Any news about the gear revamp patch for NA?

Comments

• Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember having to drop my graphics preset when I would run FI on its original launch. That last boss destroyed my old pc lol.
  • McOnosRep wrote: »
    It looks like that the gear revamp patch comes out next month in EU TERA:

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-59-03-demoros-roulette
    Next up we’re working on Patch 61, which includes the Korean patches from 25th May to 27th July 2017. We are therefore skipping Patch 60 and will be releasing the new enchantment system in October, along with some challenging and interesting dungeons!

Has there been any news as to whether this is going to happen at the same time in NA TERA as I would assume it should be within a week or so of the EU one?

It's absolutely going to happen, probably in the timeframe you describe. We're working on it already and really excited about the upcoming changes. As for more details, you'll have to stay tuned, but there's a planned rollout of details and information.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    McOnosRep wrote: »

Next up we’re working on Patch 61, which includes the Korean patches from 25th May to 27th July 2017. We are therefore skipping Patch 60 and will be releasing the new enchantment system in October, along with some challenging and interesting dungeons!

Has there been any news as to whether this is going to happen at the same time in NA TERA as I would assume it should be within a week or so of the EU one?

It's absolutely going to happen, probably in the timeframe you describe. We're working on it already and really excited about the upcoming changes. As for more details, you'll have to stay tuned, but there's a planned rollout of details and information.

Thanks for the confirmation!

So are all non-KTERA regions now going to be roughly similar for release schedules?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »

Is there plans to get info about future patchs releases in a wider time frame?
  • The one thing I'm really, really happy about is skipping FI. Cancerous to the max. Getting the new gear revamp patch will slow down this game's death a little bit, so that's good too.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Obs wrote: »
    Yakusan wrote: »
    I'd be pretty upset if EME decided to also skip FI pathc honestly, I kinda want more time to do vs and I'd never rly gotten to try FIHM so when I first found out they got it back in ktera I was super excited.

EME has no say.

The dungeon was honestly really horribly designed.

Actually they do have a say. They decide what patches to push live and what they don't. They can turn down a patch, and they can even skip a patch if they'd like, like EU is doing. The Publisher does have a right to accept, deny, or skip a patch.
  • GrimoirGrimoir ✭✭✭
    I would actually prefer they didnt annoince patches so much upfront. Would prevent certain individuals from destroying the market
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimoir wrote: »
    I would actually prefer they didnt annoince patches so much upfront. Would prevent certain individuals from destroying the market

Having info from KTera is more than enought for certain individuals to keep doing so anyway.

The only way to make them harder that is to get the same patch released in the same day/week as koreans and yet, if those individuals really knows how to play the broker then that won't stop them either.
  • does people still play tera?
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    does people still play tera?

Does people that do not play Tera still post and checks its forums?
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    i don't get why people are saying "omg they're skipping a patch, they're obviously skipping FI etc."

I don't see anywhere where they state they are skipping bringing FI return

EU's quote: Next up we’re working on Patch 61, which includes the Korean patches from 25th May to 27th July 2017. We are therefore skipping Patch 60 and will be releasing the new enchantment system in October, along with some challenging and interesting dungeons!

From 25th of may? What happened on Ktera 25th of may i wonder https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RZvSkYA2d8igNUDS__YwbU53v3h4SNNs0JzTX7gbr7M/edit

"Forsaken Island Normal Mode
    Returning 5 Man Party Dungeon
    Item Level 423 for Instance Matching and Vanguard Rewards
    Located in Cutthroat Harbor, Ostrgarath
    Rewards: Bane Earrings, Lakan’s Scale, Demoros’ Circlet Piece, Dyad Niveot Structure, Tier 11 Enchantment Materials, Personal Extensive/Premium Alkahest, Goddess’s Tears, Superior Etching Box

