[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Playstation network access is required for Tera online?

Hi i have ps4 slim and i am making a decision to pay 12month ps network access or not.
for tera will this be required?

Comments

• edited September 2017
    then i would wait rathe rthan paying this for other game until tera release.
    thank you very much~
  • edited September 2017
    6EXTMD3763 wrote: »
    Most, if not all, games on the PS4 require at least one user on the console to be subscribed to PS+ to play online multiplayer. TERA isn't likely to be an exception. More news about the console Beta will likely come once PAX West is done tomorrow. Either way, I'd wait for TERA to actually launch, or at least have an announced launch date, before paying for PlayStation Plus if your sole reason for buying it is TERA.

I just tried FFxiv but it doesn't require Playstation network access (PS+?), and it also support keyboard and mouse greatly and natively.
    Hope TERA would do both 2 things as well.
  • Final Fantasy XIV, Warframe and Paragon (just to name a few online games) do not require PS+. Generally speaking its Multiplayer modes that requires a Plus subscription
  • So far from what I know Sony switched their PSN subscription model to that of MS and XBL.
    PS3 you can still play games online without a PS+ sub, PS4 you cannot, so I think that yes, you need PS+
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    6EXTMD3763 wrote: »
    Most, if not all, games on the PS4 require at least one user on the console to be subscribed to PS+ to play online multiplayer. TERA isn't likely to be an exception. More news about the console Beta will likely come once PAX West is done tomorrow. Either way, I'd wait for TERA to actually launch, or at least have an announced launch date, before paying for PlayStation Plus if your sole reason for buying it is TERA.

I permit to repeat this once more : A Free To Play Game is UNLIKELY to have the Gold/PS+ Membership to play TERA. Because if there was such limitation, Silver/Non-PS+ Membership wouldn't be able to play the game
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ff 14 is not a free video game and you need subscription

i feel than you need to pay something or subscribe to play tera on console

if it is a free to play i think you will need to subscribe to psn+

sony need money when you use the psn, so it would come from enmasse or from their subscription for the psn+
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    ff 14 is not a free video game and you need subscription

i feel than you need to pay something or subscribe to play tera on console

if it is a free to play i think you will need to subscribe to psn+

sony need money when you use the psn, so it would come from enmasse or from their subscription for the psn+

Not likely, Sony will get a % from sales of EMP, just as Steam does with sales throught them from their platform, that's the way most games works around consoles or throught another platform aside from the official.

There are several free MMORPG games that you can play on PSN without suscribing to PS+. I have NWO and I can play without paying fees from Sony and Cryptic.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I'm extremely curious about this myself! I hope not, since I can't really afford it right now. I know you don't need one for some of them, like Onigiri
  • edited September 2017
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    I'm extremely curious about this myself! I hope not, since I can't really afford it right now. I know you don't need one for some of them, like Onigiri

Well, I just downloaded and played another MMO called Onigiri on PS4.
    Just like FFxiv, it was complete F2P without needing to pay PS+.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/onigiri/cid=UP0118-CUSA01458_00-CYBERSTEP0000001

I am sure EME will make it complete F2P without needing to pay PS+ becuz it is 100% online game that needs population!
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ff 14 is not free to play
  • F2P games on PS4 don't require Plus on Xbox I think you're going to need Live. I couldn't group on PoE or play KI without Live
  • BijuBiju ✭✭✭
    Last Time I played the Free MMO ONIGIRI on my playstaion it did not require a sub.
  • f2p games on ps4 don't require ps+, also games that require additional sub also don't require ps+. i know that because i read that some time ago and i have download it all f2p game on the psn store, and played them with and without ps+