[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Will NA Tera be getting Unequalized Fraywind Canyon?

I've asked around the Tera Discord, and have had a wide array of responses from amazing people. From what I gathered, Fraywind Canyon is becoming unequalized alongside the Gear Revamp Patch. Anyone with an ilvl of 448 or higher gets to use their own gear, while all below it get an equalized set of gear. The max ilvl obtainable after the next patch is 458. Which leaves a detrimental gap between those with equalized sets and those without.

So my question remains this alone, in what direction is NA Tera taking when it comes to Fraywind Canyon & Equalized Gear in the next patch? Will FWC remain fully equalized?

*PS* I've come to know a large portion of the community that queues up for BG's over the month I've returned. Many of them, myself included, will be devastated at the loss of FULLY equalized Fraywind Canyon.

Thank You For Your Time
Have A Good Day!
«1

Answers

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will follow the footsteps of Korea, so we will have it uneq also.
  • Just hope they fix the rng loot boxs from wining when becomeing unequalized becayse foghting another person is harder then doing dgs and the way pvp is set up for gearing wise is horrible lol
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    One BG that players can que in with their own gear (at their choice!) With stats and preferred rolls, etchings is a great thing.

    Casuals/people not wanting to gear still have Corsairs, Grid, and 3s to play.

    3x as many as unequalized. And you're still complaining?
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    One BG that players can que in with their own gear (at their choice!) With stats and preferred rolls, etchings is a great thing.

    Casuals/people not wanting to gear still have Corsairs, Grid, and 3s to play.

    3x as many as unequalized. And you're still complaining?

    bc fwc is my fav bg qmq haha but I do agree! I despise my attackspeed/cd rate with equalized gear. and, well at least soon i will have my dw wep so idk that's something at least for when unequ fwc arrives xP
    kinda looking forward to it.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    One BG that players can que in with their own gear (at their choice!) With stats and preferred rolls, etchings is a great thing.

    Casuals/people not wanting to gear still have Corsairs, Grid, and 3s to play.

    3x as many as unequalized. And you're still complaining?

    oh so you enjoy having the bg not pop, that's cool too.
  • Yay for soon to be dead battlegrounds!
  • Yay for soon to be dead battlegrounds!

    and lol, yay to premades going around one shotting and calling ppl s.hitters for not queing
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    some of you should be careful what you wish for tbh
    equalized fwc will probably kill the BG in NA. It was a different story back when pvp gear progression was a thing and players had relatively easy access to good pvp gear but as soon as they did away with that system fwc died until they equalized it.
  • AryixAryix ✭✭✭
    FWC was constantly popping before it got equalized. A lot of people asked for unequalized FWC to return, a lot of people from the pvp community asked for the change to be reconsidered, and unequalized is returning at last. I understand the grievances regarding unequalized gear and the disparity between each, but still, it makes it more competitive and it responds to player's demands. As bad as it *may* sound, unequalized FWC isn't that bad. After all, FWC is indeed an end-game pvp content, so it makes sense to be able to use your end-game pvp rolled gear for end-game pvp content, imo.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    EDIT: Nevermind, saw the September calendar. Still a bit biased towards FWC/CS.
    Aryix wrote: »
    FWC was constantly popping before it got equalized.
    Because of rewards.

    We don't even have the credits system anymore.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    Aryix wrote: »
    FWC was constantly popping before it got equalized.
    lol
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    EDIT: Nevermind, saw the September calendar. Still a bit biased towards FWC/CS.
    Aryix wrote: »
    FWC was constantly popping before it got equalized.
    Because of rewards.

    We don't even have the credits system anymore.

    Why wouldn't it be 'biased' to BG's that actually pop and that a majority of the community want?

    Waiting 20-30 (AT LEAST) minutes for a 3s match isn't exactly fun.

    Don't even get me started on the CONSTANT kicking that happens in there. It's TERA's own salt mine.

    IMO 2 times a week for 3's is too much.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it be 'biased' to BG's that actually pop and that a majority of the community want?
    Because the majority are not real PvPers (seriously there's far more of those people with no PvP crystals queuing FWC/CS than 3s, cause they get kicked from the latter and stop). I mean this is supposed to be a PvP event not a jackpot farming event.

    But nevermind that. EME should seriously look up to Gameforge now, their system is superior. You get Skyring and mass PvP BGs in same day, what's the problem with this? Some people enjoy small scale PvP, some enjoy large scale PvP, let them choose what they want in the game.

    Just because someone likes PvP doesn't mean he likes to do all forms of PvP. That's like limiting PvE instances to only one instance highlighted for the day. Same reason PvE players have favorite dungeons and others less favorite, but they can play whatever they want, which is unfair.

    Furthermore, I'm sure the majority in PvE does the easy dungeons, so imagine how pissed off people would be if they couldn't even do HMs or w/e (zero loot) certain days because "the majority are casuals" and bias to majority.
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Aryix wrote: »
    FWC was constantly popping before it got equalized. A lot of people asked for unequalized FWC to return, a lot of people from the pvp community asked for the change to be reconsidered, and unequalized is returning at last. I understand the grievances regarding unequalized gear and the disparity between each, but still, it makes it more competitive and it responds to player's demands. As bad as it *may* sound, unequalized FWC isn't that bad. After all, FWC is indeed an end-game pvp content, so it makes sense to be able to use your end-game pvp rolled gear for end-game pvp content, imo.


    This. FWC as alive af until it got equalized; I quitted right away (After playing Tera for 4 years)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to know if it'll be like it was before full EQ that we had the middle way - equalized gear bellow certain ilvl, and after that it was all your own gear pieces.
Sign In or Register to comment.