[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

what are iframes?

I am serious it confuses me when you guys talk mechanics and I don't know what you mean when you say iframes or other lingo for this game. so help a poor noob out, please?

Comments

• thanks for clear up
  • Gelos wrote: »
    thanks for clear up

no all inframes are inmune to damage, somes mecanics make make inframes skills useles ( like water phase in BRHM or duras fire in AIHM), but somes inframes are superior inframes, example sourcer warp barrier, ninja smoke bomb and gunner last recall can be inframe water phase in BRHM ( and others like a backstep dont ),

Somes mecanics are inframeables ( like Duras Burn Mecanic )
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Essential Mana has guides for each class with lists of what each skill does, icluding which one(s) are i-frames.

Any other terminology been bugging you?
  • Catservant not yet but when I have questions I will be asking. I do want to thank you all for answering the information is very much appreciated.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a tl;dr for "i-frames"

It is basically a dodge skill where you have a frame of invulnerability. Unless mechanic dictates that it can't be i-framed, every single attack is i-frameable.

There are skills however that perform like "i-frames" but actually aren't.

Sorcerer's Warp Barrier (absorbs 100% mitigatable damage)
    Gunner's Command:Recall (Absorbs 100% mitigatable damage)
    Berserker's Unbreakable (Your HP doesn't fall below 1) are among the few.

Most mechs that require iframes may work with the above skills, but the newer dungeons were more specific and you will still take damage under non-mitigatable damage.
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Gelos wrote: »
    Catservant not yet but when I have questions I will be asking. I do want to thank you all for answering the information is very much appreciated.

One thing that got me when I first started doing PvP was the CS lingo. I know they've updated the map to make it more user friendly, but when I first joined it was blank......and omg I was so confused at first! lol
    I actually found my old thread asking the question about CS Lingo!! lol. A nice person there filled out the map too with all the lingo - eternally grateful!:
    https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/player-vs-player/topics/CS-Lingo

<3<3<3