[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

9/8 Twitch Stream: Murdermaker 3000

2»

Comments

• Ketoth wrote: »
    The "crit chance formula" is a meme that will apparently never die. Absolutely no one at EME know it at all; they can't tell you something they don't know. And BHS won't tell them. But hey, the meme continues... lol

treeshark knew it. and if he knew other people probably know too

lol - that guy is so full of bluster. He never knew it but just wanted to make you believe he did because it frustrated people who really wanted to know.
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    > @tisnotme said:
    > and todays twitch code was seven percent

Thanks a lot!
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    What is this crit chance formula meme about? Is it asking EME's knowledge of the game since the community believes EME knows nothing about the game?

Yes, pretty much.
  • edited September 2017
    What is this crit chance formula meme about? Is it asking EME's knowledge of the game since the community believes EME knows nothing about the game?

Ironically, in this case, about something they wouldn't know in the first place. None of the publishers care about figuring out how damage is calculated by hand. There's a lot of things they probably should be expected to know about that maybe they don't... but yeah.
  • What is this crit chance formula meme about? Is it asking EME's knowledge of the game since the community believes EME knows nothing about the game?

It's not a meme. The theorycraft community genuinely wants to know the crit chance formula. Parts of the formula seem linear but at higher crit factors it has quite large deviation from that. Additionally harrowhold doesn't seem to follow some patterns we thought we had worked out based on crit and crit resist. And carving crystals have bizzare interactions with skills like meteor, thunderstrike, burst fire, and scythe.
  • 007Austin007Austin ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    My phone double posted for some reaaon. We can discuss more in another thread I suppose.
  • > @tisnotme said:

Thanks a lot!

the code won't work...? Dx
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    xMadDollx wrote: »
    > @tisnotme said:

Thanks a lot!

codes work from Friday to Sunday, if I remember correctly.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    xMadDollx wrote: »
    > @tisnotme said:

Thanks a lot!

codes work from Friday to Sunday, if I remember correctly.

You are correct
  • Here is my take on crit forumla,pure theory that might be or not real at all.
    Based on what I can figure out and seen crit factor go to 300 400 I asume that that's percentage added to the gear base hidden stats + skills + glyphs.
    But there's a catch, the 300 400 crit factor that the player is free to modify has no limit except the class one witch is hidden plus the all mighty RNGesus that usualy is + or - something %,most of the games tend to put 25% as RNG.
    Based on what I said up let's pretend we have character called Blob @ lv 1.
    Blob has click as an attack that does base dmg 10 to any and all targets.
    Blob has also hidden stats as well.
    Blob some times when he uses click does 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 and some times 14 15 16 dmg as critical dmg(max).
    Blob hits lv 10 and receives a weapon that does base dmg 10 and has one line that saids crit factor 1.
    Now Blob does 7 bla bla bla bla 18 and some times 20 dmg.
    Based on what I said above the theoretical crit forumula for Tera is: class base + hidden stats of skills(glyphs included) +gear(acc included and hidden stats) +extras (crystals)=1000, where 1000=100% crit cap.For example if a class needs only lets say 180 crit factor to cap crit, means if it reaches 110% crit it will be the same as 100% due to the hidden stats and the xx% rng.
    Power formula is basicaly the same but, been power you can go to 200% and be limited by hidden stats that are not public because reasons.