Spinning Counter? Yes, that's a perfect description of a STUN skill.

2»

Comments

• MargaretheMargarethe ✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    Arnetra wrote: »
    You people will complain about anything won't you? What about it is worse? The obvious reason they changed this and zerk's skill were because they used the word "stagger" in the names, but "stagger" is a different CC effect than the skills actually imparted. I prefer the new names since they don't suggest the skills do a CC that's different from what they actually do. They even kept the starting letters the same so they have the abbreviation. This is one of the worst examples of complaining for the sake of complaining I've seen, and that's saying something for how common this is on these forums.

They are most likely changing it and the skill levels because console is coming out soon, likely on one of the upcoming versions, so they're making all the "new-player-friendly" changes now.

Never had any issues understanding what the skill did when I started playing Tera.
    I believe players are simply amused by the fact that with all the current issues, they took the time to make unnecessary changes to skill names.
    Also, making a post to "complain" of players complaining would make you a complaining player as well, correct?
  • I mean, it takes like 2 seconds to change a line of text, so it's not really comparable to fixing exploits. Also probably not the same person handling both (if I recall right, a translator at Gameforge does the localization for both EU and NA regions, but I might be wrong.)
  • im hope they change the name "Tunder Strike " to "Crit depent Strike" huehue
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    "Spinning counter" makes it sound like the warrior does a spin like in vortex slash.

"Poison Blade" should be renamed "Edge Blade" because the DoT effect is pitiful. "Combo attack" should be called "wet noodle strike" because it doesn't do damage. "Traverse cut" should be called "Rapid Poking".
  • 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    "Spinning counter" makes it sound like the warrior does a spin like in vortex slash.

200.gif
  • Consistency changes like this are made less frequently than when TERA was first launched, but they still happen. Most of the time players don't pick up on them and things just look normal. Whether "Spinning" and "Sweeping" better than some alternative is totally up for debate, but the real intention was to remove the word stagger from skills that don't actually stagger.
  • I mean, it takes like 2 seconds to change a line of text, so it's not really comparable to fixing exploits. Also probably not the same person handling both (if I recall right, a translator at Gameforge does the localization for both EU and NA regions, but I might be wrong.)

Our team does the initial localization for English speaking regions. And you're right that work like this is done by different people from those that tackle exploits (Bluehole devs). It's a pretty quick process to change the name of something.
  • StrawberrypantsStrawberrypants ✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    That makes more sense, I guess they handle the other languages for their region then. Probably where I'm pulling that one from (besides the obvious approximately back-located area.)
2»