Return of PvP Tournaments hosted by EnMasse?

I personally would really like to see the return of the annual FWC, CS and 3s tournaments hosted by EnMasse. Surely this is something which could be revived to give a boost to the PvP scene.

Discuss :)

Comments

• TeekzTeekz ✭✭✭
    would be pretty cool
  • Yes I agree need more community sponsored events too induce streaming and competitive desync for all.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    How could anyone want to participate in something competitive when lag and desync are a daily thing anymore?

Skill doesn't matter when you get hit with 3k ping spikes which are completely out of your control.

Would love more PvP events just not until servers are stable.
  • edited August 31
    A PvP tournament today would serve no purpose. other then more annoyance and more people waking up to just how many people use injector. It would also show just how far Tera has fallen in terms of quality and control as the game is now rampant with glitches and exploits.

Not mention the fact that Tera is flat out broken with certain classes excelling over everyone else. and that the tournament would most likely just be filled with match ups of these compositions.

Let me ask how many vanilla classes do you see in these tournaments these days? Last time there was a 1v1 tournament you know what the majority of players that showed up there were playing? I do It was mainly gunners, warriors and reapers a good amount of brawlers four lancers 0 zerkers and 2/3 very confident and brave slayers.

This game has gone to hell there is no saving it high rating in 3's means nothing these days as it is mostly obtained through feeding, exploits, or using one broken class that has 0 to a like 3 counters to get to the top.

there is no point in having a tournament when the gameplay is so fundamentally unbalanced.there is honestly no point in PvP today. So why stream it? Or make it a tournament when PvP is on it's way to dying out.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    there is no point in having a tournament when the gameplay is so fundamentally unbalanced.
    How about you don't participate then? You mad/jelly or what?
  • PumpeddPumpedd ✭✭✭
    Make Fraywind tournament and skyring tournament.

Do not allow reapers valks gunners ninjas or brawlers.

End of story
  • We'd want to start with something that includes every class. Maybe later try class-specific tourneys.

The Skyring Slam / Canyon Clash topic comes up fairly often. I like the idea of doing these but in the past when the community team was larger there was more bandwidth to manage a bracket and organize a long weekend stream so people could spectate. It also takes quite a bit of production effort, server management (since an event server must be created for cross-server finals), character replication (which is a manual process), and a surprising number of operational duties outside the community team's involvement. I think it can still be done in come capacity, though.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    We'd want to start with something that includes every class. Maybe later try class-specific tourneys.

The Skyring Slam / Canyon Clash topic comes up fairly often. I like the idea of doing these but in the past when the community team was larger there was more bandwidth to manage a bracket and organize a long weekend stream so people could spectate. It also takes quite a bit of production effort, server management (since an event server must be created for cross-server finals), character replication (which is a manual process), and a surprising number of operational duties outside the community team's involvement. I think it can still be done in come capacity, though.

Might like to fix current exploits such as memeslash first as well.
    Otherwise, such an event would only be a joke.
  • PumpeddPumpedd ✭✭✭
    edited September 1
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We'd want to start with something that includes every class. Maybe later try class-specific tourneys.

I speak on behalf of 99% of the pvp community when i say no new classes for one tournament will seriously bring viewers back. And i dont think ''in time'' is a proper answer.. Im sure you guys have the resources people have been waiting for so long and its broken tradition now.

People in tera WILL help you guys if need be..
  • Spacecats wrote: »

TY for explaining the difficulties. I had no idea that character duplication was manual. (!)
  • Pumpedd wrote: »

I speak on behalf of 99% of the pvp community when i say no new classes for one tournament will seriously bring viewers back. And i dont think ''in time'' is a proper answer.. Im sure you guys have the resources people have been waiting for so long and its broken tradition now.

you dont speak for us.
  • Pumpedd wrote: »

you don't speak for the pvp community there is lots of players who would like to play reapers , valks and brawlers they spent tons of hours playing to be pro at just cuz u cannot handle new classes dont mean should be disabled
  • I mean he's not wrong though. If valks are allowed, many people will not participate or be interested.
    A legacy only tournament would be lit.
    valks and brawlers they spent tons of hours playing to be pro at just cuz u cannot handle new classes dont mean should be disabled
    LMAO, tons of hours to be pro.

• PumpeddPumpedd ✭✭✭
    > @Blurberry said:
    > Pumpedd wrote: »
    >
    > Spacecats wrote: »
    >
    > We'd want to start with something that includes every class. Maybe later try class-specific tourneys.
    >
    > The Skyring Slam / Canyon Clash topic comes up fairly often. I like the idea of doing these but in the past when the community team was larger there was more bandwidth to manage a bracket and organize a long weekend stream so people could spectate. It also takes quite a bit of production effort, server management (since an event server must be created for cross-server finals), character replication (which is a manual process), and a surprising number of operational duties outside the community team's involvement. I think it can still be done in come capacity, though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I speak on behalf of 99% of the pvp community when i say no new classes for one tournament will seriously bring viewers back. And i dont think ''in time'' is a proper answer.. Im sure you guys have the resources people have been waiting for so long and its broken tradition now.
    >
    > People in tera WILL help you guys if need be..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you dont speak for us.

You dont queue skyring. I cant speak on your behalf.
  • Ouch......