[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

About Mystel's raffle....

2

Comments

  • Probably because it has nothing to do with them. Talk to YOUR government.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    News post says that standard En Masse contest rules apply. and those rules say that it's open only to residents of USA, Canada and Mexico. I'm just being curious, don't you think it's kinda lame that people from Europe or Asia spend money on your game but can't participate in this lottery?
    @Spacecats, @Denommenator, @Halrath, @Seandynamite

    we call it North American Free Trade Agreement B)
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    It's like talking to a brick wall. Jesus. They literally and legally cannot do it. Maybe if they took away the EMP prize, perhaps? Since it's the only actual currency prize. But what, EME are to never offer EMP as a prize for any contest ever again just so the minority country folk can participate? l o l that's not happening, EMP has been a grand prize in multiple events for years, no doubt long before you even started playing.

    I'm not sure what words you're not understanding here. Laws? Government? Politics?

    Are you OK? we say why use a system that you can't use for all players? Not talking about rules and politics here. They could use other ways so others could participate. That attitude won't help game grows.

    @counterpoint thanks for getting the point. as I said hopefully maybe later they come up with a new system. cause overall this again not so encouraging for many players. EU is getting better store promotions meanwhile unfortunately.

    @ReaperElena you might be using you mommy's credit but many players here got works and they could easily get some EMP if it was better planned. So don't bs ppl thanks.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    also @Yamazuki minority? I bet there are more EU players than NA players on NA Tera, cause when EU players are not around, game looks way more dead lol
    You're playing at a time where Europeans, and not NA, plays. You seem to be forgetting North Americans have jobs, and sleep, along with the 6~9+ hour differences in time zones resulting in both regions playing at different times. By the way, ever notice it's mostly non-NA players that say the game is dead often? Also, simple math:
    -Ru has their own server
    -Eu population without Ru is almost the same as NA
    -Eu plays on two servers, NA plays on one; if every single North American and European, excluding Ru, played Tera NA Tera would be mostly NA
    -Foreign guests also consists of Australians, South Americans and part of Asia

    You always focus exclusively on European players, which by the way I do not think they appreciate you talking about them the way you have been on these forums for a while now. Many of them acknowledge the fact that they are guests and their main complaint is dealing with higher ping and the up to ~9 hour time difference for streams, events, and interacting with their follow North American community members.

    Then... EME is a business that requires profit, do you think it's a "good" business decision to cater to a non-existent player base?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    also @Yamazuki minority? I bet there are more EU players than NA players on NA Tera, cause when EU players are not around, game looks way more dead lol
    Then... EME is a business that requires profit, do you think it's a "good" business decision to cater to a non-existent player base?


    You pulling out these *minority* numbers out of your [filtered] like you always do or do you have something to back up with what you are saying ?

    You can look it up yourself for free. I can't "make up" population numbers when the data is available for free and easy to find. I also can't "make up" regional market shares because that's also free and easy to find. You say it as if all this information is top secret. Never mind the fact it's your responsibility to prove your claim, not mine to disprove it. Then again, you aren't able to in any way which is why your response is a personal attack and not any factual information.

    Months ago in a now deleted thread EME had already told us they had NA friendly times because NA was still the higher populated group. Are you going to say numbers lie? As well as EME lied? I suppose you'll go on and say how businesses love making very bad decisions to burn money.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    also @Yamazuki minority? I bet there are more EU players than NA players on NA Tera, cause when EU players are not around, game looks way more dead lol
    Then... EME is a business that requires profit, do you think it's a "good" business decision to cater to a non-existent player base?


    You pulling out these *minority* numbers out of your [filtered] like you always do or do you have something to back up with what you are saying ?

    we can ask you the same question can you proove than no na players are majority ?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    also @Yamazuki minority? I bet there are more EU players than NA players on NA Tera, cause when EU players are not around, game looks way more dead lol
    Then... EME is a business that requires profit, do you think it's a "good" business decision to cater to a non-existent player base?


    You pulling out these *minority* numbers out of your [filtered] like you always do or do you have something to back up with what you are saying ?

    You can look it up yourself for free. I can't "make up" population numbers when the data is available for free and easy to find. I also can't "make up" regional market shares because that's also free and easy to find. You say it as if all this information is top secret. Never mind the fact it's your responsibility to prove your claim, not mine to disprove it. Then again, you aren't able to in any way which is why your response is a personal attack and not any factual information.

    Months ago in a now deleted thread EME had already told us they had NA friendly times because NA was still the higher populated group. Are you going to say numbers lie? As well as EME lied? I suppose you'll go on and say how businesses love making very bad decisions to burn money.


    I didnt ask you for no reason, the *look it up yourself* reply is ever so funny. If I wanted to *look it up myself* I would have already, but I want to see what kind of sources youre gonna find to back whatever you are blabbering about.
    vkobe wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    also @Yamazuki minority? I bet there are more EU players than NA players on NA Tera, cause when EU players are not around, game looks way more dead lol
    Then... EME is a business that requires profit, do you think it's a "good" business decision to cater to a non-existent player base?


    You pulling out these *minority* numbers out of your [filtered] like you always do or do you have something to back up with what you are saying ?

    we can ask you the same question can you proove than no na players are majority ?


