spawn event gave 12 each equaling 24.
    Like rewards are w/e. Idk what they were thinking in terms of interactive balance.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this climax is crap compared to the random rogue event that handed out hundreds of boxes for no effort. Way to spoil an event mEME
  • Utterly disappointed with the climax event.. Drop hundred of boxes are way better than this crap climax so called hype event
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    No one will be satisfied unless they get a million gold for logging in.