Forsaken Island Hard Mode
    Item Level 429 for Instance Matching and Vanguard Rewards
    Rewards: Bane Accessories, Talisman of Lakan, Demoros’ Circlet, Demoros’ Circlet Piece, Dyad Niveot Structure, Tier 11 Enchantment Materials, Personal Extensive/Premium Alkahest, Goddess’s Tears, Superior Etching Box"

Oh...look at that...FI is there so they must be bringing it back and BUNDLING IT (NOT SKIPPING) with the gear patch.... :Thinking:

People need to check when patches came in Ktera when EU puts stuff like that.....https://essentialmana.com/news/upcoming-patches/
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    i don't get why people are saying "omg they're skipping a patch, they're obviously skipping FI etc."

EU's quote: Next up we’re working on Patch 61, which includes the Korean patches from 25th May to 27th July 2017. We are therefore skipping Patch 60 and will be releasing the new enchantment system in October, along with some challenging and interesting dungeons!

From 25th of may? What happened on Ktera 25th of may i wonder https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RZvSkYA2d8igNUDS__YwbU53v3h4SNNs0JzTX7gbr7M/edit

Rewards: Bane Earrings, Lakan’s Scale, Demoros’ Circlet Piece, Dyad Niveot Structure, Tier 11 Enchantment Materials, Personal Extensive/Premium Alkahest, Goddess’s Tears, Superior Etching Box

Rewards: Bane Accessories, Talisman of Lakan, Demoros’ Circlet, Demoros’ Circlet Piece, Dyad Niveot Structure, Tier 11 Enchantment Materials, Personal Extensive/Premium Alkahest, Goddess’s Tears, Superior Etching Box"

Oh...look at that...FI is there so they must be bringing it back and BUNDLING IT (NOT SKIPPING) with the gear patch.... :Thinking:

People need to check when patches came in Ktera when EU puts stuff like that.....https://essentialmana.com/news/upcoming-patches/

The patches between May 25 and July 27 are bundled together. The part you are missing is in the July 27th patch where FI is removed as a dungeon. Basically, the only relevant thing that happened on the May 25th patch was the rotation of dungeons. The concept of them "skipping" this patch is because the July 27th patch removed these dungeons anyway.

If they are bringing both patches together, FINM will not be on the dungeon list because we will have the new gear enchanting system and the new dungeons (specifically RK9 Hanger).
  • Pages wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »

The patches between May 25 and July 27 are bundled together. The part you are missing is in the July 27th patch where FI is removed as a dungeon. Basically, the only relevant thing that happened on the May 25th patch was the rotation of dungeons. The concept of them "skipping" this patch is because the July 27th patch removed these dungeons anyway.

If they are bringing both patches together, FINM will not be on the dungeon list because we will have the new gear enchanting system and the new dungeons (specifically RK9 Hanger).

Mmm fair point...probably glossed over it when double checking the patch things
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    Yakusan wrote: »
    I'd be pretty upset if EME decided to also skip FI pathc honestly, I kinda want more time to do vs and I'd never rly gotten to try FIHM so when I first found out they got it back in ktera I was super excited.

EME has no say.

The dungeon was honestly really horribly designed.

Actually they do have a say. They decide what patches to push live and what they don't. They can turn down a patch, and they can even skip a patch if they'd like, like EU is doing. The Publisher does have a right to accept, deny, or skip a patch.

This actually isn't true with TERA. BHS is partnered with each publisher, and manages all the builds centrally and decides what's in them for all regions. Gameforge didn't "decide" to skip a patch, BHS just let them know the patch schedule.

So are all non-KTERA regions now going to be roughly similar for release schedules?

This has more-or-less been the case ever since the big patch schedule change in early 2016. Typically Japan, Russia, EU, and NA are all within a week of each other.

• McOnosRep wrote: »

This has more-or-less been the case ever since the big patch schedule change in early 2016. Typically Japan, Russia, EU, and NA are all within a week of each other.

Thanks for the clarification - for some reason i always thought the schedule was KTERA - > JTERA -> Others ....