    Am I the one making these statements or am I just asking a simple question ?

    i dont remember you asking the same question to lesbian vi
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt ask you for no reason
    Questioning someone over personal self interest from a discussion point of view is no reason. You [plural] always try derailing discussions into personal matters where you all attack a person and hope the victim responds by defending themselves, on a personal level, rather than continuing the discussion. I asked a couple questions and you didn't answer either of them, you didn't source anything either. Neither of you have actually posted a source, ever. However, I and others have previously and your [plural] responses have generally been they're "fake".
    European Union's population: [508.5 million]
    https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/figures/living_en#tab-0-1

    North American population varies depending on the countries that are counted ranging from ~500 million to ~600 million with all settling on at least the US alone being ~325.8 million, Mexico over 100 million and Canada 36.3 million [total with just the 3 popular countries being ~489 million:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_countries_by_population
    http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/demo02a-eng.htm
    https://www.census.gov/popclock/

    NA tends to out-spend Europeans and other regions combined on games too (and money ultimately drives business decisions:
    https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/the-global-games-market-will-reach-108-9-billion-in-2017-with-mobile-taking-42/
    https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-99-6-billion-2016-mobile-generating-37/

    How about we look at "Us" vs "Eu" population for another mmorpg:
    Eu- http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php?sort=Total
    https://realmpop.com/eu.html

    Us-http://warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Total
    https://realmpop.com/us.html

    To summarize, both regions have similar populations but the US out-spends Europeans as a whole. Then North Americans really only have NA to play while Europeans are playing on their own server and NA which cuts their community in what ever ratio it is. Even if 90% of Europeans played on NA they would be out-populated by NA. Gameforge's Eu Tera has enough people playing the game for it to survive and continue to make minor improvements meaning based on these very basic numbers (and common sense) that it is absolutely impossible for Europe to out-populate NA and the rest of the world on these servers.

    Of course, as I said there was also that post by EME when it was asked if there could be a change in scheduling to fit Europeans and their response was NA was still bigger. Don't believe me? Just look at EME's actions, I'm sure that answers it.

    It's not even just EME. Why don't you take a step back and look at music, movies, games, art etc as a whole and see who most of them are made for. You'll notice all these developers, artists, businesses, etc all try to satisfy both the Chinese and the Americans due to these two countries alone being over 50% of the world's media consumption. I'll ask again, are you suggesting EME is intentionally killing off Tera by focusing on the lower populated group?


    There's still the question of why is it always Europeans you [plural] focus so much on? Unless an event falls during the late evenings NA times it's still within the time a European (For UK, Germany, and France; majority of Eu players) can play if they wanted to without sacrificing sleep or waking up at a different time. Compare that to Australians who have to wake up very early for morning/afternoon events or just not sleep. Europeans even have their own servers and Australians don't, yet this minority European group complains so often anyways. For simplicity sake, I'm Australian but I'm not spamming the same non-sense about how EME needs to cater to us or they're a failure of a publisher. NA times are inconvenient but I deal with them because I fully understand EME has the legal rights to publish the game for North America, and their target audience are North Americans. It wouldn't be fair if I demanded EME to change everything just so it would be convenient for myself and Australians when we're apart of a minority group. Especially in the case of Europeans who already have their own set of servers and are basically demanding a second set of their own servers.

    Also, as I said, those complaining aren't representative of all Europeans. It's always the same handful people complaining. Apparently there's a million incredibly angry Europeans playing on NA yet only 3 of them are on forums complaining. I guess this is where you tell me "It makes sense if you don't think about it.".
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    If you buy elite vouchers from another player with gold, get free EMP for being elite, then use the EMP to buy something from the TERA store do you qualify for the raffle?
  • edited September 2017
    I think it's fair to say that, when creating events, EME should consider their International players. In some cases, there may be ways of doing a similar event that could better include them without jeopardizing the design of the event. However, I think it's also reasonable to expect that, in some cases, EME may still decide to run an event anyway, even though they know it won't be applicable to everyone. The feedback that "hey, it sucks that this event isn't available to me" is still important, particularly when the whole point of the event is to try to encourage cash shop sales.

    EME has done other things in the past to make it easier from people from other parts of the world to purchase things on the cash shop, so obviously it is a market they are trying to at least not exclude on the whole. But anyway, I think the actual point is getting lost a bit in the argument. It's not as if EME doesn't have data to show where most of their sales come from anyway; NA is still their primary market. That doesn't mean other markets should get excluded, though, if there is another equally-good way to do it. In this case, they wouldn't be able to do this type of event and open it up widely, but there are always other ways. At the end of the day, they'll need to see if this sort of event is even successful first before deciding if they want to do something like it again.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    @counterpoint

    You keep saying this is an event. This is not an event. It is nothing to do with in game playing or game activity.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweepstake

    Read that, but most specifically this:
    Because of their potential for abuse, sweepstakes are heavily regulated in many countries. The U.S., Canada, and individual U.S. states all have laws covering sweepstakes, so that there are special rules depending on where the entrant lives

    It is not an event. Stop calling it an event.
  • Don't worry. When Kyra potion shack returned, y'all can join.

    U are all beautiful.
  • edited September 2017
    It is not an event. Stop calling it an event.
    ...it's still an event. It's a time-limited special incentive EME created to encourage, in this case, spending on the cash shop. You're not wrong that the type of event is a sweepstakes. But you can have "cash shop events" just like you can have "in-game events" just like you can have "stream events" or whatever. It's a generic word.

    This doesn't change the point about legality or regulations that I already addressed in my previous post, or the already-acknowledged point that so long as they are doing this sort of contest, they are subject to contest law. I feel like you're arguing against a point I'm not making.

    (Edit: To be more clear about the point I was making, it wasn't that they should make the sweepstakes open to all, because it's obvious that they can't. It was that, potentially, they could do a different kind of incentive in the future instead of a sweepstakes, and so would not be subject to this regulation.)
Sign In or Register to comment.